Draft Results

LOVE Grabavoy, Mullins, John, Zizzo, and Wingert picks. They're the type of players you need in MLS.

WOuld have liked to see Gargan instead of Hernandez.

Reactions: einwindir
Thought they did a great job overall. Especially with adding two RSL players that Kreis knows well. I expect them to still make a trade for MacMath.

I just dont understand the blue cheese pick at all. but besides that I love all the picks.

I have no idea what Orlando was thinking with Ricketts as Pick 1. I mean, trade bait? What are they going to do with 2 GKs on their roster? There's gotta be another trade.

Regardless, that was awesome for NYCFC because it really gave them an advantage. Picked up a great mix of talent; now to see what the trading flurry brings.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
----Zizo-----------Vila------------Mullins
----------------Lampard------------------
-----Grabavoy-----------Jacobson--------
Winger----------------------------------Brovsky
-----------John-----------Hernandez----------
------------------Saunders----------------------

We have enough ppl now to throw out random starting 11's hahah.

Yeah Mehdi was the only pick I didn't like, but if he more of a depth addition then I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't see much time on the pitch.

Reactions: MagnusPax
I would expect us to keep Grabavoy, Mullins, Hernandez, Wingert, John and Zizzo. The others could be traded for the likes of MacMath, Lade, Keel or Saad.

By position:

Forwards
2. Patrick Mullins, NE (Age 22) - Physical, left-footed, high work rate, two-time college player of the year
5. Tony Taylor, NE (Age 25) - Speedster winger or striker, spent four years in Europe

Midfielders
1. Ned Grabavoy, RSL (Age 31) - Technical player, can play any midfield position
4. Daniel Lovitz, TOR (Age 23) - Left footed, decent pace, well rounded role player maybe?
6. Mehdi Ballouchy, VAN (Age 31) - Moroccan, can't find much on him, seems like an outside mid
8. Thomas McNamara, DC (Age 23) - Coming off torn ACL
9. Sal Zizzo, SKC (Age 27) - Speedy outside player, fragile

Defenders
3. Jason Hernandez, SJ (Age 31) - Centerback, 5'11", really pushed Goodson and Bernardez for starts
7. George John, DAL (Age 27) - Centerback, 6'3", upside but coming off ACL surgery
10. Chris Wingert, RSL (Age 32) - Leftback, can fill in at CB, solid veteran

I predict Mullins, Taylor, Grabavoy, Lovitz, McNamara, Hernandez, and John will for sure stick around. Ballouchy, Zizzo, and Wingert most likely to be trade bait? Kind of just guessing here.

Last edited: