Away - DC 10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobanddoug1.jpg

Come on you hosers; put on the Impact vs. Toronto, eh!

DCUs last 12 games:

DDWDDWLDDWWW

Yup, one loss in 12 games...courtesy of Lampard's 93rd minute strike (otherwise they would have tied 2-2). The pessimist says going to be real tough to get 3 points - also considering that NYCFC already won in DC earlier this year.

The optimist says win streaks end and if other teams drop points, a tie might be enough to get the top 2 seed. I think NYCFC's magic number is 5 for a top 2 finish, so they tie and RBNY/TOR loss means that NYCFC needs just a tie in the final game for the top 2 (or depending on result, could even be in to win the East).

DCUs last 12 games:

DDWDDWLDDWWW

Yup, one loss in 12 games...courtesy of Lampard's 93rd minute strike (otherwise they would have tied 2-2). The pessimist says going to be real tough to get 3 points - also considering that NYCFC already won in DC earlier this year.

The optimist says win streaks end and if other teams drop points, a tie might be enough to get the top 2 seed. I think NYCFC's magic number is 5 for a top 2 finish, so they tie and RBNJ/TOR loss means that NYCFC needs just a tie in the final game for the top 2 (or depending on result, could even be in to win the East).

NYCFC, where streaks die.

We obviously can't have a performance like the last meeting. We have to go in there and put the pressure on for 90 minutes. I think the lineup we played vs Houston is fantastic and should be run out again. Khiry is up for debate though. Just when he was heating up, he lost focus being too busy serenading his lady friend on Snapchat.

D.C. United v New York City
RFK Stadium (3:00pm ET)
REF: ALAN KELLY
AR1: Kyle Atkins
AR2: Brian Dunn
4TH: Jose Carlos Rivero

I like Alan Kelly. Some people were disappointed with the last game he called for us (not sure which one it was). That being said, it's a good refereeing assignment.

Reactions: Kjbert
Eirik Johansen Steps Up for NYCFC
http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/10/08/eirik-johansen-steps-nycfc

“I think Eirik was fantastic tonight. I think from the start to the end he showed a lot of personality and I was really pleased with his performance,” Vieira said. “I think Eirik tonight showed how good he is as a goalkeeper and he’s in our plan. He’s been working really hard, really well the last few weeks and he deserved a good game tonight.”

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
One of the all time great England players (retired), does a LOT of media in the UK. Match of the Day for BBC, Champions League for BT Sport, and some appearances on Sky and NBC Sports here in the US.

He's Landon Donovan and Alexi Lalas combined in terms of popularity and name recognition (in England), without all the controversial opinions of the two.

One of the all time great England players (retired), does a LOT of media in the UK. Match of the Day for BBC, Champions League for BT Sport, and some appearances on Sky and NBC Sports here in the US.

He's Landon Donovan and Alexi Lalas combined in terms of popularity and name recognition (in England), without all the controversial opinions of the two.

im very well aware who is...i guess i should of put sarcasm in parenthesis... just like meh once they become pundits they just become less significant to me....maybe because im not too fond of sports media this day and age.

but in terms of his trip to nycfc as long as hes not crapping on the practice field here its all good.

im very well aware who is...i guess i should of put sarcasm in parenthesis... just like meh once they become pundits they just become less significant to me....maybe because im not too fond of sports media this day and age.

but in terms of his trip to nycfc as long as hes not crapping on the practice field here its all good.
Grant Wahl is there today too. Something is up.

Grant Wahl is there today too. Something is up.

hmm....is it "playoff week" ? or something end of season type week? i dont expect anything major at all. unless we got a lampard retirement announcement.

hmm....is it "playoff week" ? or something end of season type week? i dont expect anything major at all. unless we got a lampard retirement announcement.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Could you imagine?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Could you imagine?

sheeet....why do it now though....even if he cant return this season ....just lie about the injury like they have been doing with other injuries until season is over.

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.