Fútbol Mexicano

Copa 90 Piece on the city of Juarez, Chihuahua and the affect that fútbol has had on the city.

fantastic video.....good to see juarez is on the up as a city....and maybe the team as well to get promoted.

Good to see the Mexican players today on Real Sociedad... Great play to beat Barcelona...

Just finished watching America vs Tijuna.... Cant wait till NYCFC becomes as big as America...and can score 6-1 in a game.
Monterrey put 6 up on Chiapas and didn't even allow a goal. I can't wait till NYCFC can do this to crap teams like Chicago and Colorado in their sleep.

Dorados were officially relegated following their 5-2 defeat at the hands of Tigres this weekend.

La Gran Final de Liga Ascenso MX is going to be taking place May 14 and May 21 to see which team will be replacing Dorados. The games will face FC Juarez (winner of the previous tournament) and whoever the winner of the current tournament is going to be. The final leg will be played in Juarez lending los Bravos a huge advantage if they can manage to not loose by a lot on the road during the first leg.

América defeated Tigres 2-0 in Monterrey during the first leg of the CONCACAF champions league finals.

América defeated Tigres 2-0 in Monterrey during the first leg of the CONCACAF champions league finals.

tigres are garbage in international finals it seems. tuca's system does not work in winning the finals just getting to them....( almost choked the liga mx final too against pumas).

América won the CCL for the second consecutive year by defeating Tigres 2-0 on the road and 2-1 at home for a 4-1 aggregate scoreline.

América are now the undisputed most successful team in Mexico with 12 league titles and the most successful team in CONCACAF with 7 CCL titles.

what say you Z4CH3B99 Z4CH3B99

Chfzn1yUkAAUSxM.jpg:large

image.jpeg

Games will most likely be played May 14 in Aguascalientes and May 21 in Cd. Juárez to decide which team is promoted to Liga MX.

However, there are currently rumors running rampant that Jaguares de Chiapas are folding and 2 teams could be promoted to Liga MX. I'm not entirely sure how true the rumors are as of right now.

image.jpeg

El Chapo was recently moved to a prison in Cd. Juárez as repairs were made to the maximum security prison where he was recently being held.

^^ I found this meme and just couldn't help but share it. Lol

View attachment 4844
Games will most likely be played May 14 in Aguascalientes and May 21 in Cd. Juárez to decide which team is promoted to Liga MX.

However, there are currently rumors running rampant that Jaguares de Chiapas are folding and 2 teams could be promoted to Liga MX. I'm not entirely sure how true the rumors are as of right now.

View attachment 4845
El Chapo was recently moved to a prison in Cd. Juárez as repairs were made to the maximum security prison where he was recently being held.

^^ I found this meme and just couldn't help but share it. Lol

where is this coming from? like is it a journalist ? a tweet? i usually keep up with rumors but with grad school this semester i haven't been able to keep up. in a sense it does not surprise me because of all the issues the players have gone thru with not being paid. i think either FMF will step in or it gets sold to another team...so yes your theory could be correct. shame this happens time and time again.

and yet people want promotion relegation here in the US

EDIT: Found this

Last edited:
where is this coming from? like is it a journalist ? a tweet? i usually keep up with rumors but with grad school this semester i haven't been able to keep up. in a sense it does not surprise me because of all the issues the players have gone thru with not being paid. i think either FMF will step in or it gets sold to another team...so yes your theory could be correct. shame this happens time and time again.

and yet people want promotion relegation here in the US

EDIT: Found this

I originally spotted this being reported by Tom Marshall who is a British Expat that reports on Mexican soccer for ESPN FC and ESPN Mexico.

they usually dont televise those games....sucks id like to see them....though i wont be in the city for the first game
The games are pretty easy to find online if you look hard enough.

I will for sure be at Estadio Olimpico Benito Juarez on May 21 to watch what I hope will be the game that sees the return of my hometown to the premier division. #VamosPorElAscenso #DaleBravos

The Ascenso MX Final kicks off tomorrow at 7pm (9 PM EST) in Juárez. The winner of the game between Bravos and Rayos de Necaxa is going to replace Dorados in Liga MX