Bronx Ultras

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you probably know, there is power in numbers especially regarding recognition by NYCFC. Say we have 100 people. Wouldn't it be better if 100 people stuck together rather than creating 5 groups of 20? There is a lot more leverage we can command with bigger numbers. We are at the stage where we are just starting so it would make a lot of sense to grow together first before branching out.

I've even heard that some guys want to start a NYU supporters branch under The Third Rail. All these things are good, but we need to first come together before sectioning off too quickly.

That said, doesn't hurt to plan for the future and we definitely want to be a Supporters Group of fans from all boroughs. (I believe only 1 or 2 of 10+ founding members/board members of The Third Rail live in Manhattan). Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow to discuss.
Let these guys support in their own way. Third Rail wants to emulate the English Supporters Section. These guys don't want to. Unless TR becomes more accepting of different styles of support there will be an inevitable schism.

That's the problem. I don't know what tr has in mind. I grew up around serie a. Watching Napoli supporters fedayn, Bronx, vecchi lions etc. these guys put on shows and at the same time don't take crap from anyone. Especially the Napoli organization. That's what being a hardcore supporter is.

Let these guys support in their own way. Third Rail wants to emulate the English Supporters Section. These guys don't want to. Unless TR becomes more accepting of different styles of support there will be an inevitable schism.

einwindir einwindir
It's not a matter of letting or not letting. How am I to determine with the Bronx Ultras want to do. They can do as they please. I was answering his question as to why there is not a Bronx Chapter. As you said, this is a forum for discussion. If Pattyboybx Pattyboybx feels that he is being berated for his own views, I am sure he can stick up for himself without you having to step in....

einwindir einwindir
It's not a matter of letting or not letting. How am I to determine with the Bronx Ultras want to do. They can do as they please. I was answering his question as to why there is not a Bronx Chapter. As you said, this is a forum for discussion. If Pattyboybx Pattyboybx feels that he is being berated for his own views, I am sure he can stick up for himself without you having to step in....
I don't feel like I'm being berated or singled out at all. This is a good conversation. This is why I'm going to the meeting tomorrow.
Btw I think tr's numbers are a lot bigger than 100. I do like the chapter idea. The way I see it is this. I may not be able to go to staten isl or bk to meet up or do whatever it is we need to do. So smaller groups that are localized is more logical. Especially when it comes to chants and whatever else. Game time we all come together. Forgive my typing. I'm driving.

Samuel Youn Samuel Youn I'm not sticking up for anyone. I'm letting people know that these forums exist for all supporters regardless of affiliation. He posted in the appropriate section. If he wants to start a group he has our support. That goes for all Supporter Group startups.

Samuel Youn Samuel Youn I'm not sticking up for anyone. I'm letting people know that these forums exist for all supporters regardless of affiliation. He posted in the appropriate section. If he wants to start a group he has our support. That goes for all Supporter Group startups.

einwindir einwindir
My post was in response to when you wrote:

"Let these guys support in their own way."

I was also implying that it seems for whatever reason that you feel that The Third Rail is somehow trying to squash any other supporter groups that come about which is sincerely not the case. Sorry if that implication was not made clear enough.

Regardless, I get what you are saying and I am glad the forum supports everyone.

Reactions: Section1Guy
einwindir einwindir
My post was in response to when you wrote:

"Let these guys support in their own way."

I was also implying that it seems for whatever reason that you feel that The Third Rail is somehow trying to squash any other supporter groups that come about which is sincerely not the case. Sorry if that implication was not made clear enough.

Regardless, I get what you are saying and I am glad the forum supports everyone.
The reason it appears that TR is trying to squash SG's is because of how TR responded to NYCFC Social. I'm not going to bother getting into the details but it was a less than pleasurable experience.

I'm getting tired of the Third Rail circlejerk but I'll say it again for the record. For me personally, I am a TR supporter. I have been from the start. I agree with the mission. I think most of the guys are good people. I want TR to be the best in the league and I'll do whatever I can to help it become the greatest.

But, as an administrator here, I have an obligation to ensure a place for all our users to voice what's on their mind. Whether I agree or disagree with their project is irrelevant. The fact remains, this is a place for all supporters. This section, Supporters Faction, was designed with the idea in mind that small groups will want a place to discuss their ideas.

I'm not sticking up for OP. I'm reminding people that regardless of what the Third Rail Board Members say, this place exists to develop our Supporters Culture. Whether it's part of the larger THIRD RAIL or a small group of Ultras from the Bronx.

The reason it appears that TR is trying to squash SG's is because of how TR responded to NYCFC Social. I'm not going to bother getting into the details but it was a less than pleasurable experience.

I'm getting tired of the Third Rail circlejerk but I'll say it again for the record. For me personally, I am a TR supporter. I have been from the start. I agree with the mission. I think most of the guys are good people. I want TR to be the best in the league and I'll do whatever I can to help it become the greatest.

But, as an administrator here, I have an obligation to ensure a place for all our users to voice what's on their mind. Whether I agree or disagree with their project is irrelevant. The fact remains, this is a place for all supporters. This section, Supporters Faction, was designed with the idea in mind that small groups will want a place to discuss their ideas.

