Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY

So the U.S.’s 2022 CCL bids will be awarded as follows:

— MLS Cup champion
— MLS Supporters' Shield winner
— First place team in MLS conference opposite the Shield winner
— Next-best MLS regular season record (instead of U.S. Open Cup)

If one club earns a spot via two mechanisms, then the empty berth also will be filled based on MLS regular season results. Canada’s three MLS clubs can’t qualify for the CCL via league play—they can only do so via the Canadian Championship tournament.

If one club earns a spot via two mechanisms, then the empty berth also will be filled based on MLS regular season results. Canada’s three MLS clubs can’t qualify for the CCL via league play—they can only do so via the Canadian Championship tournament.

Actually there are two Canadian teams this year including one, Forge FC, not from MLS. Montreal got in through the Canadian championship and Forge as one of the higher ranked losing semifinalist teams.

What was the actual point of drawing pot b? They could have just randomly slotted them into spots or just drew a pot b ball instead of a slot for pot a teams.

we were in the 4 position, so we'd play the winner of the 3 position. if memory serves, i think that was seattle v motagua (colorado v communicaciones as per lion's post below)

edit:

our side of the bracket is MLS heavy. the only liga MX side is Leon, I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victors87
When will the brackets come out to see who could be our next opponent ?
Club Leon - Guastatoya*
Seattle - Motagua
----------------
Colorado - Communicaciones*
NYCFC - Santos de Guapiles
-------------------------------------
Pumas - Saprissa*
New England - Cavaly
----------------
CF Montreal - Santos Laguna*
Cruz Azul - Forge FC

*Winners of Round of 16 matchup would host 2nd Leg in Quarterfinals

1639613920815.png

Last time we had to play in New Jersey....... Do you think will be the same this time around?
Last time I think they were arguing about whether they could play in YS and couldnt because of the advertising. I think that will stay the same. Choices will probably be RBA or a much smaller capacity college field where they can cover up all the ads.