Duff To Partner Villa At Melbourne City

The most impressive thing about this is that he signed under the salary cap, meaning he doesn't count as a marquee (the Aussie version of DPs). Would have been a fairly uninspiring signing as a marquee, but as a regular squad member it signals good things about the potential quality of their team.

Very good signing. He could have been good for NYC too but hoping for better here.

Melbourne City are going to be a very interesting watch next season. They were good to watch last season (better than any MLS team I've seen yet) but finished dead last and now they are losing their best player (Englaar) but adding much more. All very interesting IMO.

I hope there is plenty of cooperation between them and NYC. It'd be nice too if both sets of fans could get over themselves. It's like listening to teenage girls with the talk of colors and the big bad MCFC monster but IMO it'll be happy families soon once they mature as clubs/supporters.

Anyway happy for Duff, Melbourne and the whole CFG. Great signing!

Very good signing. He could have been good for NYC too but hoping for better here.

Melbourne City are going to be a very interesting watch next season. They were good to watch last season (better than any MLS team I've seen yet) but finished dead last and now they are losing their best player (Englaar) but adding much more. All very interesting IMO.

I hope there is plenty of cooperation between them and NYC. It'd be nice too if both sets of fans could get over themselves. It's like listening to teenage girls with the talk of colors and the big bad MCFC monster but IMO it'll be happy families soon once they mature as clubs/supporters.

Anyway happy for Duff, Melbourne and the whole CFG. Great signing!
Rumors are they may resign Engelaar under the wage cap.

That'd be great. He was a tad lazy but could easily play the Yaya role if there was more attacking threat elsewhere. Seemed to me that he was trying to do everything himself last season because no one else could score (other than Williams who reminds me of Tevez :) and looked impressive too).

Williams, Villa, Duff and Englaar combining would be pretty good IMO. It's just a pity for them that they'll only see that for 10 games at most.

That'd be great. He was a tad lazy but could easily play the Yaya role if there was more attacking threat elsewhere. Seemed to me that he was trying to do everything himself last season because no one else could score (other than Williams who reminds me of Tevez :) and looked impressive too).

Williams, Villa, Duff and Englaar combining would be pretty good IMO. It's just a pity for them that they'll only see that for 10 games at most.
But if Engelaar also signs under the cap, they still have spaces for 1 foreign marquee (DP) and and Australian marquee.

Rumors are they may resign Engelaar under the wage cap.

Unsure. Reports from Australia are suggesting that Duff was signed using "spare" allocation money they had been saving for Engelaar, suggesting he has indicated to the club that he doesn't want to renew if he's not a marquee.

Unsure. Reports from Australia are suggesting that Duff was signed using "spare" allocation money they had been saving for Engelaar, suggesting he has indicated to the club that he doesn't want to renew if he's not a marquee.
Fair enough