Brek Shea Going To Orlando

But on the topic of Shea, its a decent get I think but Shea has't exactly been blowing me away in the Championship which is similar quality of play to MLS. I would assume he would be a DP and he certainly hasn't looked like someone prime to walk into MLS and dominate but we will see, he has a ton of ability.

Reactions: Kjbert
Here's the "tweet" of most significance...

@Ben_Jata OCSC passed NYCFC in the allocation ranking to grab Brek Shea. Kreis/Reyna not interested, sights set on someone else...

Wasn't that allocation ranking one of the 5647382567 things involved in that coin toss a while back?

Yeah it was part of the draft draft thing. We passed, therefore Shea goes to the next on the list, Orlando.

By the way - I am a fan of that signing. Not a lot of guys with that pace.

From what Ben Jata has posted, it looks like it is NOT a DP contract. Only way that could be true is if allocation money was used to buy down transfer fee, right?
Oh not a DP contract? Pretty good deal then, I would assume OCSC is giving him the max salary (380k) plus some allocation money on top of that, if he isn't taking a DP slot for OCSC then its a solid move for them.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I am under the impression that Orlando will not run the club like Seattle, LA or NYCFC. They seem to be working on a much lower pay scale.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
NYCFC passed on him
Ben Jata reporting he is NOT a DP for them (interesting)
"Others" reporting we are hot and heavy with Mix Diskerud. Don't see the formation with him unless Frank plays RM. Which might make sense.
I would assume something like:

----------------------Meara----------------------
--Wingert---John---Hernandez---Williams--
----------------------Jacobson--------------------
-------Lampard-------------------Grabavoy-----
--------------------Diskerud----------------------
-----------Mullins------------Villa----------------

Is Orlando City even planning on adding a 2nd DP?

Aidan Heath stated that they are not actively trying to sign one. If there is an opportunity that they come across that is "cheap" and it fits his team, they will look at it. But he said they definitely won't sign a 3rd and probably won't have a 2nd. Which is dissapointing for a new team.

This league needs all of the new franchises and the big market old ones (New England, Chicago, Houston) to use more of their slots before a rational argument can be made for a 4th DP.

Reactions: USAfan6
Aidan Heath stated that they are not actively trying to sign one. If there is an opportunity that they come across that is "cheap" and it fits his team, they will look at it. But he said they definitely won't sign a 3rd and probably won't have a 2nd. Which is dissapointing for a new team.

This league needs all of the new franchises and the big market old ones (New England, Chicago, Houston) to use more of their slots before a rational argument can be made for a 4th DP.
So are you not expecting a 4th DP slot to be added? Twellman is scary accurate it seems with his MLS reporting and he is saying the DP number will not stay at 3.

I think there will be a 4th DP, but I don't think the MLSPA really care for it. The league needs more players making closer to 100k than more players making 1 Million.

I didn't know Adrian "inchy" Heath was over there, he was a great player, good luck to him and Orlando (Except against NYCFC of Course).

Wish we would have signed Shea, especially if he's not on a DP contract. Yes, he's shown he's not EPL quality, but he has shown he can dominate MLS, if only because of his athleticism.

Wish we would have signed Shea, especially if he's not on a DP contract. Yes, he's shown he's not EPL quality, but he has shown he can dominate MLS, if only because of his athleticism.

I only agree if we don't have a USMNT on the radar. The USMNT allocation #1 spot is a big asset right now. It needs to be used. I would imagine it's used - but maybe we are thinking about it all wrong - maybe it is traded for a different asset (allocation money, draft spots, a young player).

Well we really only have 3 options to use it on in Bedoya, Diskerud, and Altidore. When is Bedoya's contract with Nantes over?

I would assume something like:

----------------------Meara----------------------
--Wingert---John---Hernandez---Williams--
----------------------Jacobson--------------------
-------Lampard-------------------Grabavoy-----
--------------------Diskerud----------------------
-----------Mullins------------Villa----------------
That could work. IF NYCFC gets Mix.

Reactions: Kjbert and USAfan6
Yea thats the big if in the situation. We can offer him a lot of money though, it will be interesting to see how his situation plays out. I know he has been rumored for a potential MLS move for a while.
Can NYCFC trade back in their DP#2 to MLS to use it on Mix's signing?

Reactions: Kjbert and USAfan6
Wouldnt it make more sense to have Frank play CAM and Mix RM since he can run more than Frank.