Allen Chapman is Crap - Let's Discuss Why

is chapman still crap?
I thought he was fine last night. Got the big calls right. Managed the game pretty well. I could have used with a little less physical play on Villa and Maxi, but overall he was in line or better than what we usually get.

Now, whether that makes up for his horrible performaces last year...

giphy.gif

How has no one commented on Chapman’s performance last night? Galaxy fans can now join us in the revolution to remove him from his position.
Heard about gripes but are there replays of the “phantom” pk?

Allen Chapman, still crap.

Since Mario was asking.

And save this answer, because he’ll always be crap.

Reactions: Mario
Reactions: twsj91
Both of these went to VAR.
No where near his arm.

This is so ticky tacky. I’m really not a fan of VAR.

I didn’t watch the game so maybe someone who did can give more insight, but just scrolling through Twitter this morning LAG fans and players were livid with Chapman and VAR
He called a penalty on the ball off the defender’s back? Seriously?

One more reason why MLS and PRO have credibility issues.

Reactions: twsj91
He called a penalty on the ball off the defender’s back? Seriously?

One more reason why MLS and PRO have credibility issues.

Wait, VAR is supposed to be used for clear and obvious. That video was used to call a penalty? The LAG player is so blurry he looks like he has been pixelated out.

giphy.gif

Oh yeah, Crapman gonna be Crapman.

MLS didn't even put the penalty call in the condensed game and just showed the penalty.

I was so mad about that. I put 20 minutes into the condensed game, and the big, controversial moment was edited out.

The editing on that game was so poor anyway. Very choppy. Lots of 3-4 second clips stitched together. Some longer sequences with 1-2 seconds knocked out for no apparent reason.

Bump. Fuck you Allan Chapman. Yellow card my ass.

Both the VAR ref and Chapman should miss the same number of weeks that Herrera ends up missing, for no other reason than they committed malpractice by not getting the call correct that resulted in an injury. That’s the entire point of VAR, to review serious fouls, and this one was so plain as day, with studs crushing the ankle, that their judgement is a real concern.

Both the VAR ref and Chapman should miss the same number of weeks that Herrera ends up missing, for no other reason than they committed malpractice by not getting the call correct that resulted in an injury. That’s the entire point of VAR, to review serious fouls, and this one was so plain as day, with studs crushing the ankle, that their judgement is a real concern.
Depends on what exactly the VAR ref said to Chapman, but I agree with you. With Chapman being Chapman (and for some reason, really, really appearing to dislike Herrera - see last year's Chicago game), I could see the VAR official saying to Chapman that he needs to look at this and Chapman blowing him off.

Reactions: Ulrich
Upon reviewing this thread I realized how I had forgotten the quantity of crappy calls by Chapman against NYCFC (and the amount of time I spent complaining about them).

Also hearing Lion (and the rest of us) say Alan Kelly is a great ref, ouch.

We all know RBNJ will come out throwing haymakers and get nothing for it tomorrow.

Reactions: moogoo