Away - September 22 - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of what you mentioned is anything I suggested.

Earlier I said I would rather have a midfield 3 of Parks/Maxi/Sands over Parks/Maxi/Ring. Against San Jose, Dome had Ring push further up the pitch than Parks most of the time. If Sands is in, there is no way he pushes Sands up the pitch over Parks.
You suggested Sands over Ring. Maxi/Parks/Ring allows for a fluid group of midfielders where any of them have the ability to go forward. Maxi/Parks/Sands doesn't allow that and makes the buildup that much more predictable and defensible. I extrapolated what was possible as a second dimension of tactics with another forward-pushing midfielder, because in a one-2-one comparison as a DMid it's not even close.

As the Stay-at-home-6..... Ring is a better tackler, has more experience, more leadership since he's the captain, a bigger engine with faster speed - most games when Sands has had to run he looks completely gassed towards the end, and has been the best DMid in the league for the last few years. I like Sands and think he has a big future, but he's not at a place when he's gonna displace Alex Ring.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Status
Not open for further replies.