Breaking: Altidore To Toronto Fc

I agree with the general point but it's nowhere near $20m on attackers 2 years running. Just saying
Didn't they pay a transfer fee for Defoe, Bradley and Altidore? How much are they going to pay their DPs in just salary in 2015? You are right, I underestimated. They are going to spend more than $20 million.

I think in the Altidore deal, they sent Defoe to Sunderland and received back Altidore and $10 Million.

Didn't they pay a transfer fee for Defoe, Bradley and Altidore? How much are they going to pay their DPs in just salary in 2015? You are right, I underestimated. They are going to spend more than $20 million.

This is what you said, "My point is that TFC spends $20 million(?) on new attackers 2 years running".

They paid $10m for Defoe and less than a million for Gilberto. They turned Defoe into Altidore and $6m in cash considerations.

Bradley has never been an attacker.

Atomic Ant on a free transfer. Salary this year $3.5m. Jozy is getting approx $4.5m.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
This is what you said, "My point is that TFC spends $20 million(?) on new attackers 2 years running".

They paid $10m for Defoe and less than a million for Gilberto. They turned Defoe into Altidore and $6m in cash considerations.

Bradley has never been an attacker.

Atomic Ant on a free transfer. Salary this year $3.5m. Jozy is getting approx $4.5m.
If you aren't considering Bradley part of the TFC attack in 2014, I don't think you watched that team. And Bradley trying to play attacking mid was half the problem.

The point here isn't exact amounts, its the point that TFC is throwing millions around, millions MORE than almost all other MLS teams. Is NYCFC or LA Galaxy throwing around millions? No they are signing aged players on free transfers.

Toronto is spending money, and its all in the attack.

If you aren't considering Bradley part of the TFC attack in 2014, I don't think you watched that team. And Bradley trying to play attacking mid was half the problem.

The point here isn't exact amounts, its the point that TFC is throwing millions around, millions MORE than almost all other MLS teams. Is NYCFC or LA Galaxy throwing around millions? No they are signing aged players on free transfers.

Toronto is spending money, and its all in the attack.

Dude. I was agreeing with your point that TFC spends a lot but $40m is just a fraudulent description.
The only person who thinks Bradley is an attacking mid or a #10 is Klinsman and we all know how smart he is.
I am a SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR TFC and have been since 2007. I have watched every match they have ever played.
Lastly, the Italian number 10 is 27 years old and they signed him on a free. Brain Strauss pegged his base salary at $5.6m so pro-rated that's $2.8m for 2015. Altidore is $4.75m. That is NOT MILLIONS MORE THAN NYCFC AND LA and paying transfer fees only hurt you if you can't sell the player for more or equal amount.

Reactions: Kjbert
Dude. I was agreeing with your point that TFC spends a lot but $40m is just a fraudulent description.
The only person who thinks Bradley is an attacking mid or a #10 is Klinsman and we all know how smart he is.
I am a SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR TFC and have been since 2007. I have watched every match they have ever played.
Lastly, the Italian number 10 is 27 years old and they signed him on a free. Brain Strauss pegged his base salary at $5.6m so pro-rated that's $2.8m for 2015. Altidore is $4.75m. That is NOT MILLIONS MORE THAN NYCFC AND LA and paying transfer fees only hurt you if you can't sell the player for more or equal amount.
Klinsman is a very smart man.

TFC tried in vain to get Bradley to play up in the attack, of course he spent half the time running back like the energizer bunny to help the weak defense, which is why he frequently erupted in the locker room. Can't expect one man to do everything. I am sure bradley didn't shed any tears when Nelson was discarded.

I am very happy for you that you are a STH for Toronto (why are you here again?); but the fact is millions have been spent by Toronto. Millions that many other teams have not. Including NYCFC.

And you are very funny. Don't you have something more interesting to do then play Internet Big Man with the TFC STH?

Not really. I've really started enjoying myself here. I think I've hit my stride.