French Ligue 1 2015/2016

PSG have partically always have had a gigantic fanbase, even before the Arab Group bought them they were easily the most supported team in France. That No History crap is made famous by Liverpool fans jealous there club is lagging by other clubs backed by wealthy groups. Let alone nobody every talks about Liverpool outspending everyone in the 1980s sorry for getting side tracked. Either way French Football is fun and the no history comment is lame.

PSG have partically always have had a gigantic fanbase, even before the Arab Group bought them they were easily the most supported team in France. That No History crap is made famous by Liverpool fans jealous there club is lagging by other clubs backed by wealthy groups. Let alone nobody every talks about Liverpool outspending everyone in the 1980s sorry for getting side tracked. Either way French Football is fun and the no history comment is lame.

Marseille have long been the most popular team in France and I'm pretty sure still are though PSG at this point are most likely the most popular outside of France.

Marseille have long been the most popular team in France and I'm pretty sure still are though PSG at this point are most likely the most popular outside of France.

Some surverys I saw had PSG with more fans at certain than times than OM. But you are right OM is the most supported club in France, PSG is #2. PSG has a loyal fanbase is my point all towards the top of fan support for a long time,not a fan of them at all. But now a days in football these clubs have fans all over the world thanks to Internet and tv among other things. People in Europe can forget how much the international revenues benefits there clubs mainly the PL clubs.

PSG are, of course, helped for support by being in the rather unusual position of being the only top flight club from their capital city - most capital cities in Europe have at least two or three teams of comparative size in the same league and competing for the support of the locals. In fact, Paris only has three professional football teams full stop. That's an incredibly low number for such a large city.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
PSG with 10 men managed to see off Lille 1-0 I had it on the telly while watching Rangers on my lap top. Kind of annoyed Monaco are on bein live tomorrow and Marseille tape delay.

PSG with 10 men managed to see off Lille 1-0 I had it on the telly while watching Rangers on my lap top. Kind of annoyed Monaco are on bein live tomorrow and Marseille tape delay.
That's the kind of quality match coverage that BeIn gives to teams other than Barcalona and Madrid.

I was watching an Atletico game this season and the crowd volume was muted, the announcers weren't even commenting on the game, and they randomly cut away for highlights of Barca every 10-15 minutes.

Marseille lose opener 1-0 and Bielsa quit during the post game press conference. What a complete shit. I know he has a rep for being crazy and the management haven't had a good off season losing key players but there was plenty of time to have stepped down and left them time to bring in a new manager before the season kicked off. also he did it at press conference before telling any of the players .

Holy shit really! I watched the game. Caen's goal was a beauty. I saw him storm off to the locker rooms but wtf he quit at the press conference? That's wild.

Marseille lose opener 1-0 and Bielsa quit during the post game press conference. What a complete shit. I know he has a rep for being crazy and the management haven't had a good off season losing key players but there was plenty of time to have stepped down and left them time to bring in a new manager before the season kicked off. also he did it at press conference before telling any of the players .
His nickname is "Loco" or in English "crazy"

Mathiu Valbuena to Lyon. Mixed feeling one my favorite players when he was with Marseille hate to see him with a rival but better than wasting in the Russian league. Should help them a bit in CL and challenging PSG (which I have to admit they are more likely to do than Marseille this year)

Mathiu Valbuena to Lyon. Mixed feeling one my favorite players when he was with Marseille hate to see him with a rival but better than wasting in the Russian league. Should help them a bit in CL and challenging PSG (which I have to admit they are more likely to do than Marseille this year)
Has Marseille been primarily selling players to other European leagues as of late? I read a bleacher report article on the subject and I wanted to hear what a fan of the team had to say.

Well Marseille are in a bad situation of being owned by someone who inherited the team and doesn't really care.

Well Marseille are in a bad situation of being owned by someone who inherited the team and doesn't really care.
Wouldn't they just sell the team to someone else? I don't understand the kinds of people who own teams when they don't care about football.

Wouldn't they just sell the team to someone else? I don't understand the kinds of people who own teams when they don't care about football.

Depends. A lot of people see football teams as cash cows, to make them a steady stream of money by selling players constantly and buying for peanuts, and if the team in 5 years' time ends up in a lower division then who cares, that's the point at which you sell up. Others see it as a prestige symbol, something which enhances their reputation in the business world and makes them more money that way. In a handful of cases - such as Katherine Liebherr at Southampton, I think - they feel honour-bound to keep the team because their father loved it so much, even though they personally don't give two hoots.

