Der Kaiser

RIP Franz Beckenbauer.

Beckenbauer, Pele, Chinaglia, Carlos Alberto. . . . . . .I had the pleasure of seeing them all at Giants Stadium. Now they're all gone.
Same. I was recently just going through this old game program with my kids.

Attachments

• IMG_4566.jpeg
    IMG_4566.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4567.jpeg
    IMG_4567.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Same. I was recently just going through this old game program with my kids.

man would be great if you can upload the rest. im always curious of looking for old programs of anything nyc soccer.

as a side note i feel so much got lost of the sport in the city , especially pre cosmos era.

Reactions: Gene

RIP Franz Beckenbauer.

Beckenbauer, Pele, Chinaglia, Carlos Alberto. . . . . . .I had the pleasure of seeing them all at Giants Stadium. Now they're all gone.

man another legend gone. im too young and never got the chance to see him play but one of the best for sure.

Reactions: Gene and JayH
man would be great if you can upload the rest. im always curious of looking for old programs of anything nyc soccer.

as a side note i feel so much got lost of the sport in the city , especially pre cosmos era.
One of these days I'm going to have to get back to my mothers house and root around the attic and basement.
It's unbelievable how much NASL stuff I have bunked away........that is of course if she didn't toss it all out in the garbage. Programs, Yearbooks, Media Guides, pennants, cards, etc.
The only Cosmos stuff I have in my house is a shoebox filled with ticket stubs from Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium.

Reactions: JayH
One of these days I'm going to have to get back to my mothers house and root around the attic and basement.
It's unbelievable how much NASL stuff I have bunked away........that is of course if she didn't toss it all out in the garbage. Programs, Yearbooks, Media Guides, pennants, cards, etc.
The only Cosmos stuff I have in my house is a shoebox filled with ticket stubs from Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium.

would be cool if you can show what you have. maybe get a thread going of anything from back in the day for everyone to upload what they have.

i know wikipedia has stuff but man i seen things about cups and leagues in city or tri state area going back to late 1800's and like no one has any book or anything written about the history in the city.

i used to joke in college that maybe i should write a book about it but i suck at writing, but would be cool to research about it.

Reactions: JayH
Found this in an old photo album in the basement.
$7.00? Does that even cover the cost of a bottle of water at Yankee Stadium nowadays?
And section 131 was right on the midfield stripe!

Attachments

• derkaiser.jpg
    derkaiser.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 14
would be cool if you can show what you have. maybe get a thread going of anything from back in the day for everyone to upload what they have.

i know wikipedia has stuff but man i seen things about cups and leagues in city or tri state area going back to late 1800's and like no one has any book or anything written about the history in the city.

i used to joke in college that maybe i should write a book about it but i suck at writing, but would be cool to research about it.
You research it, I'll write it, and we'll get Dejan to publish it

Reactions: JCMore

RIP Franz Beckenbauer.

I saw them all once: the 1979 Home opener. God, that team was stacked. I had no appreciation of it.

72k on opening day at Giants Stadium (a regular season record at the time) and the Times both ran a preview and a recap. Pelé came out to be honored. It looked like soccer was the future. Then just a few years later the league folded.

Which is why I count my blessings that we have a team in the five boros that got a Championship under its belt 7 years in, and has a stadium on the way…

Last edited: