Bundesliga

EDsta

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 1, 2014
Queens Village
Well not sure if I have any other Bundesliga supporters with me but I myself am a Bayern fan. Any other Bundesliga fans out there want to talk updates or have debates?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 196
I follow the Bundesliga, and already I do not like you. Bayern!?!?!?!

Lived in Augsburg for a while so that is y team of choice, although I should follow 1860.

Bayern? They are a horrid side, and could not stop laughing at their defeat v RM.
Yes it was a terrible performance in both legs, they just completely dropped off after clinching the bundesliga. But a horrid side? Lol. I guess they're the team to hate in Germany if you're not from there. Kinda like the Yankees in this country.

Not a bundesliga fan, but I'd love to get your impressions of the league. How strong do you think it is?
Well with Bayern Munich dominating it nearly each year I can understand why people get bored of it. But there is a lot of potential in the league. Borussia Dortmund is a competitor. Fox sports just picked them up starting in the 2016 season.

There's a lot of young European talent in the league and some Americans are even playing there. This was the first year in some time that four bundesliga teams made it to the round of 16 in the champions league.

It's disappointing that the Bundesliga has failed to grow in popularity here in America along with the EPL. Obviously they really only have one club that has any marketability, but with such a strong economy (especially compared to Spain and Italy's dreadful economies) one would expect them to be able to compete. Maybe they need a couple of oil tycoons to take over a couple of clubs and spend crazy money so the league becomes a legit competition instead of being the Harlem GlobeTrotters league.
I spent 3 weeks in Cologne (and travelled to most of the rest of the country for matches) during the 2006 World Cup and would love to find a reason to go back someday!

Germany is the true anti-tycoon league system. They have a rule over there - no club in the top three divisions is allowed to sell shares such that more than 49% is owned by a single owner. The vast majority of German clubs are owned by their members, who have no intention of even selling a 49% share. In practice, this means that there's simply no value/benefit in tycoons coming in, buying a share and funding them. In practice, this also means that, rather like Spain and Italy, below the top 10 sides in the Bundlesliga most teams are two-bit outfits, and games against them are dead-rubber 3 point bankers.

Germany is the true anti-tycoon league system. They have a rule over there - no club in the top three divisions is allowed to sell shares such that more than 49% is owned by a single owner. The vast majority of German clubs are owned by their members, who have no intention of even selling a 49% share. In practice, this means that there's simply no value/benefit in tycoons coming in, buying a share and funding them. In practice, this also means that, rather like Spain and Italy, below the top 10 sides in the Bundlesliga most teams are two-bit outfits, and games against them are dead-rubber 3 point bankers.

Financially sound but ultimately rather self-centred as a league perhaps.. In other words, there´s few teams that anyone outside Germany have a good reason to watch.

It's disappointing that the Bundesliga has failed to grow in popularity here in America along with the EPL. Obviously they really only have one club that has any marketability, but with such a strong economy (especially compared to Spain and Italy's dreadful economies) one would expect them to be able to compete. Maybe they need a couple of oil tycoons to take over a couple of clubs and spend crazy money so the league becomes a legit competition instead of being the Harlem GlobeTrotters league.
I spent 3 weeks in Cologne (and travelled to most of the rest of the country for matches) during the 2006 World Cup and would love to find a reason to go back someday!
Well now that Fox Sports is picking up Bundesliga instead of it being on gol tv and Bayern is finally spreading it's marketing to other countries the bundesliga may finally grow in popularity here.

Will it ever be as popular as EPL or La Liga definitely not but I think more people will slowly grow attracted to it.

There IS areas of the world where the Bundesliga is big though.. Balkans/Turkey for instance was just another Bundesliga game after another on telly :confused:

Well with Bayern Munich dominating it nearly each year I can understand why people get bored of it. But there is a lot of potential in the league. Borussia Dortmund is a competitor. Fox sports just picked them up starting in the 2016 season.

There's a lot of young European talent in the league and some Americans are even playing there. This was the first year in some time that four bundesliga teams made it to the round of 16 in the champions league.

There is no potential. At all. Bayern at the end of every season sweep through other clubs and decide which players to cherry-pick. No one is near them financially in Germany. No one.

Dortmund may have done an Atletico the other season, but it was the exception to the rule. It is slowly becoming like the Scottish league. No competition means complacency, and complacency means when up against real tough opposition they falter. In terms of arrogance they are the equivalent of Manchester United (albeit not these days): they are German Rags.

There is no potential. At all. Bayern at the end of every season sweep through other clubs and decide which players to cherry-pick. No one is near them financially in Germany. No one.

Dortmund may have done an Atletico the other season, but it was the exception to the rule. It is slowly becoming like the Scottish league. No competition means complacency, and complacency means when up against real tough opposition they falter. In terms of arrogance they are the equivalent of Manchester United (albeit not these days): they are German Rags.
Well don't forget Dortmund actually took the Bundesliga title two years in a row recently as well as the German cup. They battled with injuries all season long this year.

Bayer Leverkusen is also a solid squad and always give Bayern trouble. Wolfsburg surprisingly had a strong season, and if Schalke 04 can keep Draxler and Huntelaar and build around them better then their team is also a problem.

As for the Scottish league they should just hand Celtic the title every year lol.

Supposedly Celtic is trying hard to join EPL for more competition.

Bluewolf.. You think that many understand what you are talking about if you speak of rags, chavs, mackems, dippers, mags etc etc..?

As for the Scottish league they should just hand Celtic the title every year lol.

Supposedly Celtic is trying hard to join EPL for more competition.
I don't know if that will happen, but damn I hope so. Celtic is another huge brand which is fading due to the weak ass league they play in. If they were accepted into the EPL it would be excellent. Not sure how it would work, would they have to come up the ranks of the FA, or will they get some special exemption into the EPL and play a 21 team season with and extra relegation spot?

I don't know if that will happen, but damn I hope so. Celtic is another huge brand which is fading due to the weak ass league they play in. If they were accepted into the EPL it would be excellent. Not sure how it would work, would they have to come up the ranks of the FA, or will they get some special exemption into the EPL and play a 21 team season with and extra relegation spot?

There have always been a campaign by the Old Firm clubs to join.. But I doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future, if one day there´s a closed shop league in the U.K perhaps

It will never happen. The English league system simply doesn't want them.

Incidentally, they would have to come through the league system. There's some debate in England about whether they would be allowed to start in League One or perhaps even the Championship, or whether they would even be forced to start as low as the Conference. But it would never happen. And when Scotland becomes independent later this year, there will be even less point in it ever happening.

Personally I think it would be the breaking of Celtic, anyway. Sure, they'd get a load more money and exposure, but they'd join a league where at least 6 and maybe as many as 10 or 12 teams are better than them. What, with FFPR around, they'd end up settling into mid-table mediocrity and would become a new Newcastle or Stoke.

It will never happen. The English league system simply doesn't want them.

Incidentally, they would have to come through the league system. There's some debate in England about whether they would be allowed to start in League One or perhaps even the Championship, or whether they would even be forced to start as low as the Conference. But it would never happen. And when Scotland becomes independent later this year, there will be even less point in it ever happening.

Personally I think it would be the breaking of Celtic, anyway. Sure, they'd get a load more money and exposure, but they'd join a league where at least 6 and maybe as many as 10 or 12 teams are better than them. What, with FFPR around, they'd end up settling into mid-table mediocrity and would become a new Newcastle or Stoke.

Becoming a new Stoke.. That´s a terrible thing to say about anything :eek: