Final Section Vote

Which section do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put my deposit down around 3pm on Day 1. I really want to sit in 205 and have 2 seats. Would want to be row 1, close as I can get to seat 1.

I put my deposit down around 3pm on Day 1. I really want to sit in 205 and have 2 seats. Would want to be row 1, close as I can get to seat 1.

Damn, you beat me by a half hour. Guess I'll be sitting behind you. Or on the other side of the row. I want that aisle!

I'm down with switching it over. The one thing we haven't considered though is the relative level of difficulty of getting seats near each other.
I would think if you had a head count NYCFC would be willing work something out so everyone can sit together/close-by. Just ask about group seating. They probably will average out everyone's number when deciding the group's priority for that section. But if we each order out tickets separately we will definitely be all over the place.

Damn, you beat me by a half hour. Guess I'll be sitting behind you. Or on the other side of the row. I want that aisle!

I have a feeling they will give us windows of time to order. We could be in the same window. Keep your finger on the mouse!

Was told yesterday by rep seats 1-2 might be obstructed for the corner by center feild. Though you can see it through metal fence. Prob going to buy $15 Yankee tickets for tues-wed next week and just show up for batting practice, so I can walk around and sit in all the seats to see for myself. I'll take photos if I can.

Was told yesterday by rep seats 1-2 might be obstructed for the corner by center feild. Though you can see it through metal fence. Prob going to buy $15 Yankee tickets for tues-wed next week and just show up for batting practice, so I can walk around and sit in all the seats to see for myself. I'll take photos if I can.

I keep meaning to go take a look at other sections when I go to Yankee games but I never did. Too late now as I won't be back until next month. If you could take some photos from there that would be great.

Reactions: adam
So..... how many of you are committed to sitting in 215 with the social supporters? Are we in on this idea together or everyone for themselves when seat selection arrives in the coming weeks?

Reactions: jomosono
I keep meaning to go take a look at other sections when I go to Yankee games but I never did. Too late now as I won't be back until next month. If you could take some photos from there that would be great.

Sorry it took so long to post this, got to the game last week; but it's been a busy week at work.

Because there are a lot of photos, i'll go section by section with comments in different posts.

Section 205, row 1: I found that the view is obstructed till you get to seat 7. There is the metal fence and the plexiglass which are both annoying to look through and will obstruct a good portion of the field including a goal in the first few seats. Once you get to seat 7, you have a great perspective of the whole field/pitch. I like this section a lot. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• 2014-08-19 17.47.17.jpg
    2014-08-19 17.47.17.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 153
  • 2014-08-19 17.47.08.jpg
    2014-08-19 17.47.08.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 134
  • 2014-08-19 17.47.20.jpg
    2014-08-19 17.47.20.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 155
  • 2014-08-19 17.48.09.jpg
    2014-08-19 17.48.09.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 136
  • 2014-08-19 17.48.13.jpg
    2014-08-19 17.48.13.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
Section 206, row 1: If anyone is thinking that you can take seat 1, row 1 in 206 and avoid the plexiglass, don't! There is more plexiglass between 205 & 206 that kills the view for the first few seats there as well. It also feels more tucked into the corner than 205.
2014-08-19 17.52.47.jpg
2014-08-19 17.52.50.jpg

Reactions: einwindir
Section 215, row 1. These seats have the TV cameras to the left of the section cutting the row short and limiting the amount of seats in the first couple of rows. But that does mean it will give you the 'broadcast perspective' ;). Again there is a plexiglass obstruction that gets annoying till you get to seat 5. Then it's a nice view, but felt too far away for my tastes when you think about where the soccer pitch will be.

2014-08-19 17.57.33.jpg
2014-08-19 17.57.37.jpg
2014-08-19 17.58.38.jpg

Reactions: einwindir
Section 214b, row 1. Same thoughts as 215, but no cameras and a slightly different perspective. The obstruction with the plexiglass ends at seat 4 here because of the changed viewing angle.

2014-08-19 17.59.35.jpg

Section 103 row 1. I decided to stop by here, even though I had made up my mind that the obstructions shown (bench & advertising wall) as well as a low viewing angle would make it hard to enjoy the match. However, when I got to those seats I really enjoyed being close to the action. The players felt very close. I also enjoyed the cushioned seats. It just felt more high-end than the other sections. For someone who will be taking clients to games or tying to convince his wife or friends to come along and get into the sport, these seats felt like something special. I'm really considering changing my mind on 205 and switching to 103. Here are some photos below. Hope these posts helped.

2014-08-19 18.04.13.jpg
2014-08-19 18.04.15.jpg
2014-08-19 18.04.16.jpg
2014-08-19 18.04.35.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-08-19 18.04.01.jpg
    2014-08-19 18.04.01.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
  • 2014-08-19 18.04.35.jpg
    2014-08-19 18.04.35.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
Great job adam adam !
Certainly can see the pros and cons for each. I've meant to do this for the last handful of games I went to but I always get there a bit too late.
Seems like if you want either end of 205 aisle seats in first row, you will be looking through plexi.
I have the same issue in my Yankee seats, I am have aisles in row 2, 416 and the glass cuts right between the mound and the batters box. I've learned to live with it because aisles in a row that low are difficult to get.

Great job adam adam !
Certainly can see the pros and cons for each. I've meant to do this for the last handful of games I went to but I always get there a bit too late.
Seems like if you want either end of 205 aisle seats in first row, you will be looking through plexi.
I have the same issue in my Yankee seats, I am have aisles in row 2, 416 and the glass cuts right between the mound and the batters box. I've learned to live with it because aisles in a row that low are difficult to get.

Thanks Rick! But if you take the isle seat in 205, row 1 all the way to the left (highest # seats) you dont have any plexi to deal with. Those are good seats if you want the isle. Otherwise, take seat 7 or higher to avoid the annoyance.

Reactions: Slick Rick
Section 205, row 1: I found that the view is obstructed till you get to seat 7. There is the metal fence and the plexiglass which are both annoying to look through and will obstruct a good portion of the field including a goal in the first few seats. Once you get to seat 7, you have a great perspective of the whole field/pitch. I like this section a lot. Here are some photos.

So for the first row, seat 7 and up are all good, no obstructions? What about row 2, 3, etc?

So for the first row, seat 7 and up are all good, no obstructions? What about row 2, 3, etc?

Didn't sit in rows 2 & 3, sorry. Not even sure if the plexi is an issue in those rows.

Section 103 row 1. I decided to stop by here, even though I had made up my mind that the obstructions shown (bench & advertising wall) as well as a low viewing angle would make it hard to enjoy the match. However, when I got to those seats I really enjoyed being close to the action. The players felt very close. I also enjoyed the cushioned seats. It just felt more high-end than the other sections. For someone who will be taking clients to games or tying to convince his wife or friends to come along and get into the sport, these seats felt like something special. I'm really considering changing my mind on 205 and switching to 103. Here are some photos below. Hope these posts helped.

View attachment 545 View attachment 546 View attachment 547 View attachment 549

wow the 103 seats look a lot lower then I thought, being the OF wall, I imagined it higher, from the pics they look almost as low as 014a/b

Sorry it took so long to post this, got to the game last week; but it's been a busy week at work.

Because there are a lot of photos, i'll go section by section with comments in different posts.

Thanks for all the pictures, it helped confirm or debunk some ideas I have had about some sections.