Eredivisie

NYCFC_Ajax

Registered
Nov 22, 2015
Im just curious, does someone even know what the eredivisie is ( without googling ) and what the best teams are. I want to know what Americans know :)

Im just curious, does someone even know what the eredivisie is ( without googling ) and what the best teams are. I want to know what Americans know :)

lol if you're an American and don't know what the Eredivisie is you're not a real soccer fan.
Everyone knows that PSV is the best club in the Netherlands ;)

Johan Neeskens, Wim Rijsbergen (toughest motherfather I'd ever seen), Johan Cryuff. The end. Yes I'm old.

Top league in the Netherlands. The Holy Trinity are Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, and Feyenoord. Didnt google, so spelling might be off.

Reactions: NYCFC_Ajax
Which, if any, network carries Eredivisie matches in the US? I feel like I read something about them selling exclusive rights to some no-name streaming service, which is a bummer if true.

I'd have to support PSV given how long my father worked for Philips.

Which, if any, network carries Eredivisie matches in the US? I feel like I read something about them selling exclusive rights to some no-name streaming service, which is a bummer if true.

NGSN I think has the online rights to all games. Univision deportes network ( in spanish) tends to show alot of PSV games. Though at times they show Ajax games when they face non big team as well.

I took a guess based on your user name. I had a strong feeling you were NOT referring to the cleanser common here in the States.

medium.png

I also know the two are pronounced entirely different. I have to be careful when asking for the cleanser that I don't inadvertently ask for the team! I did have to Google "Eredivisie" to see if this was the name of the league.

I know about Ajax from following Zlatan. I also follow the Champions League so I've become more familiar PSV from that platform. I don't follow the Europa League as closely but I know Ajax is active there this year after CL elimination. So my knowledge base is a couple of the teams but not the name of the league- which thanks to you I now know. I don't know how these two teams rank in their league but would assume top/towards the top based on the fact they made the Champions League. (Although much can change from season to season, i.e. Chelsea.)

I took a guess based on your user name. I had a strong feeling you were NOT referring to the cleanser common here in the States.

medium.png

I also know the two are pronounced entirely different. I have to be careful when asking for the cleanser that I don't inadvertently ask for the team! I did have to Google "Eredivisie" to see if this was the name of the league.

I know about Ajax from following Zlatan. I also follow the Champions League so I've become more familiar PSV from that platform. I don't follow the Europa League as closely but I know Ajax is active there this year after CL elimination. So my knowledge base is a couple of the teams but not the name of the league- which thanks to you I now know. I don't know how these two teams rank in their league but would assume top/towards the top based on the fact they made the Champions League. (Although much can change from season to season, i.e. Chelsea.)
ajax fans are bullied here with that bleach too lol. But there are enough words to hurt the other supporters ;)

medium.png

Ajax are obviously 1st, 2nd feyenoord ( ajax's rival ) 3 heracles, which is a pretty bad team allround but surprised this season, kinda like leicester. 4 psv etc..

Reactions: CatNYC

psv is kinda like chelsea or man city in holland. Buying a lot of players, ajax is in prizes the best team :) and they play a beautiful style of football, you can compare it to barca's because ajax and barca have a good friendship. So i suggest you would support ajax but it is your choice haha

Reactions: Keith Putnam
ajax fans are bullied here with that bleach too lol. But there are enough words to hurt the other supporters ;)
It's a really good cleanser so I wouldn't take it as a insult! It could give you some nice comeback comments. :D

It's a really good cleanser so I wouldn't take it as a insult! It could give you some nice comeback comments. :D
haha, we say P$V because they are basically man city/chelsea en feyenooit =feyenoord with nooit, nooit= meaning never, meaning never winning titles haha

you can compare it to barca's because ajax and barca have a good friendship.
Sure, but didn't Cruyff just resign his advisory post because Ajax leadership wouldn't listen to him anymore? My understanding was that Ajax has drifted pretty far from the proto-Barça style they were famous for and/or originated and that creativity had stagnated somewhat. But then again I haven't had much opportunity to watch them other than in European competition.

haha, we say P$V because they are basically man city/chelsea en feyenooit =feyenoord with nooit, nooit= meaning never, meaning never winning titles haha

I heard another name was PaySV for the same reason.
I watch a shitload of Eredivisie matches for one reason or another.

Heracles have done well and Stegeman has welded a useful team from "non stars" Tannone is probably, well he is, the standout and he was back Sunday where they managed to balls up a 1-0 Ht lead against 10 men and lose 2-4, It was like watching a car wreck in slow mo.
Three tough matches coming up, Feyenoord away and Vitesse at home then the crunch before the Xmas break, Groningen, albeit at home. Six points would be excellent for them although i think it will be nearer three, then a slide.

You must be pleased with the win at PEC. Very good debut for Donny van de Beek. Naet touches and good positioning. Another from the youth factory :)

Sure, but didn't Cruyff just resign his advisory post because Ajax leadership wouldn't listen to him anymore? My understanding was that Ajax has drifted pretty far from the proto-Barça style they were famous for and/or originated and that creativity had stagnated somewhat. But then again I haven't had much opportunity to watch them other than in European competition.
That is true, the hardcore fans demonstrated in the last home game by entering the stadium at half time. They did that for Cruijf and Wim Jonk. ( he was headcoach of the youth ) Ajax wanted those 2 out of the club, which is a very upsetting thought. So a lot of fans demonstrated, and yeah we don't play as nice as barca anymore ( money leagues took it over ) but we try, we still play tiki-taka football. So I will never leave this club, as long as it doesn't become an shitty arabic club like man city or something. I know it is hypocrite, because they are the owners of NYCFC but in my eyes it is a club with a face, not a financial toy.

I heard another name was PaySV for the same reason.
I watch a shitload of Eredivisie matches for one reason or another.

Heracles have done well and Stegeman has welded a useful team from "non stars" Tannone is probably, well he is, the standout and he was back Sunday where they managed to balls up a 1-0 Ht lead against 10 men and lose 2-4, It was like watching a car wreck in slow mo.
Three tough matches coming up, Feyenoord away and Vitesse at home then the crunch before the Xmas break, Groningen, albeit at home. Six points would be excellent for them although i think it will be nearer three, then a slide.

You must be pleased with the win at PEC. Very good debut for Donny van de Beek. Naet touches and good positioning. Another from the youth factory :)
indeed! I was in Amsterdam during the match, had a good time in a cafe, heracles is doing very well so does NEC promoted last season, now 5th. Donny is shining :), so did cerny in the celtic game, ( he is very, very good ) and maybe this season abdelhak nouri will make his debut aswell. He is basically mastour, with more efficiency ( great to watch )