Captain's Armband Vote

Which one?

Votes: 42 60.0%

Votes: 16 22.9%

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
I love 1 except for the fact that the NYC flag has the colors in horizontal bars not vertical ones.

This vote is also similar to the Cityzens scarf vote where two of them were very similar. Here the non Orange one is the one that stands out as different.

Reactions: Paul
I love 1 except for the fact that the NYC flag has the colors in horizontal bars not vertical ones.

Hence the fact that it isn't the NYC flag. Design is pretty important when it comes to flags. The idea was good but the execution was poor.

Reactions: Steven
They really should do this poll earlier. Because last year it took a while before Villa actually wore the armband that the fans chose.

Reactions: ChiefBlue
Forgive me for going ham on a captains armband, but:

Options #2 and #3 are both awesome options from a design standpoint, however, I've noticed captain's armbands should be something that stands out from the jersey. Since our jerseys are going to be sky blue and navy/light blue earthquake ripples, #2 and #3 aren't going to stand out. In my mind, they're going to end up looking like Villa has some weird under shirt coming from one of his sleeves. Also, they tend to get twisted and roll during a game, so the fancy designs are for naught on the pitch. That's why I think #1 is the best option. The orange makes it pop/ stand out, and the resemblance to the NY flag is a nice touch.

Obviously, I put way too much thought into this. 'Tis a slower morning at work....

Reactions: The Toe and Vallos
Number three is too similar to last year's design IMO. Number two is just the monogram. I know it's technically got a big C in it, but it's not exactly distinct. I'm something of a traditionalist so I have to default to the armband that actually has the word "captain" on it, and that's number one.

Reactions: CCMore
Only 1 and 3 are truly Captains armbands. There is nothing about 2 that speaks of capital. 1 is obviously a Captain's armband and at least 3 have "C" in a different color.

I don't like the choice of the Cityzens Scarf. I hope our season ticket holders don't mess this up for me either.

I voted for 2, best design imho.

And enough already with the subway motif. We get it, we have a subway. NYC is more than just a subway, and newsflash: the NYC subway is fucking shitty!

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
All three designs are excellent. The team should use them all, rotating amongst them.

And our subway is marvellous. It is reliable, fast, and convenient. Thanks to our subway, a New Yorker does not need a car; indeed, the majority of us don't have one. (I have never owned one.) That alone makes our city superior to every other place in the country; so it is reasonable to emphasise subway-themed designs when looking for something distinctively New York.