Credit To Dan, Midas And Falastur On That Olive Branch

Ugh. I gave up early on that argument because I simply didn't have the energy to keep up the argument. I figured it would just fizzle out as it always does and I'd go back a week later to see barely three more posts. Wasn't expecting ten whole pages.

Fair play to Midas and Dan for keeping on going, though. Some good points well-made in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I got one paragraph of one message edited out entirely (rightfully, I would begrudgingly grant them) because it was personably abusive to one grand solo. Otherwise and notwithstanding said mod edit, I was appreciative of them letting me post.
Well that and the digs about celebrating a great World Cup win were subtle but pointed.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I thought we all agreed that colonialism is bad? Or is it only ok in expansion football teams?

Sorry i couldn't get past that integration comment.

Reactions: TommyM
Hey, I didn't bring it here. I just wanted to show up and speak for myself since Dan and Falastur were taking abuse, some (at least) of what was targeted to me. I figured I'd take my lumps.

It's a different culture, and they are even a sub-culture of that, just like we are a sub-culture of NYC supporters. Most people probably aren't as dedicated/unhealthily obsessed as we forum members are. Same for them.

No reason for anyone else to go over there, especially to cause trouble. I definitely hope no one takes this thread or my posting there as encouragement to do so. I don't suspect I'll post much more, if any, there. I just wanted to share my version of the truth about our forum and my opinions and myself since I got brought up by a few as hating Man City. I don't begrudge folks supporting their club, and I definitely don't hate them or their club. Best of luck to them.

We have a cultural divide. Some folks on either side will bridge it, most will not as it requires the patience of Job and a dedicated effort to understand us if you come from their context. It really shouldn't be so contentious. Of course, whomever is ultimately to blame for the Lampard drama also is ultimately responsible for shattering any fragile hope for a quick mutual appreciation. We don't really know who specifically that person was aside from Lampard and the contextually nebulous term "CFG", but we have our take on it and they have theirs. Both are justifiable depending on the paradigm through which you view the whole thing.

The only thing for sure is that it was a shit situation. I'm over it, but I'll still boo FF the first time he takes the pitch, if for no other reason than I havent had a chance to publicly direct my frustrations any other way. Beyond that, I'll put a positive spin on it and say that I think we may have gotten a valuable chip to cash in the future.

I wasn't blaming you for jumping into the shark tank, more myself for getting sucked back in thinking anything has changed over there.

I respect that people on here have tried to build bridges with City fans, but there's always going to be an element that doesn't want to be reasonable and for me, it's not worth even worrying about. We don't need the good opinion of their fans, and we particularly don't need the good opinion of the trolls and idiots who dominate the NYCFC discussion on Bluemoon. If they want to complain about NYCFC let them. We don't owe City fans any gratitude or any explanation for the positions our fanbase takes.

I just read through some of the posts on the NYCFC megathread on Blue Moon. About 10 pages worth of posts.

I was absolutely disgusted with the treatment that Dan and Midas recieved for being NYCFC forum members as well as blue moon members.

I cannot believe that they trashed this fuckig awesome forum!

I also have come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to have an intelligent conversation with a top 5 English club's fan for no other reason than I haven't been a lifelong fan the BPL. (Assuming that they're all like the idiots on blue moon) They really had beef with Midas for supporting NYCFC and Liverpool at the same time. Gosh, they'd have a field day with me over the teams I support! Lol

What the heck is "Blue Moon" supposed to mean? Does Manchester have some connection to the Moon that I'm not aware of?

Lastly, thank you to the brave members of the NYCFC Fan Forums for putting your semi-anonymous online reputations at stake in order to defend myself and fellow NYCFC fans!
Fellow LFC and NYCFC fan here too!!! F*#k them!!!! As Dan noted in his post, they need to get over the fact that many (most?) NYCFC fans do not follow MCFC for a variety of reasons....... Different cutures/customs...... And the Euros call US the ugly Americans..... LMFAO

Reactions: TommyM
Fellow LFC and NYCFC fan here too!!! F*#k them!!!! As Dan noted in his post, they need to get over the fact that many (most?) NYCFC fans do not follow MCFC for a variety of reasons....... Different cutures/customs...... And the Euros call US the ugly Americans..... LMFAO
I think anything that is on the Internet has to be taken with whole shakers of salt. Many people will start stuff because they can, simply because their are no true reprocussions. Ultimately they are humans like NYcFC fans and they have good people and bad people. You would hope the majority Of the fanbase is cool, or more likely non-committal about this sort of thing. Same goes for us. One thing I've learned is no one country has a monopoly on stupid people.

