Dc United Partner Up With Sunderland

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
Don't they have the same owner as Inter Milan I saw?

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
The relationship is supposedly more about technical advice and relationship, whatever the heck that means. It wouldn't surprise me if Sunderland is thinking about sending some kids from its Academy over on loan to DC United.

I'd also be curious what the financial arrangement is, since MCFC has assessed NYCFC a fee for some of the same services in this agreement.

I do think it's a good sign that MLS teams are starting to look at NYCFC's arrangement with MCFC and think it could be beneficial.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

MagnusPax

Registered
May 3, 2014
Don't they have the same owner as Inter Milan I saw?
Yes.
erick-thohir-001.jpg

http://www.dcunited.com/news/2013/10/dc-united-owner-erick-thohir-invests-in-inter-milan

Z4CH3B99

Borracho Aficionado
Aug 5, 2014
What exactly is the point of forming an alliance with an international team? I don't really see what good it does.

City-Nole

Registered
Aug 16, 2014
Yea but it's not even a good international team. Sunderland has had some success these past few years but they're not playing in Europe or anything. I would like to see these partnerships with top clubs.

jerseyhotspur

Registered
Apr 17, 2014
New Jersey
Yea but it's not even a good international team. Sunderland has had some success these past few years but they're not playing in Europe or anything. I would like to see these partnerships with top clubs.
I would say DC United (and / or MLS in general) needs as much exposure to top flight clubs as they can get.

True, Sunderland isn't the best team in the Premier League, but they're still in the top flight and higher than the other 72 teams in the Championship, League One and League Two of English football.

Reactions: City-Nole