David Villa Sanchez [Forward]

Our Captain Villa featured on Vogue Magazine

masih-alinejad-larry-bourgeois-dada-masilo-caroline-polachek-laurent-bourgeois-clementine-creevy-david-villa-szelena-gray-ruth-bell0juliana-huxtable-grace-hartzel.jpg

David Villa
The striker and team captain of the New York City Football Club still has the boyish looks that earned him the nickname “El Guaje” in the village of Tuilla, in northern Spain, where he grew up. At 34, Villa is the leader of New York’s newest home soccer team.
Maybe I am put off by the outfits but that doesn't look like much of a starting 11. Which one do you think is the keeper?

Maybe I am put off by the outfits but that doesn't look like much of a starting 11. Which one do you think is the keeper?
Tradition dictates that it be either the guy on the left in the plaid shirt or the woman on the far right because their colors clash the most with everyone else, but I hope it's that sickly looking bald woman in front because if she has to run for 90 minutes we're doomed.

Good for him to be able to take a day and do that. Reminds me of my own trips down there with the kids, which coincidentally conclude with a trip to the beach in Sarasota, just down the road from where the team is training.

If any NYCFC player needs revenge on a certain pranking El Guaje, a quick google of "Ana Torroja and David Villa" should do the trick in which Mr Villa puts his vocal talents to use

Oh almost forgot

Their a fantastic and funny YouTube video of Villa, Ramos, Reina and I think Xavi going around on a plane signing a song to everyone inparticular Casillas, it was after Euro 2008 or World Cup 2010 so it's basically them celebrating, all I remember is the song translated in English is "Kiss Me Kiss Me Baby!!!!!!!" maybe a idea for a David Villa chant

I see if I can find it and post it

Reactions: TabascoDiva
I think it's after they won the World Cup. Iker was being interviewed by a journalist who is his wife/girlfriend and I guess driven by elation he just kissed her on camera leaving her mortified.

El Guaje actually has a good singing voice. I was living in Spain when that song came up, she is a very famous singer in the country and the album was for charity. It was recorded in 2010 after the World Cup.
He has done another singing contributions, that's why I also think he was in the NYCFC song video.

By the way, I saw the press conference the other day and I was really impressed of how much his english has improved, he didn't need a translator for the questions. I think that shows a lot of commitment to the club and the cause. A good captain leading by example.