David Villa Close To Reuniting With Old Friend

Here is a little blog post I made this afternoon.

David Villa close to reuniting with old teammate at New York City FC. http://t.co/9EWpAVkrrD

I know nothing of this player, but I have looked him up, look at the league he is playing in.
Now look at the best team he has played for (highest level)
Now look up there partner teams, They partner a team in the 4th Tier of American Football.

The guy is 34, has limited experience at top flight football (at least he made it) and knew Villa when he was a second division player.

Would you really give a non national slot up for a player of this calibre (I don't mean to be detrimental) when there are better players available in the USA.

I know nothing of this player, but I have looked him up, look at the league he is playing in.
Now look up there partner teams, They partner a team in the 4th Tier of American Football.

The guy is 34, has limited experience at top flight football (at least he made it) and knew Villa when he was a second division player.

Would you really give a non national slot up for a player of this calibre (I don't mean to be detrimental) when there are better players available in the USA.
From reports it seems as if he's getting a try out not necessarily being signed.

From reports it seems as if he's getting a try out not necessarily being signed.

Everyone deserves a chance !! He may be brilliant as I said I don't know him. I have no axe to grind, but with NYCFC's network he is up against stiff competition.

Reactions: einwindir

I dont know anything about whats going on behind the scenes. And I didnt read the article in the link. Didnt even click the link yet, to be honest. But right after reading this comment, I would assume that D. Villa vouched for an old friend if even just to give him a chance at making the team.

Granted Davids experience on process on getting into any team, Im sure hes well aware that if his friend makes the team or not will have an impact on other players he might suggest in the future.

Thinking of how Fifa 15 chemistry works. And keeping in mind how D. didnt really click with Melbourne players. I would think that if he believes that having this friend on the field, with who he has a strong chemistry, would help him perform a bit better. Then, right off the top of my head I would think its worth a shot to see if he can make the grade.

Our clubs management and coaching staff are experienced enough to make the right decision, as they have so far, on whether or not hes right for the team. Thats why they are in the position of authority they're in.

This may be partly down to the fact we didn't land Xavi.

Is it in any way confirmed that Villa is part of this, or has some journo realised that by pure coincidence they were at the same club for two weeks 18 years ago and concluded that they must be best buddies even if Villa hasn't seen the guy since he was 15 or whatever age?

Reactions: Josh_BKNY
Is it in any way confirmed that Villa is part of this, or has some journo realised that by pure coincidence they were at the same club for two weeks 18 years ago and concluded that they must be best buddies even if Villa hasn't seen the guy since he was 15 or whatever age?

Well there's a picture of them smiling together while stretching on the pitch. You don't just take that kind of picture with anyone. Biffles 4 eva!

David Villa ‏@Guaje7Villa
Buen día de entrenamiento con amigos!! A good day of training with friends!!@LucusFitness #Barrera #P.Alvarez #Blin pic.twitter.com/MIHc2dI9AA

Pablo Alvarez is in NY with Villa and it does seem like they are very good friends.

That photo was probably not taken in NY. The giveaway is the sign behind them that says "Sala 3" (essentially "room 3" in Spanish).

Edit: In fact, a google search just revealed that Lucus Fitness is located in Asturias, Spain.