Friday offtopic

Probably the same as 2k members deleting their under-rep'd posts. Gonna be some choppy threads out there that take some interesting leaps in the discussion.
Would have never even occurred to me. Now I want to see if there's a surge (or decline) in likes given out in the next few days...

Reactions: Goodfella
It's what everyone on this forum think of me ! Truth!! I find it strange I'v loaded nothing but criticism towards a certain person I get no response of Wow or what you say is right? Look at what i said to FootyLovin FootyLovin on the Play Off thread and the Reyna thread nothing from not even you ! The Play Off is here . There's so much ridding on this Team ! I'v been thinking This Will Be Andrea's finest hour Goodfella Goodfella ! All bets are off for being stupid !! This is Heart attack time ! This will be the most Important Games of Andrea's Career ! All the glory from the past is the past ! I guess I'm the only one who thinks this ? All I know is that for All The Shit that's been thrown at me by people you who like me and others I'm very Serious about theses games !! and Mr Pirlo's not getting a pass on Shit no matter how much I feel for him ! STEP UP ANDREA !! NYCFC LET'S DO THIS FUCKIN THING !!!

we got this!

Would have never even occurred to me. Now I want to see if there's a surge (or decline) in likes given out in the next few days...
Likes wouldn't change but the ratio would improve.

Reactions: joe
Likes wouldn't change but the ratio would improve.
No, I understand. We're talking about opposite ends of it. You suggested deleting one's own posts to improve one's ratio, which made me wonder if people will now give out more likes (helping other people's ratios) or fewer.

No, I understand. We're talking about opposite ends of it. You suggested deleting one's own posts to improve one's ratio, which made me wonder if people will now give out more likes (helping other people's ratios) or fewer.
untitled.png

Yes & yes. Or probably just make somebody think twice about posting meaningless banter & quips that they know won't garner any likes.....

Reactions: FootyLovin
Would be interesting to know which thread averages the most likes per post. My money is on the stadium thread.

Reactions: adam
Yes & yes. Or probably just make somebody think twice about posting meaningless banter & quips that they know won't garner any likes.....
This may sound silly, but I've always actually done that. Not so much for my ratio, but just to keep myself (mostly) honest about contributing value rather than blathering.

wonder if people will now give out more likes (helping other people's ratios) or fewer.
Here's where we really miss mgarbowski mgarbowski. So much possible analysis.
  • Likes given to likes received for each member
  • Highest correlation of likes given between 2 specific forum members
  • Most uneven relationship between 2 forum members
This could spawn a whole cottage industry.

I also want a regression analysis on likes and ignores.

I just try to stick to the same standards that I use in every day speech: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it useful? Or is it just too damn funny/quick witted to keep to myself.

I decided to remove the filter. We're in the playoffs, we've achieved so much in 2 years and at this point RBNY is an afterthought. I admit it was immature to allow a word of all things to come between me and another member. I took it a bit personally due to the nature of the post. However with how much this team has achieved in such a short time and the bright future ahead it's only right to remove the filter and not even give our neighbors the satisfaction of knowing we even remotely think of them.
For some time I was trying to find a way to allow members to bypass it but had no success.
If mgarbowski mgarbowski wants to return, as I mentioned in the PM to him when this all happened, he's more than welcome to with no love lost.

I decided to remove the filter. We're in the playoffs, we've achieved so much in 2 years and at this point RBNY is an afterthought. I admit it was immature to allow a word of all things to come between me and another member. I took it a bit personally due to the nature of the post. However with how much this team has achieved in such a short time and the bright future ahead it's only right to remove the filter and not even give our neighbors the satisfaction of knowing we even remotely think of them.
For some time I was trying to find a way to allow members to bypass it but had no success.
If mgarbowski mgarbowski wants to return, as I mentioned in the PM to him when this all happened, he's more than welcome to with no love lost.
That is huge of you Dan.
44427016.jpg

Make your first post back a good one mgarbowski mgarbowski

Surely it's no coincidence that NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan removes the RB filter & offers a fig leaf in a thread discussing Likes Ratios..... hmmm.....

Yeah!!!!! Now can you share your reconciliation techniques with PV and a certain midfielder with fabulous hair?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hey guys. I'll break the hiatus for one post. First to thank everyone for all the kind words. I checked in yesterday afternoon to see about 5-6 Alerts which was quite confusing and turned out to be a very nice surprise. Second to thank Dan for personally inviting me back in a private message, which was really quite gracious not just in substance but tone.
The reasons for leaving -- which I did a horrendous job of explaining -- still pertain. And I won't revisit that topic except to clarify that this was never a personal thing or feud between Dan and me and was not based on pique, spite or anger -- although I was angry at the time which is probably why I explained myself so poorly.
Plus for now I'm enjoying getting about 80% of the benefits of the forums with 5% of the work. Yes I'm a free-rider but I think I still have a positive balance on that account over time so I don't feel guilty.

I am going to try very hard to make the forums meet-up (more likely if it's one of the weeknights than the weekend) and if that works out I will gladly share toasts with anyone.
Let's go Blue!
PS: I was -- probably to nobody's surprise -- one of the 8 votes for CCL in that current poll.
Cheers!

Last edited: