Frank Lampard Out Vs Orlando

So he played a full season injury free, after a relatively injury free career, gets injured training with NYC and its Manchester's fault. Riiiiiiiigght
He got injured while with Manchester, in a friendly against Hamburg in the Mid-East, actually.

Let's say you're right, you're wrong, but let's say you're right. That means I can only blame Manchester for a measly 19 games missed rather than all 22. I guess Manchester's hands are clean.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
So he played a full season injury free, after a relatively injury free career, gets injured training with NYC and its Manchester's fault. Riiiiiiiigght
Since you are obviously new to these forums I'll forgive you your ignorance this time. The angst that you see represented here has nothing to do with he fact he is injured. We get it. People get injured. The problem is he signed (supposedly) with NYCFC in January to play the entire season then left for MCFC. We were sold a bill of goods and have every reason to be pissed off! Now when he is finally here we have this to add insult to injury!! pun intended. You need to know a little of the history here before you can start to cast aspersions.

Rant over. Carry on.

He got injured while with Manchester, in a friendly against Hamburg in the Mid-East, actually.

Let's say you're right, you're wrong, but let's say you're right. That means I can only blame Manchester for a measly 19 games missed rather than all 22. I guess Manchester's hands are clean.
Injured with Manchester yet trained with NYCFC. Blame Kreis for bringing him back too soon then. Either way, your obsession is only going to make you more upset. Like I said, I choose to support those who are playing. Lampard doesn't exist for me at the moment. Simple.

I would hardly say "he played", but he was training full time- and then he took a month off. Then he came into a team in midseason form and pushed himself too hard to get to match fitness. Didn't take a genius to see what was going to happen.
You can choose to support the players who are on the pitch or obsess over those who aren't. I choose the former.
HE'S A 6 MILLION DOLLAR DP. The absence of a DP is hurting the players on the pitch! This ain't rocket science- he's taking up a valuable DP spot, and a sizable chunk of our salary cap. You better believe that hurts the rest of the team!

Since you are obviously new to these forums I'll forgive you your ignorance this time. The angst that you see represented here has nothing to do with he fact he is injured. We get it. People get injured. The problem is he signed (supposedly) with NYCFC in January to play the entire season then left for MCFC. We were sold a bill of goods and have every reason to be pissed off! Now when he is finally here we have this to add insult to injury!! pun intended. You need to know a little of the history here before you can start to cast aspersions.

Rant over. Carry on.
Look, I understand. I remember Jeter getting injured 1st game of a Yankee season and being out for a while. Yes it was during a game, but it was game 1 of the season. Injuries happen. It sucks but it's part of sports. People are carrying on like there's some sort of conspiracy. That's simply not the case. Again, it pisses me off as well that he's not playing, but what can we do about it? Besides cry about it, nothing. That's why I choose to support those who are actually playing. No sense in crying over Lampard anymore. It won't change anything. Cheers.

You just refuse to get it. "Once he gets on the pitch"? Da fuq, we're approaching the point where the playoffs will be out of reach. Who cares what he does when he gets on the pitch if we're already out of contention??!

We said all along that it was too much for a 36 year old to play a full EPL season and then be expected to play here. We said it was inviting injury. We got tsked tsked for not knowing what we were talking about, called selfish for not wanting our star player to have his last moment of EPL glory, vilified for being drama queens...and yet here we are, and this guy won't be playing till AUGUST, if even then. Yet the same guy can trot around town with his old Chelsea buddies. Seriously, this is the guy you people worship? Unbelievable!

The problem is that 2nd and 3rd generation American's were brought up with a combo of WW2 stories of british resolve and monty python skits of the black knight trying to bite off a leg.
A calf injury keeping a Brit down for weeks stinks of coverup.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I would hardly say "he played", but he was training full time- and then he took a month off. Then he came into a team in midseason form and pushed himself too hard to get to match fitness. Didn't take a genius to see what was going to happen.

HE'S A 6 MILLION DOLLAR DP. The absence of a DP is hurting the players on the pitch! This ain't rocket science- he's taking up a valuable DP spot, and a sizable chunk of our salary cap. You better believe that hurts the rest of the team!
Kreis could manage Barcelona and still not make the playoffs

The problem is he signed (supposedly) with NYCFC in January to play the entire season then left for MCFC. We were sold a bill of goods and have every reason to be pissed off!
This whole thing hinges on that "supposedly." And the problem is we just don't know what actually happened. And I get that people are mad, on both sides of this. And it could've been anyone's "fault": Man City, NYCFC, CFG, Lampard, Kreis. But we just don't know what really happened.

A lot of people are saying it's some huge conspiracy, or at least that's how it appears to me. A lot of people are saying it's all Frank's fault, which seems equally odd to me. With no hard information to go on I can't seem to blame anyone for this mess, and some people think I'm nuts for that. Whatevs. And just because I happen to think Lampard will be a huge positive influence on this club once he's playing people have flamed me. Again, whatever.

Still going to the matches, still supporting the team. And still looking forward to seeing Lampard play. Was hoping that would've been in March though, now hoping for August.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
People are carrying on like there's some sort of conspiracy.

Publicly signed for NYCFC, good. Loaned out to Man City during MLS offseason, okay. (David Villa did the same thing with Melbourne FC.) On December 31 Frank Lampard's "loan" is extended to the end of the premier league season. Frank Lampard misses half of the MLS season. And is now injured and continues to miss time for NYCFC, hiss original "City" team. YOUR DAMN RIGHT THIS IS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST NYC FANS!

Reactions: Narrowback gal