Chivas Usa For Sale, Only $60 Million!

That was an interesting Sports Illustrated article on Chivas. If the new owners need more time, perhaps they can sit out the first half of the season and start play when the second half begins. Why not? I know of a certain fan base who believes something like that is perfectly legit.
e1062.gif

Hiatus for Chivas/LA2 with Orlando and NYC coming in as teams 19 & 20. I can live with that. Makes things tidy at 10 clubs per conference and gives LA2 more time to recover from being Chivas.

So, does NYC or Orlando get Kennedy and first crack at Torres? ;)

Reactions: Vito
Kennedy maybe but Torres would surprise me. I have a feeling OG Chivas will call him back especially now that he's getting NT looks.

Man, you take both Sporting and Houston from the East and the conference looks a whole lot different. Losing KC means there's another playoff spot available, giving NYCFC a better shot of making the playoffs in year 1.

If I was going to rank top 5 in the east next year (with the theory of Houston & KC moving west):

1. DC
2. New England
3. NYRB
4. Columbus
5. Philly
6. Toronto
7. Chicago
8. Montreal

I can totally see Orlando & NYCFC making a run at the 4 & 5 spot.

You have Toronto way too high. They're a dumpster fire right now and everyone is trying to find a way out. I think they're easily the worst team in the East next year barring a dramatic turnaround from now. Montreal may be too low; they've looked pretty good the last few weeks with their new DP.

I'll also point out that if NYRB lose Cahill and Henry they could drop too depending on who they can find to replace them. But in that group, if NYCFC can gel quickly there's no reason to think that it's impossible to see NYCFC in the playoffs next year. Very tough, but not impossible.

Well I just took their current rankings for the list but I think they're about right.

I don't think outside of Defoe TFC is that bad. They just have no depth. I think RB will plug the holes that Henry and maybe Cahill will create.

I also have no delusions of expansion teams.

I don't think outside of Defoe TFC is that bad. They just have no depth.

They're probably going to lose more than Defoe come January though. Basically they turned down offers on anyone that was worth anything during this window, then turned around and imploded. Those players aren't going to want to sit around in that mess when they know they have interest from elsewhere and forcing them to stay won't do much for morale or results.

They're probably going to lose more than Defoe come January though. Basically they turned down offers on anyone that was worth anything during this window, then turned around and imploded. Those players aren't going to want to sit around in that mess when they know they have interest from elsewhere and forcing them to stay won't do much for morale or results.

Bradley is the interesting one in that mix. He came to TFC 1) for playing time before the World cup and 2) for a lot of money. #1 is gone; I wonder if he cares enough about money to sit through another rebuilding process or whether he'll accept a pay cut to go elsewhere.

Of course, he could also get shuffled to another MLS team.

I like the idea of sitting them out a year.

Get us back to a even # of teams. LA2 in '16 (#21), Atlanta in '17 (#22), and hopefully Miami and Vegas/Sacremento/San Antonio/Minnesota can join together as #23 and 24 in 2018 so we can have a lot of years with an even # of teams.

Looks like the League is going to announce the new ownership soon. And from what I just saw on Fox Sports, it looks like the the 4 man partnership is going to have some heavy hitters on board.

Vincent Tan (owner of Cardiff City) & Peter Guber (LA Dodgers) are two of the alleged partners.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Great news. Plenty of money and local connections to get a stadium deal done!

Reactions: Paul