D.C. (Away) - Postmatch

If James Sands left in November it would be terrific for the Club long term.

I think he’s perfectly positioned in that Sweeper role. It’s very rare to see someone that young fully understand when to sit home and when to take license to move forward and fill in a midfield spot.

3 at the back allows us to get our best 11 players on the field.

Tinnerholm and Matarrita provide good width. Heber looks comfortable with his back to goal and running channels. Very happy we have him.

I think This lineup, especially with how Maxi tends to drift deeper, will end up working out really well for Mitrita. He’ll start to get comfortable with his 9 and learn to play off him. It also allows him more freedom to find pockets of docs with a 5 man back line and a packed midfield. My two cents.

About a dozen scouts there today to see Lucho Acosta and Chris Durkin. They ended up seeing James Sands put in a heck of a shift. I bet Leverkeusen stopped by our suite after the game.

If James Sands left in November it would be terrific for the Club long term.

I think he’s perfectly positioned in that Sweeper role. It’s very rare to see someone that young fully understand when to sit home and when to take license to move forward and fill in a midfield spot.

3 at the back allows us to get our best 11 players on the field.

Tinnerholm and Matarrita provide good width. Heber looks comfortable with his back to goal and running channels. Very happy we have him.

I think This lineup, especially with how Maxi tends to drift deeper, will end up working out really well for Mitrita. He’ll start to get comfortable with his 9 and learn to play off him. It also allows him more freedom to find pockets of docs with a 5 man back line and a packed midfield. My two cents.

About a dozen scouts there today to see Lucho Acosta and Chris Durkin. They ended up seeing James Sands put in a heck of a shift. I bet Leverkeusen stopped by our suite after the game.

I said the same thing in the shout box that the scouts will have a notebook full of Sands name going home, he will be playing in England next year

I said the same thing in the shout box that the scouts will have a notebook full of Sands name going home, he will be playing in England next year
Does he have a Euro passport?

This game is why the season has been so frustrating -- we know this roster has this in them -- we know this roster is good enough, now we finally see it. And to get our monkey off the back in road games -- and at a really good team. There's reason to be optimistic for the first time in a while.

Kind of hilarious that after accumulating about nineteen wingers, the formation we've finally landed on has room for precisely none of them.

But yeah, if that first XI is going to be our identity going forward then we'll probably enjoy most of this year. We absolutely hammered them. Special shout out to Ofori who was excellent, and Tinnerholm, who has quietly been our best player this year (and yes, that includes Sands, who was immense again today).

We've never had an iconic strike partnership here before (it's quite an old skool concept I suppose), but I think Heber and Mitrita have the qualities to develop one. Heber in particular is a lot of fun to watch (that attempted chip of Hamid!) but I do wonder what plan B is, because Lewis and Medina sadly didn't cut it today.

The Callens-Sands chest bump gave me all of the feels.

Kind of hilarious that after accumulating about nineteen wingers, the formation we've finally landed on has room for precisely none of them.

But yeah, if that first XI is going to be our identity going forward then we'll probably enjoy most of this year. We absolutely hammered them. Special shout out to Ofori who was excellent, and Tinnerholm, who has quietly been our best player this year (and yes, that includes Sands, who was immense again today).

We've never had an iconic strike partnership here before (it's quite an old skool concept I suppose), but I think Heber and Mitrita have the qualities to develop one. Heber in particular is a lot of fun to watch (that attempted chip of Hamid!) but I do wonder what plan B is, because Lewis and Medina sadly didn't cut it today.

The Callens-Sands chest bump gave me all of the feels.[/QUOT

What game did you watch Lewis was good when he came on and Medina was decent too. Lewis had a few good sets few take ons and a pretty solid game and that’s just the beginning. I would not say at all that Lewis didn’t cut it.

this is what i liked today, they looked like a team. despite dc being in bad form.

EDIT: whos editing/uploading sands highlight video for todays game

Tati & isi when they aren’t injured.

Reactions: sundance

Well yeah, ironically I thought Lewis probably had his best game of the season. But he's had a quiet start in general and after he got the start against Orlando he hasn't really grabbed the bull by the horns and I think he's slipped way down the depth chart again. Which is why I was excited to see him get a full 45 minutes as a striker today, but I was left unconvinced that he can fill in for Mitri on the regular.

Ditto for Medina, who I thought had a tidy game but yeah - what does he really do for this team? He's what, fifth or sixth choice with this formation now?