Breaking: Altidore To Toronto Fc

Toronto FC be like:
Toronto FC.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
One of my favorite american players would have been cool to see him in a nycfc jersey

BTW TFC just signs Juventus midfielder Giovinco

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...nco-mls-major-league-soccer-serie-a-juventus/

They got themselves a nice little squad (by which I mean 4 DPs)
By little I am guessing you are referring to Giovinco's size. He is like 5 foot 5 or something. ;)
Damn Toronto is gonna be good.
They will be top heavy. Still have a mediocre average MLS goalie with only one decent defender in front of him. Sure Bradley is in there to possibly play D-mid and they should have a lot possession but they still seem to be forgetting about defense... as usual. Depth and defense are the great Toronto killers. They have yet to figure this out, even under a great defender like Ryan Nelson.

Also, most pundits are saying 3 DPs are still the rule, which TFC has to be compliant with come March 1st. Clubs are lining up for Gilberto.

Top heavy or not, should be good enough to best most teams though right? I mean our defense for instance probably isn't much better, if at all, is it?

I disagree. While NYCFC's GK might be more less equal (again NYC has depth, TFC doesn't); but they have only one decent CB in Caldwell. John, Hernandez and even Wingert have been starters on winning teams. Players like Bloom & Marrow are inferior to Williams, Brovsky or Wingert. And again their back line is 1 injury away from failure. Imagine if Caldwell got hurt? Season would be over for them.

Plus NYC is still building a squad in its 1st year. Toronto has spent 10s of millions over 8 years and zero playoffs. They should know this by now.