And We're Live!

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Thanks Dan for opening up this section.

This will serve and the Unofficial Official Home of the Unofficial Official NYCFC Social Club - [to be named later on should we all decide to].

First, since there seems to be some miscommunication - this is not a rivalry to the Third Rail Supporters Club. This is an off-shoot. A partner. A brother. While it's not expected: we encourage active participation in Third Rail and any other organization that exists to promote NYCFC, MLS, and Soccer as a whole.

If you haven't already - please take a moment to fill out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MIKV57tb_k92eOa7l-mGAZF58yEcG8vamA56v1v_XaI/viewform?usp=send_form
this survey, so that we may gauge interest and get a feel for what everyone wants.

then head over to twitter:
https://twitter.com/NYCFCSocial
and give us a follow. Sorry about the background and the avatar...we'll come up with something better.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan had a nice little blurb on the survey so I'll c/p and leave it at that:

We aim to be a loose coalition of individuals who share Third Rail Supporters Club's passion for NYCFC, but prefer a more casual approach to the match and supporter experience. The vision behind this group is one of providing an organized platform for communication and collaboration that offers a complementary outlet for those who would like to enjoy the camaraderie of a supporters' group without some of the fervor typically associated with an MLS supporter section.
While the organization itself is not directly affiliated with Third Rail Supporters Club, we hope that each individual associated with our effort will opt to support TRSC in the manner of their choosing. For most of the organizers of the "NYCFC Social" effort, that means being dues paying members of TRSC to assist in funding their critical role in delivering a stadium experience of which we can all be proud. Of course, as with anything else associated with the "social" movement, the choice is yours alone (we aren't big on requirements).
The immediate goals of the "Social" group are three-fold:
1. Connect those who are passionate about the game and its growth, particularly as it relates to our city and NYCFC.
2. Communicate opportunities to participate in casual match day or other social gatherings centered around enjoying the company and conversation of people who have these shared interests
3. Set an example of the stadium environment we hope to cultivate by identifying a particular section, distinct from the dedicated supporters section, as "ours" (be it official or not), in which we aim to be supportive of the club while also being comfortable, hospitable and fun for ourselves and any guests.

If you came here from anywhere other than NYCFC Forums, we encourage you to take a quick look at the thread that began this effort. The link is below. If anything there resonates with you, we welcome you to join our dialogue both there and by completing this survey.

funny-casual-like-a-boss-guy-pics.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Midas Mulligan
So how are you going to be different than the third rail? You guys gonna sit and wave flags?

So how are you going to be different than the third rail? You guys gonna sit and wave flags?

Speak your mind, whats up?

We've been pretty open to TR. Not sure why there has been so much hostility from the TR Board. We are not a rivalry, we are a subset. No different than TR Polska, Westchester, etc.

The way the board presented themselves, TR is an umbrella group. That means TR is a common bond between all supporters.

The Social Club is a way for non-Supporters Section fans to be a part of YOUR GROUP.

And to answer your question. If any of us or our kids want to wave flags, them fuck yes we're waving flags.

Last edited:
From what I seem to understand, they're TRSC but just a mellower part. Not a whole entire rival SC. Am I right?

Speak your mind, whats up?

We've been pretty open to TR. Not sure why there has been so much hostility from the TR Board. We are not a rivalry, we are a subset. No different than TR Polska, Westchester, etc.

The way the board presented themselves, TR is an umbrella group. That means TR is a common bond between all supporters.

The Social Club is a way for non-Supporters Section fans to be a part of YOUR GROUP.

And to answer your question. If any of us or our kids want to wave flags, them fuck yes we're waving flags.

Ok that kind of came off dickish. I only wonder why you guys dont want to sit with us?

Ok that kind of came off dickish. I only wonder why you guys dont want to sit with us?
I apologize if it came off as dickish, wasn't my intent. We've spent the past week trying to get a group of people together with common interests and this is the second time a Board Member has accused us of some agenda.

We're not sitting with you because you are a standing-only supporters section. We are the guys that want to sit and watch ball. When the time is right or the mood is right we join in. This isn't about us and you. It's about fans getting together.

I'm not sure why you guys are so opposed to us organizing. We are working towards the same common goal. There should be no division.

?... I only wonder why you guys dont want to sit with us?

Most people with whom I've communicated about Social are like me, buying multiple season tickets and want to choose a location where they can have guests who aren't hardcore supporter, but still sit among others who are emotionally invested in, and knowledgeable about, both the game and club.

In other words, I wouldn't be buying supporter section tickets either way because of all the reasons suggested elsewhere, but I also don't want to end up next to the soccer mom from Greenwich with 3 rug rats.

I want to connect and be seated with other passionate football fans who prefer occasional songs, ref insults and discussion of play to the full throttle experience.

I figured there were others like me who'd be interested in connecting on this objective. By being proactive, we can create something closer to our collective ideal match experience.

I didn't even make the initial post in the factions section because I didn't even see it being that. I just wanted to try to connect with some season ticket holders similar to me.

If you haven't read the original thread, give it a look. It might answer your questions.

I apologize if it came off as dickish, wasn't my intent. We've spent the past week trying to get a group of people together with common interests and this is the second time a Board Member has accused us of some agenda.

We're not sitting with you because you are a standing-only supporters section. We are the guys that want to sit and watch ball. When the time is right or the mood is right we join in. This isn't about us and you. It's about fans getting together.

I'm not sure why you guys are so opposed to us organizing. We are working towards the same common goal. There should be no division.

This isnt a matter of "agenda". I was just worried about atmosphere. Having patches of groups scattered around then stadium could have a bit of a erratic a feel about it. If you guys could get as close as possible, to the SS it would really help.

This isnt a matter of "agenda". I was just worried about atmosphere. Having patches of groups scattered around then stadium could have a bit of a erratic a feel about it. If you guys could get as close as possible, to the SS it would really help.
This is exactly what we are doing. Trust me man, we're with Third Rail.

Reactions: NYCBlue