CITC - City in the Community

Vital need in NYC is more open space for kids. Societal issue that this helps.

We should all be very proud of the organization tiday
spot on! Stadium and ulterior motives aside, I'm very pleased, as a NYC resident, to see my club get involved in bettering the lives and health of the city's younger residents, particularly the underserved.

spot on! Stadium and ulterior motives aside, I'm very pleased, as a NYC resident, to see my club get involved in bettering the lives and health of the city's younger residents, particularly the underserved.
Seriously!

I really hope this concrete "park" by the Manhattan Bridge is turned into field(s). At one point in time, basketball courts *may* have been there because there are remnants of lines, but now it's just a large, barren concrete plinth that nobody uses. At least 1, if not 2 futsal type fields could go there - playing super-6 type games would be perfect!

upload_2016-7-12_14-32-38.png

Seriously!

I really hope this concrete "park" by the Manhattan Bridge is turned into field(s). At one point in time, basketball courts *may* have been there because there are remnants of lines, but now it's just a large, barren concrete plinth that nobody uses. At least 1, if not 2 futsal type fields could go there - playing super-6 type games would be perfect!

View attachment 5292
I cannot figure out what those lines were for, but there is a batting cage in the top right corner, mostly hidden by trees here. It's a concrete baseball/softball "field." Whether anyone uses it for that I couldn't say. We have one in a park in my neighborhood that actually has league play, but it is also well marked with bases, etc.

I cannot figure out what those lines were for, but there is a batting cage in the top right corner, mostly hidden by trees here. It's a concrete baseball/softball "field." Whether anyone uses it for that I couldn't say. We have one in a park in my neighborhood that actually has league play, but it is also well marked with bases, etc.
Maybe football hash marks at one time??? Can't see many people even wanting to play football or baseball on a concrete surface though, so that must've been the purpose the City chose for the space.

Reactions: mgarbowski
This field is one block from my house. It had a batting cage and lines/bases painted on the concrete for a softball field. Zogsports has also used it as a kickball field.

The field doesn't look like that anymore though, they recently kicked this off:

post-dumbo-dumbo-fitness-loop3.jpg

http://dumbo.is/dumbo-fitness-loop/

Whenever we announce a stadium project it will be attacked politically.. We need to grow an identity as a club that is New York first and foremost when it comes to say social issues, sports, health whatever.

I mean.. There is a reason no one is accusing The Salvation Army for being a malicious uniformed militia taking over our streets

Maybe football hash marks at one time??? Can't see many people even wanting to play football or baseball on a concrete surface though, so that must've been the purpose the City chose for the space.

I think football, yes. You can see the outline of the Lombardi trophy at midfield.

Reactions: Kjbert
Im so proud of NYCFC for doing this.

Be even more proud that it is more than just renovating (and branding) play spaces and then walking off into the sunset. Each field with come with after school programs and training. I'm going to ask the FO to give me a full list of their plans so I can have as much detail as possible. The real people of the community want to know what the flash is about and I need to be able to tell them.

Be even more proud that it is more than just renovating (and branding) play spaces and then walking off into the sunset. Each field with come with after school programs and training. I'm going to ask the FO to give me a full list of their plans so I can have as much detail as possible. The real people of the community want to know what the flash is about and I need to be able to tell them.
Is there a list of locations yet?

Reactions: Kjbert
Great news here! The club may not always treat its supporters the best, but they do great things in and for the community.

Great news here! The club may not always treat its supporters the best, but they do great things in and for the community.

There was a really nice piece on YES's pregame on this, too. They are outstanding in the community. They do all the right things, and it's great to see. One of the more active teams in the community in NYC.