Draft Results

They'll be putting up a list on the MLS website at 4 if I'm not mistaken.

Last year only 2 players were taken in the waiver draft. So, I'm not expecting a lot of big news from that. I do think a lot of trades will be announced this evening.

Reactions: Kjbert
Dude, can we not call "dibs" on people's wives? I know you don't mean anything by it, but with all the stuff recently about sexual assault I think we should to try to avoid treating women like property even in jest.

SOOO relieved somebody said something about that...but let's just say can we not call "dibs" on any women, married or not- it's pretty creepy, tbh.

Gotcha. I figured it was to do with finances, but with Orlandos recent signing I thought they may be interested in a bigger name.

So our roster right now looks like this:

Forwards:
David Villa
Patrick Mullins
Tony Taylor

Midfielders:
Frank Lampard
Andrew Jacobson
Josh Williams
Ned Grabavoy
Daniel Lovitz
Mehdi Ballouchy
Thomas McNamara
Sal Zizzo

Defenders:
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Jeb Brovsky
Jason Hernandez
George John
Chris Wingert

Goalkeeper:
Josh Saunders

We still have another DP, MCFC and the Draft. I am going to go out on a limb here and say one of the MCFC kids will be a Goalkeeper. Very crowded midfield - you would think Lampard, Jacobson and Grabavoy all start.

I don't know a whole lot about MLS players at this point but if everyone is saying that NYCFC did a great job then that sure makes me feel good. One step closer to the first game!

Waiver draft - Reo-Coker #1, Bobby Burling #3 overall most teams passed that's all the info i have found so far

I don't know how far back most of you guys go, so let me just lay this out for you: Before his series of knee injuries, George John was as good as Omar Gonzalez. Maybe even a little bit better, with quicker feet and the ability to defend in space, which let the Dallas fullbacks push up aggressively and at speed. His defensive presence allowed them to open it up offensively.

I loved watching him play, and FCD's slow decline following the 2010 run to MLS Cup can be traced directly to John's health. There are doubts, given that he has barely played over the last couple of years, that he will ever get to that level again.

But maybe NYCFC know something about his health the rest of us don't. John's still just 27, and if they can fix him – or even get him back to 90 percent of what he was four years ago – they'll have picked themselves an All-Star.

This bit about George John looks promising if he can stay on the field.
Source: http://next.mlssoccer.com/post/2014...iker-system-and-shot-new-york-red-bulls-nycfc