I saw that going down a couple days ago when I went to check their Dzeko thread since he's linked with Roma. Idiots like them are why there is so much animosity. The worst part is a lot of them doing the bashing look like your typical snobbish Americans that feel above MLS.

But props to the people in there that were sensible. Even some of the Blue Moon guys were calling out their stupidity.

Last edited:
I'm not an LFC fan. *awkward silence and cricket chirps*

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Read through the forum as well. Always interesting to see opinions for another side. I guess I should have expected it but the concept of us owing them was pretty crazy from some of the posters. The arrogance of a team that was on the fringes of relevancy as of just a few years ago before they got their CFG money influx was a bit astounding. I think the concept they seem to be missing is that MLS has been intent on putting another team in NYC for a while. I'm thankful that CFG ended up being the owner based on the moves I have seen so far but its not like without them we wouldn't has had a team at some point. Anyways, thanks for posting and for sticking up for us.
to be fair, MCFC have always had a strong following and have a rich history, having won trophies years before many of the other big English clubs. Back when they were in a lower league they still averaged more fans than some PL clubs do now. I think it's a bit unfair to say they were on the fringes of relevancy before the money came in,

Erm.....maybe thats down to your picture, if it is you......;)

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Personally, I couldn't care less about some of the classless fans on that board. After the way some of them talked about Melbourne City, and showed complete disregard for that clubs history, I say "fvk those pricks". And I truly mean it. Yeah Im sure that doesnt help Bluemoon and NYCFCforums relations, but it is what it is.

I was truly bothered by how dismissive some of them were when Melbourne City fans were upset about their badge and kit colors being changed. For as passionate as Man City fans can be about their club, it boggled my mind when they simply felt Melbourne fans should get over it, and swallow CFG's attempt to make them a ManCity Lite.

Its one thing for CFG to do that to a new club in NY. Its totally bullcrap that they attempted to do it with Melbourne who had a history. And I dont care how short the history was...its still team history! Its still their local city history!

I read some of that NYCFC thread over at BlueMoon as well....and a couple fools were saying we NYC fans should be grateful to Man City. Fuck that. Im grateful to CFG and the ownership. Same way Man City fan should be grateful to them for turning that club around. They could have easily pumped money into a club like Everton and returned them to their glory years...but they chose Manchester City FC. And they have now chosen New York City Football Club.

So in summary...my allegiance is to City Football Group ownership and NYCFC. I dont have to freaking support other CFG teams simply because they are under the same ownership umbrella. I already had clubs I liked more in EPL prior to the creation of NYCFC. If anything, the attitudes of BlueMoon fans has cemented my support for smaller clubs in the EPL.

EDIT - Clearly some foreigners dont understand how American sporting culture works. There is no one penultimate sport here that takes precedent over everything else. Yes the NFL is the most popular sport, but other sports are well followed and very big too. Hence ownership groups owning teams across different sports wont dictate who fans decide to follow. People have team allegiances...not ownership group allegiances.

Im a NY Mets and NY Giants fan...and if the Jets ever went under the same ownership group as the Mets, it wouldnt mean Id become a Jets fan and abandon the Giants. Rivalries dont cross leagues and sports for me. I can support whoever the hell I want. And if a Man City fan reads this and still doesnt understand...my La Liga team is Real Madrid. If CFG ever bought a team in La Liga, I would still be a Real Madrid fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Reading some of the comments over there, I'm flabbergasted. Some of those guys have Man U fan level entitlement. I used to think it was exclusive to manure fans and that Man C fans would be the opposite but I guess it's a manchester thing. Place must be a dump outside of SOCCER.

As a Manchester City fan, lured by FIFA and needing to antagonize friends who jumped on the United bandwagon, keeping the two separate is really easy -- and if you can't you're overthinking it. NYCFC will always be my #1, MCFC my #2 at the club level.

Reading some of the comments over there, I'm flabbergasted. Some of those guys have Man U fan level entitlement. I used to think it was exclusive to manure fans and that Man C fans would be the opposite but I guess it's a manchester thing. Place must be a dump outside of SOCCER.

No it's not a Manchester thing it's a British or even a Euro thing. We're the new kids on the block and it's probably somewhat weird to them that so many of us are so into their league and teams anyway since so much of the ethos over there is support your local team. If anyone reading this supports Liverpool, or Arsenal, or Tottenham or pick any team from over there and is telling themselves "Their guys" would act any different if they were the ones under co ownership with us your kidding yourselves.

Reactions: Tiger Jones