Fifa Corruption

All I'm sayin' is that I brought two signs to the game on Saturday.

CGh4S2sUIAIefqj.jpg:large

1 down. 1 to go.

CGV9KzCUkAIQj_0.jpg:large

Those countries voting for Blatter will work against UEFA & USA to change anything. I'm still skeptical.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Those countries voting for Blatter will work against UEFA & USA to change anything. I'm still skeptical.
Agreed - especially since Blatter will be working to help "reform" FIFA before he steps down - and until they change the voting system, I fear little will change in the long run

My optimism, however, stems from the fact that even someone as omnipotent as Blatter is now susceptible to the laws of real countries and not just "FIFA-land" - this will consistently be in the back of the minds of FIFA officials as they conduct business going forward, like a Pavlovian-trained animal with a shock collar

Agreed - especially since Blatter will be working to help "reform" FIFA before he steps down - and until they change the voting system, I fear little will change in the long run

My optimism, however, stems from the fact that even someone as omnipotent as Blatter is now susceptible to the laws of real countries and not just "FIFA-land" - this will consistently be in the back of the minds of FIFA officials as they conduct business going forward, like a Pavlovian-trained animal with a shock collar

Blatter's first reform is going to mandate that bribe money can no longer go through US banks.

England 2018. USA 2022. (Hopefully).

Portugal/Spain came in second for 2018 and USA came in second for 2022, however we don't know how the corrupt officials would have voted for if they weren't bribed.

Just spent 3 days in Vegas with daily temp of 110. Absolutely brutal.

Was told Vegas had tried to get a game for 1994 WC but was told no on account of heat.

If we do go to Qatar it is going to be a disaster for players, fans in the stands, pretty much everyone.

Even at 8pm the temp here is in the upper 90s. What a clusterF.

Reactions: BlueWarrior