First Game Vs Orlando 3/7 Or 3/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy to start with a derby but I'm sure they'll build up to that. I'd like to see NYCFC take on New England or LA in the first match. Philly or DC would be good as well.

Reactions: Kjbert
If the rumors of filling up the 60,000 seats in the Citrus Bowl are accurate, it will be a great environment for opening day. Need to check my vacation schedule...

Reactions: deedsy and Kjbert
If the rumors of filling up the 60,000 seats in the Citrus Bowl are accurate, it will be a great environment for opening day. Need to check my vacation schedule...
No fucking way they sell 65k tickets. It would be amazing if they did but I can't see it happening.

Fuck this shit, the league is trying to push a fake rivalry. I don't want NYCFC to be associated with that club at all

That sounds fair that the other expansion team plays their first game at home also taking their pre MLS fixtures into account. Thought someone said it was an asinine policy of the MLS for all new teams to play first game away from their home city. Aren't these fixtures supposed to be somewhat random anyway seems incredibly contrived if this is the case. I couldn't care less who its against. Are we supposed to be more excited that House of Mouse are likely first opponents?

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
In terms of competitiveness, hard to be unhappy with a team that will be just as inexperienced playing as we are. LA would be fun, but they'd smoke us.
It might be a rough go, 2 expansion teams duking it out on astroTurf in Orlando. Hopefully it will be mildly entertaining with a correct outcome. :) Oh and no one gets hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.