Friday offtopic

I decided to remove the filter. We're in the playoffs, we've achieved so much in 2 years and at this point RBNY is an afterthought. I admit it was immature to allow a word of all things to come between me and another member. I took it a bit personally due to the nature of the post. However with how much this team has achieved in such a short time and the bright future ahead it's only right to remove the filter and not even give our neighbors the satisfaction of knowing we even remotely think of them.
For some time I was trying to find a way to allow members to bypass it but had no success.
If mgarbowski wants to return, as I mentioned in the PM to him when this all happened, he's more than welcome to with no love lost.
You should autocorrect mgarbowski handle to bwgarboski.

*sniff, sniff*

It just feels so good to have you back.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hey guys. I'll break the hiatus for one post. First to thank everyone for all the kind words. I checked in yesterday afternoon to see about 5-6 Alerts which was quite confusing and turned out to be a very nice surprise. Second to thank Dan for personally inviting me back in a private message, which was really quite gracious not just in substance but tone.
The reasons for leaving -- which I did a horrendous job of explaining -- still pertain. And I won't revisit that topic except to clarify that this was never a personal thing or feud between Dan and me and was not based on pique, spite or anger -- although I was angry at the time which is probably why I explained myself so poorly.
Plus for now I'm enjoying getting about 80% of the benefits of the forums with 5% of the work. Yes I'm a free-rider but I think I still have a positive balance on that account over time so I don't feel guilty.

I am going to try very hard to make the forums meet-up (more likely if it's one of the weeknights than the weekend) and if that works out I will gladly share toasts with anyone.
Let's go Blue!
PS: I was -- probably to nobody's surprise -- one of the 8 votes for CCL in that current poll.
Cheers!
Intern just peed themself.

Very good to hear from you.

giphy.gif

Hey guys. I'll break the hiatus for one post. First to thank everyone for all the kind words. I checked in yesterday afternoon to see about 5-6 Alerts which was quite confusing and turned out to be a very nice surprise. Second to thank Dan for personally inviting me back in a private message, which was really quite gracious not just in substance but tone.
The reasons for leaving -- which I did a horrendous job of explaining -- still pertain. And I won't revisit that topic except to clarify that this was never a personal thing or feud between Dan and me and was not based on pique, spite or anger -- although I was angry at the time which is probably why I explained myself so poorly.
Plus for now I'm enjoying getting about 80% of the benefits of the forums with 5% of the work. Yes I'm a free-rider but I think I still have a positive balance on that account over time so I don't feel guilty.

I am going to try very hard to make the forums meet-up (more likely if it's one of the weeknights than the weekend) and if that works out I will gladly share toasts with anyone.
Let's go Blue!
PS: I was -- probably to nobody's surprise -- one of the 8 votes for CCL in that current poll.
Cheers!
Class.

Satisfaction rating is up to 2.1
Thanks guys!

Reactions: joe
Probably the same as 2k members deleting their under-rep'd posts. Gonna be some choppy threads out there that take some interesting leaps in the discussion.
No lol. Only I can permanently delete.
sooooo, whats your policy on taking bribes?

Anywho, on this topic, I one time posted something thinking i found a gem of a link and i was excited to share. Then I realized a guy above posted the same link... like 3 months earlier. whoops! Unfortunately I couldn't hide my shame.

sooooo, whats your policy on taking bribes?

Anywho, on this topic, I one time posted something thinking i found a gem of a link and i was excited to share. Then I realized a guy above posted the same link... like 3 months earlier. whoops! Unfortunately I couldn't hide my shame.
Pretty sure you can delete your own posts. But you can't permanently delete them. I still see a hidden post there. Other members do not.

Pretty sure you can delete your own posts. But you can't permanently delete them. I still see a hidden post there. Other members do not.
this is a new development. I am quit sure that wasn't there at the time.

And with that piece of info, the Great Delete Charrette hits the Forums....

Tomorrow there will be 20 new members with better than a 2:1 ratio.....

Reactions: Goodfella
And with that piece of info, the Great Delete Charrette hits the Forums....

Tomorrow there will be 20 new members with better than a 2:1 ratio.....
That's what I explained above. You can delete but you can't permanently delete. Thus it won't change your post count.

Reactions: Ulrich