Frank Lampard Out Vs Orlando

Strange how all the newbies defend Lampard to the death...hmmm...
I'd hardly say it's "to the death," nor can I speak for any of the other newbies. I'm just saying that I find the reactions found online are a bit over the top. I still agree it's in bad form that he's not played for us yet, because it shoulda happened long ago.
It is a bit strange we've not heard any official word on whether he's actually out or not, though i'm sure he is.

I'd hardly say it's "to the death," nor can I speak for any of the other newbies. I'm just saying that I find the reactions found online are a bit over the top. I still agree it's in bad form that he's not played for us yet, because it shoulda happened long ago.
It is a bit strange we've not heard any official word on whether he's actually out or not, though i'm sure he is.
Real Madrid fans attack Bale's car if he misses a shot. Michael Bradley will tell you about a time fans locked his team into the training facility for losing a derby game. I'd say that might be overreaction. Not the outrage that's building here. 22 out of 34 games, 0 seconds played.

Lampard and Manchester have shown NYCFC fans extreme disrespect over the last full year. It's not close to overreaction.

It's probably not enough if anything.

Real Madrid fans attack Bale's car if he misses a shot. Michael Bradley will tell you about a time fans locked his team into the training facility for losing a derby game. I'd say that might be overreaction. Not the outrage that's building here. 22 out of 34 games, 0 seconds played.

Lampard and Manchester have shown NYCFC fans extreme disrespect over the last full year. It's not close to overreaction.

Yeah, but that loan shouldn't of been allowed to happen. But the issue at hand is he has an injury, and many seem to be going off that like the injury is an extension of the problems of before.

Edit: But in the end, the things that the club has done, and had done have been to an extent unacceptable, and it's really dumb that we won't see one of our first signings till at least August. I'm just saying in regards to the injury, it's an injury and such life. But yeah.

We
Yeah, but that loan shouldn't of been allowed to happen. But the issue at hand is he has an injury, and many seem to be going off that like the injury is an extension of the problems of before.

Edit: But in the end, the things that the club has done, and had done have been to an extent unacceptable, and it's really dumb that we won't see one of our first signings till at least August. I'm just saying in regards to the injury, it's an injury and such life. But yeah.
Welcome to the club, Username.

Reactions: Kjbert and Username

100% on the money. One more person tells me "we have to understand" about why Frank isn't/won't play, I'm going to go so mental it's going to make Midas Freaking Mulligan look like a choirboy!

100% on the money. One more person tells me "we have to understand" about why Frank isn't/won't play, I'm going to go so mental it's going to make Midas Freaking Mulligan look like a choirboy!
Not sure I understand this attitude. He's not playing because he injured his calf.

*goes to make popcorn*

Enjoy that popcorn. 6 million dollars and a DP spot gone to someone who hasn't spent a single solitary second on the field for us. At this point, I don't give a fiddlers f*** what the excuse is, I've had it with him. What a waste! If that doesn't bother you, then clearly you don't really care too much about this team- and that's an attitude I don't understand.

I hope to God we aren't paying his salaries for all the games he is missing.

This all shows that neither CFG nor Lampard give a shit about optics. Frank is hurt? Ok, shit happens and we all should have had our fingers crossed regarding his health. He as well as the club and fans came up snake eyes.
I don't think he should have holed up in his apartment and hid because of his calf but again, optics. Is he and the club so obtuse as to allow him to go on what amounts to a sight seeing hee haw and yuk it up with the Chelsea boys night at Legends. Optics. For many of us, we have a filter that causes a light to go in in such moments.
I am going to cheer for whoever is on the pitch, whenever they play because I want to win, make the playoffs and go for a cup. Unfortunately, situations like this leave the supporters holding the bag when it comes to defending the club and trying to bring new soccer fans into the fold who ask "What's the story with Lampard?"

Reactions: Username
The bottom line is that when we heard Lampard was extending his time at Manchester City what did we all say was the number one concern with him when we would eventually join us? That's right MATCH FITNESS! What a horror show this is. I understand injuries happen but this is one of the reasons we were so upset in the first place.

I never bought season tickets based on players, I got them day one before we had a roster, but for anyone that might have bought them in hopes of seeing Lampard play, guess what, you're shit out of luck as now he will appear for us a maximum of six times at home. The whole thing is a disgrace.

You have to understand, when they stole Frank, the crap they were telling us included:

"You should be excited, he'll be coming to your club a Premier League champion."
-They didn't win shit.

"You should be excited, when he comes back to you guys he'll be in tremendous shape and PL-sharp!"
-Injured for a month after his month vacation. No way he'll be that effective against guys in midseason shape right now.

One of our major concerns when they finally announced the theft was that he is 37 and was supposed to play from August 2014 to December 2015. His body will breakdown...and it's happening.

Reminds me how much Dempsey struggled his first half season and he was only 29, Lampard is 37.

22 of 34. That first number is getting awfully close to that second number for one of the highest paid players in the entire league...

Last edited:
When Frank and Pirlo were here for the Red Bull game I told Frank by the tunnel, "I expect big things from you." Likely playing his first game for us in August is pretty big, so props to Lampard.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Have no fear, next home game Frank will magically be fit again. Trust me. I guarantee it. Well almost guarantee it unless he gets hurt again. But the money grubbing club just wants to squeeze as much cash out of the fans as possible. Pirlo this weekend. Frank's debut the following weekend. Two games you can open more seats opposed to one grand game, why not have 2 grand games! Anything these guys can do to make an extra dollar, they'll do it.

My issue now is with club PR. What is his injury? What is the timeline? How far along is he? Same with Shelton and Seba. And George John for that matter.

Joe Girardi is on WFAN once a week discussing injuries and timelines.