Bike Gang

kylelovescrayons

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 1, 2014
This is very far in advance I realize buuuut ...

I'd love to organize some bike rides to games/pubs/meet-ups. I don't know if anyone on here rides but I'm a Staten Island Native living in the bronx. I am just picturing a crew riding from each borough meeting along the way either in manhattan, or the South Bronx and riding bicycles up to the gates, hooting hollering, drinking beers in out bottle cages etc.

I will be riding to our first meet-up of whatever kind and look forward to seeing folks there. We can get the ball rolling.

Never liked riding bikes personally (won't be around vast majority of time anyway) but can see logic in this. Shame it would be harder to get hold of motorcycles because that truly could be "bad ass" if presented right. At the very least though make sure people use decent looking bicycles preferably black or grey colored. Tricycles and scooters people would just laugh at and probably record it for LOLs on youtube. If any game would be a good choice for a prematch bike ride it would probably be RB away.

Shame it would be harder to get hold of motorcycles because that truly could be "bad ass" if presented right. At the very least though make sure people use decent looking bicycles preferably black or grey colored. Tricycles and scooters people would just laugh at and probably record it for LOLs on youtube. If any game would be a good choice for a prematch bike ride it would probably be RB away.
LOL! That's awesome. I completely ignored the "bicycle" part. Cyclists are badass too...just in a less-metal-and-leather sort of way.

happy to wear leather, or at least some sort of ripped denim vest and tow a soundsystem blasting slayer ... just saying

Reactions: DCG
Certainly like leather jackets own one myself. Very durable in all kinds of weather maybe it would be easier to get fans showing up in leather jackets instead. It would certainly be a different look though people could keep their hair if they wanted. Not everybody who wears them is a bald biker. Motorcycles there wouldn't be any need for "hooting and hollering" just revving up and the sound would be enough. Sure there's probably a considerable number of laws relating to noise in NY though...:)

Infact the club should sell leather jackets with a massive NYCFC logo on the back. The merchandise has been pretty standard so far.

Reactions: DCG
yeah see that's perfect - denim, patches, tough guy hairstyle. Either way I know when I lived in Baltimore it was always fun to get a group of us to ride to o's games ... just another way to get together, and riding to yankees and mets games has been easy as well. Plus we have an instant tailgate at the bike racks.

Stadium upgrades ... there should be some bike racks.

Bringing this thread back - We have a home game coming up - anyone ride bikes? I know it's still a little cold - but if there's a crew of people who ride we can organize a quick ride up in a group and set up a lil tailgate/hit a bar - I'm thinking meet somewhere in harlem ride over to the bronx and up. Not far - anyone? Bueller?

imgres.jpg imgres-1.jpg images.jpg Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 3.59.06 PM.png

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
Certainly like leather jackets own one myself. Very durable in all kinds of weather maybe it would be easier to get fans showing up in leather jackets instead. It would certainly be a different look though people could keep their hair if they wanted. Motorcycles there wouldn't be any need for "hooting andhollering" just revving up and the sound would be enough... :)

Infact the club should sell leather jackets with a massive NYC FC logo on the back. The merchandise has been pretty standard so far.
Check out the quality merchandise and apparel from the Brooklyn Nets they know how to do it, Jay-Z has good taste.

I rock my old late 60's moped if I still had it, LOL :D.

custom-new-era-59fifty-baseball-cap-hat-brooklyn-nets-exclusive_4.jpg
tumblr_meo35gxBlq1r4u8fmo1_500.jpg

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders

Check out the quality merchandise and apparel from the Brooklyn Nets they know how to do it, Jay-Z has good taste.

I rock my old late 60's moped if I still had it, LOL :D.

View attachment 1771
View attachment 1772

I really like this style of muted merchandise. Toronto did a partnership with Frank & Oak last year that produced some really nice apparel.

frank-and-oak-toronto-fc.jpg

frank_oak_collaborates_with_toronto_fc.jpg

Frank-and-Oak-TFC-popup.png

I'd love it if NYCFC would do something similar.