Alexi Lalas Tells It Like It Is On A Fox Soccer Segment

Manchester's mental gymnastics team is better than its soccer teams....

Thank you, that must make me a champion.

The chances are he played for City rather than have him sat on his arse for 5-6 months waiting to start with NYCFC.

Yes, what they should have done is then release him from his contract on Dec 31. Or better still explained all that at the beginning so no one was in the dark and if he was seen playing at City, people could be interested to see how he did.

I wonder what will be said when Reyna, Kreis and everyone rolls up at the traning centre in February....

Thank you, that must make me a champion.

The chances are he played for City rather than have him sat on his arse for 5-6 months waiting to start with NYCFC.
Not chances, that's the official story. He was supoosed to go to Melbourne but their league balked it would ruin their parity and wouldn't allow it.

So he stayed in Manchester. Though, it doesn't explain why Villa was signed to a MLS contract immediately and Lampard to a CFG contract.

Yes, what they should have done is then release him from his contract on Dec 31. Or better still explained all that at the beginning so no one was in the dark and if he was seen playing at City, people could be interested to see how he did.

I wonder what will be said when Reyna, Kreis and everyone rolls up at the traning centre in February....
That's all you had to say.

Not chances, that's the official story. He was supoosed to go to Melbourne but their league balked it would ruin their parity and wouldn't allow it.

So he stayed in Manchester. Though, it doesn't explain why Villa was signed to a MLS contract immediately and Lampard to a CFG contract.

That's all you had to say.

No it doesn't because that is an entirely different matter. I have no idea why different contracts were offered and signed. They are nothingto do with the lian system of which i was talking about.

No, i had this to say too.... Or better still explained all that at the beginning so no one was in the dark and if he was seen playing at City, people could be interested to see how he did.

Was that not one of the many reasons people were pissed? The deceit and lack of transparency?

all this drama is good for publicity for soccer in America.

In 2015, we'll have 2 England LEGENDS coming to MLS. Lampard on the East Coast. Gerrard of the West Coast. One comes to MLS with drama. The other comes to MLS after a long career at his one and only club. Lampard will be lambasted by many. Stevie G will be the golden boy to pick up the league when Landon retired.

Is there a chance LAG and NYCFC play each other this year? Can't wait for the schedule to come out tomorrow.

No it doesn't because that is an entirely different matter. I have no idea why different contracts were offered and signed. They are nothingto do with the lian system of which i was talking about.

No, i had this to say too.... Or better still explained all that at the beginning so no one was in the dark and if he was seen playing at City, people could be interested to see how he did.

Was that not one of the many reasons people were pissed? The deceit and lack of transparency?
Yep, the deceit and insult of telling us he's ours, putting up huge billboards all over saying he's ours, press conferences, photo ops, telling us he's only being loaned to Manchester until the new year... and then revealing Manchester lied about basically everything and are stealing him past the start of the season.

Good first impression, Manchester.

Yep, the deceit and insult of telling us he's ours, putting up huge billboards all over saying he's ours, press conferences, photo ops, telling us he's only being loaned to Manchester until the new year... and then revealing Manchester lied about basically everything and are stealing him past the start of the season.

Good first impression, Manchester.

Why has Tom Pernetti never said anything?

What would you expect him to say at this point knowing that the guy that made the call on this is his boss?

And what difference would any words make?

There are a few things he could have done. He could have called bullshit and said something in public. He may well have supported it and it is why he has said nothing. He may well have argued back and said "my club my call, if he doesn;t come, i go" He may well have decided his job was worth more than the club. Who knows. Just seems strange.

That's all nice and dandy but Reyna, Kreis, and Pernetti took this job as a step up on their own careers. To ask them to throw away their opportunity a few months after taking it for Frank Lampard and Manchester is asking a lot.

Besides, they'll just be replaced by "Yes-men" anyway. So what you say sounds nice and some people have the cachet to follow through easily on that...but others don't.

And even if they did do that, I don't expect a different outcome.

Reactions: mgarbowski
At the end of the day what ever happened If no one chooses to say anything it's the usual case of like it or lump it.

Reactions: Kjbert
What would you expect him to say at this point knowing that the guy that made the call on this is his boss?

Plus, Tim Pernetti is no stranger to controversy. It's not even 2 years since Pernetti resigned as Athletic Director at Rutgers after his handling of the Mike Rice video scandal. Pernetti has a good gig now and you wouldn't want to rock the boat.

I can't blame anyone in the NYCFC organization for not doing anything since this all this came from everywhere above them: CFG and MLS.

Exactly, pathetic how MC fans are trying to pin blame on NYC guys as though there was anything they could do...

Last edited:
That's all nice and dandy but Reyna, Kreis, and Pernetti took this job as a step up on their own careers. To ask them to throw away their opportunity a few months after taking it for Frank Lampard and Manchester is asking a lot.

Exactly, no one is going to throw away this chance to build something new in NYC for a guy who's on the wrong side of 35 and realistically only has maybe 3-4 years left in his tank at best.

I think you are spot on there. The players will see it as business and there will be little animosity.
I maybe wrong but i would be surprised at other outcomes.
I think this is exactly right and in fact I expect some statements to the effect that any fan negativity towards FL is unwarranted. Everyone's got their role. Mine is to say "go to hell" if you lie to me and try to make nice by clapping at the end of a game.