Blue Balls - No Bs Nycfc Podcast

Blue Balls Pod

Registered
Jan 20, 2015
Howdy forumites. We know we're late to the party pimping the material here. The podcast field is already oversaturated. But we too have been there from the start! If you can't get enough of your Blue Balls, you can find our latest episodes in THIS THREAD. Below is this week's episode, in which we review the Sounders match & preview the RBNY Hudson River Rivalry derby. Hope we'll hear from you!

Trey is @TreyFillmore
Jake is @jakebecknation
We are @BlueBallsPod.

Now available on iTunes, Stitcher, and all podcatching apps.

-----------------------------
EPISODE XI - HUDSON RIVER RIBALDRY

The doctor will see you now. No, you don't need an operation. Take this magazine and we'll see you in three and a half minutes - you've got Blue Balls.

This week Jake & Trey recap an unsurprising paddling from the Yankees of major league soccer, and highlight the myriad positives in an extremely entertaining match. We dismantle any and all sniggering about our "cruddy" chant sheets & talk for far too long about transfer rumors & players NYCFC will likely never sign. Finally, a preview of the derby nobody could prevent: RBNY v NYCFC. A battle of the cumbersome acronyms. Hope to see you there, blue ballers.

Howdy forumites. We know we're late to the party pimping the material here. The podcast field is already oversaturated. But we too have been there from the start! If you can't get enough of your Blue Balls, you can find our latest episodes in THIS THREAD. Below is this week's episode, in which we review the Sounders match & preview the RBNY Hudson River Rivalry derby. Hope we'll hear from you!

Trey is @TreyFillmore
Jake is @jakebecknation
We are @BlueBallsPod.

Now available on iTunes, Stitcher, and all podcatching apps.

-----------------------------
EPISODE XI - HUDSON RIVER RIBALDRY

The doctor will see you now. No, you don't need an operation. Take this magazine and we'll see you in three and a half minutes - you've got Blue Balls.

This week Jake & Trey recap an unsurprising paddling from the Yankees of major league soccer, and highlight the myriad positives in an extremely entertaining match. We dismantle any and all sniggering about our "cruddy" chant sheets & talk for far too long about transfer rumors & players NYCFC will likely never sign. Finally, a preview of the derby nobody could prevent: RBNY v NYCFC. A battle of the cumbersome acronyms. Hope to see you there, blue ballers.
thanks for listening to me and finally getting on Stitcher - took ya floppy wieners long enough - I say that with love

Thanks for finally making your way around here! I've been wanting to invite you guys here since you started but I'm not allowed to promote on /r/nycfc. Love your show. Love what you guys are doing.

Thanks for finally making your way around here! I've been wanting to invite you guys here since you started but I'm not allowed to promote on /r/nycfc. Love your show. Love what you guys are doing.

that's sort of silly, the ban on promotion! but we're glad to be here. we been draggin' our feet far too long and regarding long-term discussion of the team there are definitely clear advantages to this forum system versus the ever-disappearing threads on the sub.

Reactions: einwindir
Episode XII: Plugging Offensive Holes

Frustrated beyond belief after a weekend of agony, you'd better believe if you're an NYCFC fan out there you've got Blue Balls. Jake & Trey are joined by ANOTHER Chris ( NYCFCfan NYCFCfan) of @NYCFCWatch and baller extraordinaire. Listen to Chris and Trey recap their run in with martial law on the PATH train, and then keep open ears for our lengthy RBNY recap, some Talking Points, a game of Innocent or Guilty, and finally a quick preview of our Firey rematch with Chicago.

13.30 - RBNY recap
41.37 - talking points / Innocent or Guilty
1.11.19 - CHI preview
1.28.10 - plugs & goodbyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFCfan
Episode XII: Plugging Offensive Holes

Frustrated beyond belief after a weekend of agony, you'd better believe if you're an NYCFC fan out there you've got Blue Balls. Jake & Trey are joined by ANOTHER Chris ( NYCFCfan NYCFCfan), founder of @NYCFCWatch and baller extraordinaire. Listen to Chris and Trey recap their run in with martial law on the PATH train, and then keep open ears for our lengthy RBNY recap, some Talking Points, a game of Innocent or Guilty, and finally a quick preview of our Firey rematch with Chicago.

Thanks to /u/ncquake24, /u/theycallmepapi, /u/sbrylski, and Tom of Fairfield, CT on the forums - we've quoted you therein.

13.30 - RBNY recap
41.37 - talking points / Innocent or Guilty
1.11.19 - CHI preview
1.28.10 - plugs & goodbyes.

Two legal disclaimers: I am not a lawyer. As for NYCFCwatch: I simply run it, another Chris founded it (props to him) and helps out from time to time but I'm the man behind the curtain now.

Also… man this was a fun episode. Be gentle… it's only my first podcast.

Two legal disclaimers: I am not a lawyer. As for NYCFCwatch: I simply run it, another Chris founded it (props to him) and helps out from time to time but I'm the man behind the curtain now.

Also… man this was a fun episode. Be gentle… it's only my first podcast.

edits to descriptions thus forthcoming!

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Episode XVI: Big Mac Attack (PHI v NYC)

Good lord. Our tear ducts have been cranked wide open since Saturday and now resemble mythical neverending Fountains of Youth rather than the usual grim sarlacc pits this team has saddled us with. For once, NYCFC did not give us Blue Balls. BUT YOU'VE GOT EM ANYWAY.

Trey and Jake try to reckon with what this strange feeling called "victory" is - its particular measure; its shape; its texture. Then we move on to tasks at hand. Poku, Shaved Facey, Big Mac, The Slovaki Rider - all analyzed penetratingly for your benefit. Then: a quick Hot Stove, some USWNT talk (we <3 you rapinoe) and a check in on Khiry Shelton, all leading up to our MONTREAL PREVIEW - and a quiz game that asks Trey to go Montre-All or Nothin'. The fedex guy needs you to sign for your fleshlight, NYC fans - You've got blue balls.

Episode XVIII: Frankly My Dear, We Give A Lam(pard)

Oof, that title.

Folks, we try to keep level heads when recording our little podcast. But sometimes we have to blow off some steam. Sometimes we just have to gush. And that's exactly what this week's episode is all about. First Trey and Jake gush on the sublime misery that is the end of a winning streak. Then Hot Stove has us gushing about Tefu Mashamaite's 10-day trial. And most gushingly of all, Trey takes us down his memory lane - a rose-lensed hand in hand stroll with none other than SuperFrank. And then we precap Montreal.

Happy Fourth of July, folks - don't forget your Blue Balls.

Jake is @jakebecknation / /u/jakebecknation
Trey is @TreyFillmore / /u/BeatsByTre
Blue Balls is @BlueBallsPod.