American Non-dps Based Abroad

MagnusPax

Registered
May 3, 2014
I believe QPR was paying part of Julio Cesar's salary for some reason so he wasn't a DP
Cesar is only on loan from QPR who also agreed to pay for the majority of his wage, hence his salary is within the range of a non-DP player and since there is no transfer fee he also does not qualify for DP status.

As for non-DP, non-USMNT players abroad here is my starting list (correct or add if you want):

-Alfredo Morales, CDM, FC Ingolstadt 04.
-Ariyibi, Gboly, FW, Tranmere Rovers
-Bernabé Magaña, GK, Pumas
-Justin Moose, MF, SJK
-Villyan Bijev, FW, Slavia Sofia
-Sean Cunningham, CB, Free Agent?
-Shawn Parker, FW, FC Augsburg
-Joey Spivack, FW, IBV
-Jordan Seabrook, MF, VPS
-Gabriel Farfan, LB, Chiapas
-Charlie Campbell, FW, Ljungskile SK
-Brandon McDonald, CB, Ljungskile SK
-David Yelldell, GK, Bayer Leverkusen
-Bobby Wood, FW, 1860 Munich
-Jeremiah White, MF, Free Agent/retired?
-Zak Whitbread, FW, Derby
-Bobby Warshaw, CM, GAIS
-Zarek Valentin, CB, Bodø/Glimt
-Marcus Tracy, FW, Free Agent
-Eugene Starikov, FW, Zenit

.... etc.....

Reactions: Kjbert
ALFREDO MORALES
Longest video I've found of him playing. And it's like 4 years old.

GBOLY ARIYIBI

JUSTIN MOOSE

JOEY SPIVACK

Safe to assume that the Mexican-American players will not be playing in MLS anytime soon?

Thanks BxLio91, please feel free to comment or add to the list I started!

Safe to assume that the Mexican-American players will not be playing in MLS anytime soon?
Why would you assume that?

Why wouldn't they?
Also sorry guys I forget not everyone speaks Spanish.
I'll try to find more highlights of the other names you've listed later.

Cesar is only on loan from QPR who also agreed to pay for the majority of his wage, hence his salary is within the range of a non-DP player and since there is no transfer fee he also does not qualify for DP status.

As for non-DP, non-USMNT players abroad here is my starting list (correct or add if you want):

-Alfredo Morales, CDM, FC Ingolstadt 04.
-Ariyibi, Gboly, FW, Tranmere Rovers
-Bernabé Magaña, GK, Pumas
-Justin Moose, MF, SJK
-Villyan Bijev, FW, Slavia Sofia
-Sean Cunningham, CB, Free Agent?
-Shawn Parker, FW, FC Augsburg
-Joey Spivack, FW, IBV
-Jordan Seabrook, MF, VPS
-Gabriel Farfan, LB, Chiapas
-Charlie Campbell, FW, Ljungskile SK
-Brandon McDonald, CB, Ljungskile SK
-David Yelldell, GK, Bayer Leverkusen
-Bobby Wood, FW, 1860 Munich
-Jeremiah White, MF, Free Agent/retired?
-Zak Whitbread, FW, Derby
-Bobby Warshaw, CM, GAIS
-Zarek Valentin, CB, Bodø/Glimt
-Marcus Tracy, FW, Free Agent
-Eugene Starikov, FW, Zenit

.... etc.....
Falastur Falastur or other mods, any chance my quoted post and BxLio91 BxLio91 YouTube links above might get spun off into a separate thread for American non-DPs Abroad?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

This could blow up into another discussion, but I think that's where MLS has a weak spot. The MLS teams can't afford to pay 18-21 year olds not quite ready to start what LigaMX can and they haven't offered the depth of training available there. To Tijuana and others credit, they are exploiting this gap and snatching up a lot of young guys, particularly those who have dual citizenship since they have limited foreign slots as well.

This problem will be reduced as more money goes into dev programs and more teams have dedicated U-x squads playing competitive matches.

Of course, there's also that little problem of MLS clubs also not having or utilizing the resources to scout the Latino leagues since the USSF/MLS programs are tied up scouting the Dallas Rich White Kid Invitational. This problem will also reduce with time as the US pop generally becomes a more knowledgable soccer society who can serve as a scouting safety net. It'll still happen just because the country is so damn big, as evidenced by the number of other-sport pro athletes who didn't get big time college offers, but it will gradually happen less and less.

Sorry for the tangent. Climbing down from my soapbox now.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan answered my question. We don't scout or pay young Latinos. We barely scout and pay any young players, but it seems like MLS is competing (barely) with LigaMX for Latino talent. Maybe that's just my vantage point, but MLS should be the best and most diverse league in the Americas and I don't know that it is...

Shawn Parker would be a Dp.

Alfredo Morales would be solid though.

Onyewu is on his way out of Sheffield Wednesday, could he be coming here? He would be a non-Dp if he comes.

DC interested I guess.....wonder if we can entice him to come here instead.

Last edited:
Bigger problem on Gooch is he would go through the USMNT allocation order. If NYCFC get jones or mix they will be #21 on that list. So basically every other MLS club would have to say no before NYC get a chance.

Is everyone aware of what the USMNT Allocation is?

If not here is a good write-up:
http://wvhooligan.com/2013/08/mls-statement-on-usmnt-allocation-process/

Oh and this is another good one:
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/7/3/5868997/mls-allocation-order-usmnt-players

I am pretty sure if you sign a player as a DP you bypass the allocation order. Which means if we sign mix, altidore, or Jones as a DP. We would still be near the top of the allocation; allowing us to sign a non-Dp american such as Onyewu.

Which is why toronto are at #1 this year, despite signing Bradley.

Also, to add to your list Michael Stephens. I like him. Never regained his form from his rookie year; but he can still ball.

Duane Holmes.

Juan Pablo Ocegueda.

Fernando Arce Jr.

Alejandro Guido.

Alonso Hernandez.

Also, probable that we can get sebastian lletget on loan from West Ham.

Of all of these, Id love to see Arce Jr, or Guido here the most. Future stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnusPax
I am pretty sure if you sign a player as a DP you bypass the allocation order. Which means if we sign mix, altidore, or Jones as a DP. We would still be near the top of the allocation; allowing us to sign a non-Dp american such as Onyewu.

Which is why toronto are at #1 this year, despite signing Bradley.
This is how I think it's understood. But MLS has been cryptic in its application. Won't mean much if Lampard takes last DP slot.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
This is how I think it's understood. But MLS has been cryptic in its application. Won't mean much if Lampard takes last DP slot.

Very true. I have a pretty good feeling that if we do end up signing Xavi- Lampard will be going to Melbourne. There has been reports saying that the reason Xavi wasn't plausible at first was because of Lampard's contract. However, Lampard has yet to sign. Xavi was NYCFC's #1 target back in January. I think Lampard was always their second option. So perhaps, since Xavi is in the picture again Lampard could be going to another team such as Melbourne.

or maybe the Xavi link is why Lampard was somehow rumored to TFC?