I'm not sticking up for OP. I'm reminding people that regardless of what the Third Rail Board Members say, this place exists to develop our Supporters Culture. Whether it's part of the larger THIRD RAIL or a small group of Ultras from the Bronx.

For what it is worth, I am sorry you had a bad experience with the TR and NYCFC Social. I can't comment on other people other than myself but I understand your frustration. Especially with conversations online, it's easy for people to be direct without taking everything into consideration. My intentions with the Bronx Ultras are nothing more than to find out how we can work together as separate entities. If we fuse into one group, I'd be fine with that too.

I appreciate the work you are doing as an admin as well - keeping the forum moving and welcoming.

Not sure what can be done to diffuse this tension. But I will do my best personally to be mindful of it. I should also say, everything that Board Members say on this forum are not representative of The Third Rail. We all partake on this forum as individuals just like everyone else. Only things that come from The Third Rail officially should be considered fact. I know we aren't at the place to where we are releasing statements yet but after the World Cup we'll be having formal meetings with all members to discuss issues.

For what it is worth, I am sorry you had a bad experience with the TR and NYCFC Social. I can't comment on other people other than myself but I understand your frustration. Especially with conversations online, it's easy for people to be direct without taking everything into consideration. My intentions with the Bronx Ultras are nothing more than to find out how we can work together as separate entities. If we fuse into one group, I'd be fine with that too.

I appreciate the work you are doing as an admin as well - keeping the forum moving and welcoming.

Not sure what can be done to diffuse this tension. But I will do my best personally to be mindful of it. I should also say, everything that Board Members say on this forum are not representative of The Third Rail. We all partake on this forum as individuals just like everyone else. Only things that come from The Third Rail officially should be considered fact. I know we aren't at the place to where we are releasing statements yet but after the World Cup we'll be having formal meetings with all members to discuss issues.
I'm interested in knowing what was said

Reactions: Victors87
What would you like to know ?
What's the story? How many are you? Where are you sitting? Are you actively recruiting membership? Are you part of an alliance? pretty much anything..We (at the Forums) encourage anyone and everyone to organize and represent our team in their own way. Would love to hear more about what you're doing.

We know what the Third Rail is. 1200+ members with apparel with a good relationship with the club.

This is what we know about Bronx Ultras...

You're in it. That's it. That's literally all anyone knows. Oh... and you really want 100 people in the group, but it still looks like 1.

I don't think Third Rail is trying to squash anyone, but every Tom, Dick, and Harry making up a name of something doesn't mean they're a supporters group.

We know what the Third Rail is. 1200+ members with apparel with a good relationship with the club.

This is what we know about Bronx Ultras...

You're in it. That's it. That's literally all anyone knows. Oh... and you really want 100 people in the group, but it still looks like 1.

I don't think Third Rail is trying to squash anyone, but every Tom, Dick, and Harry making up a name of something doesn't mean they're a supporters group.
No,we're not one at all. Definiltly not 1200. We started out as a social club I guess. It was a name we gave ourselves years ago as we followed certain games and all. But as far as your 1200 members I personally support and have supported financially.
Here's the thing. How can you really support something that isn't established yet? You can like you and tr are doing. It's all superficial till the opening day. As far as bxu it may actually change. I spoke with a few people that had this idea and that idea so yes we should all stick together unless you're tr with this great history??? No history guys. It hasn't started yet. Feel boy ?

No,we're not one at all. Definiltly not 1200. We started out as a social club I guess. It was a name we gave ourselves years ago as we followed certain games and all. But as far as your 1200 members I personally support and have supported financially.
Here's the thing. How can you really support something that isn't established yet? You can like you and tr are doing. It's all superficial till the opening day. As far as bxu it may actually change. I spoke with a few people that had this idea and that idea so yes we should all stick together unless you're tr with this great history??? No history guys. It hasn't started yet. Feel boy ?

Excuse me if I don't realize a thing : is the Bronx Ultras a separate group from the TR ? If so, how many members has your group ? Thank for the reply.

Excuse me if I don't realize a thing : is the Bronx Ultras a separate group from the TR ? If so, how many members has your group ? Thank for the reply.
Hey man. Right now it's in the twenties. To be honest we're all friends that are going to hang together. We'll eventual build but that will happen once the season starts. I can't see how anyone can build a group solely on social media. Yea it helps get your name out but how do you know anything about your members. I'm waiting for the season and to see who is in our section. But things are changing so I can't promise anything. Besides I spent a month in the hospital and some other incidents that put a damper on me and some of the boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: einwindir
Hey man. Right now it's in the twenties. To be honest we're all friends that are going to hang together. We'll eventual build but that will happen once the season starts. I can't see how anyone can build a group solely on social media. Yea it helps get your name out but how do you know anything about your members. I'm waiting for the season and to see who is in our section. But things are changing so I can't promise anything. Besides I spent a month in the hospital and some other incidents that put a damper on me and some of the boys.
Do you have a twitter account?

Status
Not open for further replies.