Charity Opportunity - Buying Tickets For The Troops!

NYC_JC

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 18, 2015
Hello!

My name is Jeff Cracolici and I am a Season Ticket Holder and a Third Rail Member of the Hudson Valley Chapter.

Last week, the front office sent out an email regarding a promotion where you can donate tickets to the troops. A bunch of us decided to come together and pool together some funds to purchase AT LEAST 20 tickets to be donated.

With 12 days left in the effort, as of this writing we have met 55% of our goal.

I would love to get the NYCFC forums involved in this effort as well. The link below will go in depth on everything (including transparency). If you happen to donate, please let me know your supporter group, chapter or forum affiliation. If can not donate, please share this where ever you can.

Thank you, everyone!

LINK: http://www.gofundme.com/nycfc-tickets

Reactions: FootyLovin
Thanks for setting this up. I saw the email and wanted to help but $700 was a bit steep.

Same thought that I had which is why organizing this with everyone is a no-brainer. Thank you for your donation by the way. I'm very happy that I get to add the NYCFC Forums to the list!

So far we have donations from:
  • The Blue Ladies
  • NYCFC Forums
  • Third Rail (General)
  • TR Bronx
  • TR Hudson Valley
  • TR New Jersey
  • TR Queens

Do you know anything about the drive? Is it for active duty Military? active and inactive? or active, inactive and retired? Do the recipients receive free tickets; how many? or tickets at a discounted rate? Any idea what section/seats the tickets are?

Do you know anything about the drive? Is it for active duty Military? active and inactive? or active, inactive and retired? Do the recipients receive free tickets; how many? or tickets at a discounted rate? Any idea what section/seats the tickets are?

Do you know anything about the drive? Is it for active duty Military? active and inactive? or active, inactive and retired? Do the recipients receive free tickets; how many? or tickets at a discounted rate?
The front office is giving all donated tickets to the Veteran Tickets Foundation (http://www.vettix.org/). Per their website:

"Veteran Tickets Foundation (Vet Tix) provides FREE event tickets to family members of troops Killed In Action (K.I.A.), our Military and Veterans to sporting events, concerts, performing arts and family activities.

Attending these events reduces stress through entertainment, strengthens family bonds, builds life long memories and encourages service members to stay engaged with American life and local communities.

Giving free event tickets is an expression of appreciation, acknowledgement and an enduring symbol that we, as a nation, honor the service of our troops today and long after their tour of duty has passed. Helping our veterans attend events provides positive family and life experiences after their years of service to our country."

Any idea what section/seats the tickets are?
Per the email, all donated tickets are 'Category 4' tickets. Mostly 200 level. See the chart below. Anything in yellow is consider by the club as a 'Category 4' ticket.

StadiumMap-noprice.png

Hope this helps!

Also worth noting: The front office is matching our ticket donation. But first, we need to collect enough to buy at least 20 tickets!

Tickets will be donated to VetTix.org, which is for active, inactive and retired military personnel. They receive the tickets essentially free. They don't pay for the tickets but they do pay a processing fee that is never more than $14.97. These tickets will be a hot item so they will surely be offered in a lottery at first. Members earn coins for attending events, promoting the site, etc. They then use those coins to enter lotteries for big events like this. If there are tickets left after the lottery period, then those tickets can be purchased on a first come first served basis. The max tickets that can be "bought" at one time are usually 4. The $14.97 fee does not change with quantity. It's just a processing fee for ALL tickets reserved.

I don't know where the seats will be but they will probably be in back rows in the 100s somewhere.

Reactions: einwindir
Per the email, all donated tickets are 'Category 4' tickets. Mostly 200 level. See the chart below. Anything in yellow is consider by the club as a 'Category 4' ticket.

My hypothesis is tickets will be in 131/132 or 107-109.

Hello!

My name is Jeff Cracolici and I am a Season Ticket Holder and a Third Rail Member of the Hudson Valley Chapter.

Last week, the front office sent out an email regarding a promotion where you can donate tickets to the troops. A bunch of us decided to come together and pool together some funds to purchase AT LEAST 20 tickets to be donated.
Thank you, everyone!

LINK: http://www.gofundme.com/nycfc-tickets

Hi Jeff want to donate but have a question - are any of these tickets will be donated to a wounded warrior?

Hi Jeff want to donate but have a question - are any of these tickets will be donated to a wounded warrior?

Hello! All tickets are going to be ultimately handed over to the Veteran Tickets Foundations (http://www.vettix.org/). Here is a bit off of their website:

"Veteran Tickets Foundation (Vet Tix) provides FREE event tickets to family members of troops Killed In Action (K.I.A.), our Military and Veterans to sporting events, concerts, performing arts and family activities."

So, while it is highly possible an injured solider could be a beneficiary of these tickets, I can not say for certain.

Thank you for your consideration!

Also worth noting: The front office is matching our ticket donation. But first, we need to collect enough to buy at least 20 tickets!
Thanks for post. Is there a way to donate tickets? I'm all booked for DC but could set aside tickets for other games.

Thanks for post. Is there a way to donate tickets? I'm all booked for DC but could set aside tickets for other games.

You can always donate your tickets through the account manager anytime, but you never really go where they go. It could be a school, charity or whichever organization the front office or Ticketmaster.com is partnering with for that game.

Sorry, if you are asking if you can donate tickets for this promotion instead of money you unfortunately can not.

Thank you to those who donated because of this post yesterday! I believe we got about $80 from those who specifically cited their affiliation to this forum.

As an update, we are about 80% to our goal!

I went ahead an added two new donations levels: The Mara-Villa ($7) and The Jeb ($5). Any amount helps!

If you have any questions, please see the posts above or go to the GoFundMe page (link in the OP).

Reactions: mgarbowski
(Sorry to the people reading this for a second or third time. Want to spread the news everywhere that I am posting updates.)

I have some extremely exciting news for everyone!

On behalf of all members of the Third Rail, the board has helped us meet our GoFundMe goal of $775! Additionally, the board will be using a portion of our membership fees to MATCH our original goal of 20 tickets!

So, with the match coming from the board AND the match coming from the front office, NYC FC supporter groups are directly responsible for at least 80 tickets that will all be given to the troops and their families.

This is an amazing accomplishment for all of us!

If you wish to still contribute individually, the campaign still has another 10 days left as of this writing. The more we raise, the more deserving military families will have the chance to see our "boys in blue" play!