Dc United Partner Up With Sunderland

Don't they have the same owner as Inter Milan I saw?

The relationship is supposedly more about technical advice and relationship, whatever the heck that means. It wouldn't surprise me if Sunderland is thinking about sending some kids from its Academy over on loan to DC United.

I'd also be curious what the financial arrangement is, since MCFC has assessed NYCFC a fee for some of the same services in this agreement.

I do think it's a good sign that MLS teams are starting to look at NYCFC's arrangement with MCFC and think it could be beneficial.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Don't they have the same owner as Inter Milan I saw?
Yes.
erick-thohir-001.jpg

http://www.dcunited.com/news/2013/10/dc-united-owner-erick-thohir-invests-in-inter-milan

What exactly is the point of forming an alliance with an international team? I don't really see what good it does.

Yea but it's not even a good international team. Sunderland has had some success these past few years but they're not playing in Europe or anything. I would like to see these partnerships with top clubs.

Yea but it's not even a good international team. Sunderland has had some success these past few years but they're not playing in Europe or anything. I would like to see these partnerships with top clubs.
I would say DC United (and / or MLS in general) needs as much exposure to top flight clubs as they can get.

True, Sunderland isn't the best team in the Premier League, but they're still in the top flight and higher than the other 72 teams in the Championship, League One and League Two of English football.

Reactions: City-Nole