2022 Concacaf Champions League

Your choice for next season: win the back to back MLS Cup or the first MLS team to win the Champions League? Both is not an appropriate response.

That depends, what do we get on our jersey if we win the Champions League? Honestly, my vote is for another MLS Cup, I know CL is a bigger competition but the legacy of MLS teams seems to be measured by the number of cups the team has won. While a champions league win would be amazing I actually think adding another MLS cup to our total will do more in the long term for the prestige of the club.

That depends, what do we get on our jersey if we win the Champions League? Honestly, my vote is for another MLS Cup, I know CL is a bigger competition but the legacy of MLS teams seems to be measured by the number of cups the team has won. While a champions league win would be amazing I actually think adding another MLS cup to our total will do more in the long term for the prestige of the club.
So maybe it's a star on our jerseys when we play Champions League?

I was on instagram noticed that the club has updated the crest to have the star on every new communication (graphics, schedule release, etc.) EXCEPT for the announcement of the CCL match. So wondered if our jerseys for those matches wouldn't have a star?

if they do it like in europe, teams tend to have a european/international competition jersey and a domestic competition jersey. so it would make sense if there are no stars on our jersey when we play in CCL.

in CCL, it seems teams are still using a star system as that is what monterrey does and they now have 5 stars above their crest after their 2021 win and had 4 stars going into the 2021 CCL.

on the other hand, in the bracket graphic, some of the liga MX teams have their domestic championship stars with their badge. so maybe there is no set policy..?

MLS digital doesn't seem to know the difference between PUMAS and TIGRES despite quoting tweets that list PUMAS.

1639681918027.jpg

Reactions: SoupInNYC
MLS digital doesn't seem to know the difference between PUMAS and TIGRES despite quoting tweets that list PUMAS.

View attachment 11730

Gets even weirder when you look at the table at #6
1639682862230.png

They list the MLS team in the left column, opponent in the right column, and then display the results where the winner in each one is on the left. But MLS has won none of those, so it makes it LOOK like they've won all of them, even though the table is trying to show that none of them have. Weird.

if they do it like in europe, teams tend to have a european/international competition jersey and a domestic competition jersey. so it would make sense if there are no stars on our jersey when we play in CCL.

in CCL, it seems teams are still using a star system as that is what monterrey does and they now have 5 stars above their crest after their 2021 win and had 4 stars going into the 2021 CCL.

on the other hand, in the bracket graphic, some of the liga MX teams have their domestic championship stars with their badge. so maybe there is no set policy..?
Stars for Euro clubs are usually just based on the domestic league they come from, if said league grants/has stars. Bayern is weird this year in that they were just given a 5th star, so the alternate and 3rd kits don't have any. Home one has all 5 stars, no matter if they're in the BuLi or CL. Only change is in the patches on the sleeves from what I can tell.

Clubs will have a "Champions League kit" in title but it's just their third shirt, the crest shouldn't have a difference if it's being used in CL or domestically.

Reactions: gbservis
6PM KO on a weeknight for the return leg? if thats in RBA even less people going to that.

yea there's no way i can make that kickoff time without taking at least a half day off work. I assume that'd be the case for most people coming from NYC.

Reactions: JayH
Why are they unable to get visas? Is there any clarification about what's happening here?

per reddit: basically the US embassy in Haiti is very short staffed and cant process the forms in a timely manner. the vibe i got is that its not the teams fault here. maybe they could of hosted in another country instead of both games in the US?

per reddit: basically the US embassy in Haiti is very short staffed and cant process the forms in a timely manner. the vibe i got is that its not the teams fault here. maybe they could of hosted in another country instead of both games in the US?

If that's the case then surely CONCACAF can figure out a better situation than forcing them to forfeit. Come on. This is supposed to be the best competition in the region. Figure out a way to get the games played. I realize they can't play in Haiti due to the security situation there, but find a place to play the game. This shouldn't be so hard. It makes this competition feel like a farce to make them forfeit for this reason.

Reactions: Vallos and Shwafta
If that's the case then surely CONCACAF can figure out a better situation than forcing them to forfeit. Come on. This is supposed to be the best competition in the region. Figure out a way to get the games played. I realize they can't play in Haiti due to the security situation there, but find a place to play the game. This shouldn't be so hard. It makes this competition feel like a farce to make them forfeit for this reason.

if they play anywhere else, Revs would also have to be on board. you'd think they would agree to play at a neutral location in the spirit of competition, but who knows.