Andres Mendoza Will Be Waived

It seems a local reporter is saying the box score is wildly inaccurate and this isn't true.

That box score does list 4 substitutions so I'm inclined to believe him but for now both teams and the USL are showing it as being true. If there's any correction I'll post it.

I'm Ecuadorian and I was following his team for the last 3 years. While Andres Mendoza was playing, his team was in the top 5 in the Ecuadorian league for 3 consecutive years. He was one of the brightest players and if he had not gone to NYCFC, he probably would have at least one call into the National team. He had quality, more than enough to be in the starting 11 of an MLS team. This adaptation thing, it's BS. I feel like the coach just did not like him for some reason. He's much better than the defenders that are playing right now.

Sounds like Kreis to me...

Reactions: Kjbert
Lots of people talking about how Kreis said he wasn't fitting in, and how he didn't seem to play well/be in control, but not many people picking up on other things Kreis said, such as that he couldn't seem to get fit, which would be a much better reason for not playing him and then getting rid. Seems to me there were a whole load of reasons he wasn't working out, and calling it bad scouting, bad managing or bad planning is perhaps only looking at half of the story.

Reactions: Lasker
Lots of people talking about how Kreis said he wasn't fitting in, and how he didn't seem to play well/be in control, but not many people picking up on other things Kreis said, such as that he couldn't seem to get fit, which would be a much better reason for not playing him and then getting rid. Seems to me there were a whole load of reasons he wasn't working out, and calling it bad scouting, bad managing or bad planning is perhaps only looking at half of the story.

The problem is that this particular players was presented as one of the merits of having a great scouting network (to highlight the merits of being part of CFG) at a time when the club needed to diverge attention from Lampard's fiasco. Mendoza became then a promise (not in the "he has potential as a soccer player" sense but "look how great of organization we are") that yesterday was broken.

The problem is that this particular players was presented as one of the merits of having a great scouting network (to highlight the merits of being part of CFG) at a time when the club needed to diverge attention from Lampard's fiasco. Mendoza became then a promise (not in the "he has potential as a soccer player" sense but "look how great of organization we are") that yesterday was broken.

The promise was of a global scouting network. Admittedly I was hoping for a couple of better finds too, but that was the promise. Having a global scouting network does not mean that you suddenly become able to close out a deal when the other club is playing hardball. Player purchasing is nothing to do with the scouts.

Yet another one.

Hey maybe he just wasn't fitting in the teams plans, we have to remember this team is still working out that gel and we have lamps coming so someone else has to be out as well for the roster limit??

How can you let a 25 year old with strong defense and some attacking qualities go just like that? Forgot for a second how pathetic this team really is.
My guess is he wasn't that good defensively, or something else entirely different that we don't know about.

That said, there is even less cover now for a weakened defense.

Lets leave the kid alone. NYC is tough and not for everybody. searh Ed Whitson who was a yankee and when the fans found out he could not handle the pressure, heaped shit on him. guy had a breakdown.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
He will be left alone because most fans will have forgotten his presence already. Its not like people are sending him hate mail. Why anyone would come from Ecuador (with the altitude level and all you would think he was well adapted to tough situations) to NYC and waste that opportunity is beyond me. Kreis could be covering up for poor training, etc but its probably correct that he suffered from some homesickness. Maybe Ecuador isn't that bad but its never going to be the United States is it...

He might truly regret this in the long term.

Last edited:
Especially since Queens has a strong Ecuadorian presence. I just don't know man. Something's fishy.
I hate to rumor-monger, so I won't go beyond saying there definitely must be something off the field going on.

Could be anything or nothing. Only thing we know for sure is we'll likely never know, unless Kreis one day pens a tell-all memoir (working title "Lucky Bounce", with "Harder Than I Imagined" getting some shouts in various corners).

I hate to rumor-monger, so I won't go beyond saying there definitely must be something off the field going on.

Could be anything or nothing. Only thing we know for sure is we'll likely never know, unless Kreis one day pens a tell-all memoir (working title "Lucky Bounce", with "Harder Than I Imagined" getting some shouts in various corners).
I agree with this 100%. Had to be something off field. Move on and (hopefully) up!!