Donovan To Retire From Mls At End Of 2014

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Apparently this is the USMNT news Twellman was talking about. Landon Donovan is going announce at the press conference today that he's retiring from soccer, including MLS, at the end of the year.

Sad day for US & MLS fans. Donovan gave a lot to this sport.

Reactions: Kjbert
The closest Landon is playing is in Montreal on 9/10/14. I plan on going up and down for the match. Same day stuff. I am looking for carpool partners. Hit me up if you want to go to watch Landon in his final season.

Very sad to hear this news.

Can't say Donovan seems like my kind of guy but he has done a hell of a lot for US soccer and MLS.

Very sad to hear this news.

Can't say Donovan seems like my kind of guy but he has done a hell of a lot for US soccer and MLS.
He has been awesome. But his time was ticking down, the sabbatical earlier last year and his exclusion from the USMNT for the WC probably sealed it. A great player and its a shame NYCFC won't have the privilege to fight against him.

Best of luck to Landon Donovan, MLS wouldn't be the same today without you. Auvoir.

Sad to hear, but better to know when to hang it up then to hang on too long *cough* Martin Brodeur *cough*