In Marseille's case it's a widow inheriting the team from her husband who cared quite a bit. I don't want to come off sexist there are good female owners out there I think Anne Budge is doing really good with Hearts but Margarita Louis Dreyfus should not be running a football team.

First match under Michel and Marseille win 6-0 it was against poor opposition and I've not seen it yet as it was concurrent to us getting dismantled by the Galaxy but def a welcome improvement on the first two weeks.

had a chance to look wish I'd watched this instead of us this afternoon lol

Last edited:
Great bounce back from L'OM 4-1 win over Bastia after a regression before the break. Still only 2-3 on the year but I think Michel knows what he's doing and there's a lot of talent on this team but the manager change and lots of player turn over means it's taking a little time to mesh. Title might be out of reach with the stumble but 2nd or 3rd and CL spot doable IMO.

Feeling liking I'm talking to myself here. I thought we had some PSG fans I could at least banter with a bit ? LOL. Marseille -Lyon was nuts today. Reasonably satisfied with a 1-1 draw achieved coming from behind while down to 10 men but much of the spectacle was from off the field. I guess I won't be wearing the Valbuena shirt I bought when I was in Marseille a few years ago any time soon. He got beyond a hostile reception not just boos but thrown objects and when the crowd felt that the officiating was all against L'OM, Penalty, red card, not given penalty with a yellow for diving the bottles began flying in the direction of the ref, Valbuena, Lyon keeper etc. causing a 23 min stoppage.

Feeling liking I'm talking to myself here. I thought we had some PSG fans I could at least banter with a bit ? LOL. Marseille -Lyon was nuts today. Reasonably satisfied with a 1-1 draw achieved coming from behind while down to 10 men but much of the spectacle was from off the field. I guess I won't be wearing the Valbuena shirt I bought when I was in Marseille a few years ago any time soon. He got beyond a hostile reception not just boos but thrown objects and when the crowd felt that the officiating was all against L'OM, Penalty, red card, not given penalty with a yellow for diving the bottles began flying in the direction of the ref, Valbuena, Lyon keeper etc. causing a 23 min stoppage.

You're not alone here! I had that game taped and saw what happened as I was fast forwarding through it. (Don't have to time to watch all I want to so I have to condense it!) Never a good thing to see police in riot gear at a game. The issue of security was brought up since this venue is hosting some of the Euro 2016 games. I have a soft spot for Marseille given what they went through at the start of the season. It was sad to see this happen in their stadium.

I adore PSG and was thrilled to see them play at Red Bulls Arena in July. I was proudly wearing my PSG Historique #Quadruplé scarf in honor of them making history by winning all four domestic trophies. Were you there? :D

Last edited:
Police in riot gear can definitely be off putting. I've been to the Velodrome 4 times and this did happen once though it was a Europe league match and a promise you it was the Fenerbache fans instigating on that occasion. The passion for football in Marseille is as intense as any city in the world and with it being a fairly large city with only one club the passions run high. I understand the feeling of bitterness at Valbuena for going to their second most major rival and the feeling of not getting the calls but you of course can not do what they did. I hope they get off with a fine and maybe one match behind closed doors. There's been talk of point docking which I hate to see happen to any team especially one I support over off the field matters.

I did not. If OM ever come to the states or even Montreal I'd try to go. I don't absolutely hate PSG despite the rivalry as it's largely an ingrained city thing Marseille VS Paris which despite the time I've spent in Marseille being a non FrenchMan I can't fully appreciate or understand but I don't go out of my way to root for them either.

You're not alone here! I had that game taped and saw what happened as I was fast forwarding through it. (Don't have to time to watch all I want to so I have to condense it!) Never a good thing to see police in riot gear at a game. The issue of security was brought up since this venue is hosting some of the Euro 2016 games. I have a soft spot for Marseille given what they went through at the start of the season. It was sad to see this happen in their stadium.

I adore PSG and was thrilled to see them play at Red Bulls Arena in July. I was proudly wearing my PSG Historique #Quadruplé scarf in honor of them making history by winning all four domestic trophies. Were you there? :D