Gerrard Rumored To The Red Bulls

Are we sure that Gerrard would even want to play in MLS? Personally, I'd rather he didn't come over here. It's only gonna help build the "retirement league" persona that MLS wants to get rid of.

Selfishly I want the opportunity to watch him play live.

Reactions: Kjbert
Why would he ever sign with the cosmos? What is the attraction of a team that's not in the top league?
Personally I think that sort of rumor is due more to the naivete of the British media towards the game in the US than any sort concrete information. Foreigners see that "Cosmos" name and they think back 30 years ago when that name actually meant something.

Hell, there was even a rumor floating around last year that Senna had no idea he was signing with a Div II team.

Reactions: einwindir
Personally I think that sort of rumor is due more to the naivete of the British media towards the game in the US than any sort concrete information. Foreigners see that "Cosmos" name and they think back 30 years ago when that name actually meant something.

Hell, there was even a rumor floating around last year that Senna had no idea he was signing with a Div II team.

It's not naivete. British football fans are well aware that the Cosmos are no longer a top US club, as is the media. The press when they released that story knew exactly what they were doing, and they were probably doing it to try to wind up Liverpool fans.

It's not naivete. British football fans are well aware that the Cosmos are no longer a top US club, as is the media. The press when they released that story knew exactly what they were doing, and they were probably doing it to try to wind up Liverpool fans.
Several times British media has linked numerous players with Cosmos only to learn later they were all MLS rumors not nasl. It's not planned it's lazy.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Toronto FC: home of midfielders who never met NT expectations.

As a Liverpool supporter, I find this to be complete shit all around. I don't want to see him play anywhere else. Honestly, I don't really love seeing him play for LFC right now. He managed to age 10 years in one offseason. Reminds me of when I got married a couple of years ago - my body just gave up. Gained about 15 pounds in a month and started getting gray hairs. That's right, for me and Stevie G, age comes incrementally

Last edited:
Toronto FC: home of midfielders who never met NT expectations.

As a Liverpool supporter, I find this to be complete shit all around. I don't want to see him play anywhere else. Honestly, I don't really love seeing him play for LFC right now. He managed to age 10 years in one offseason. Reminds me of when I got married a couple of years ago - my body just gave up. Gained about 15 pounds in a month and started getting gray hairs. That's right, for me and Stevie G, age comes incrementally
Not a huge surprise. Once you know you've played your last WC, it seems players often fall off the map real quick. Sometimes they bounce back a bit, sometimes they never do.
As for you, your life basically ended a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, i'll be joining you next year!

Not a huge surprise. Once you know you've played your last WC, it seems players often fall off the map real quick. Sometimes they bounce back a bit, sometimes they never do.
As for you, your life basically ended a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, i'll be joining you next year!
Enjoy your last cup run. Bang a few home for us old guys. Your poaching days are soon to be over.

Ps - I'm talking about getting laid.