Are The Red Bulls Going To Sell?

Ahab_Flanders Ahab_Flanders good point abuot Marsch only being on a one year deal. I forgot about that. I wonder if Roxborough saw this all coming and said F it.

MagnusPax MagnusPax with all these billionaires, I hope they one day pull a Phil Anschutz/Lamar Hunt and say we're committed to losing a lot of money in the short term, but we're going to go out and buy the best players in the world over the next 5 years, knowing that 60,000 people will show up every night to see Cristiano Ronaldo play here.

MagnusPax MagnusPax with all these billionaires, I hope they one day pull a Phil Anschutz/Lamar Hunt and say we're committed to losing a lot of money in the short term, but we're going to go out and buy the best players in the world over the next 5 years, knowing that 60,000 people will show up every night to see Cristiano Ronaldo play here.
Doesn't always work like that though. Look at City, although their fans say differently, compared to other older, more historic clubs with similar levels of star players, they don't sell nearly as many tickets.

The US is all about super stars. Pele, Jordan, Manning, etc.

You put stars on the field, people show up.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
The US is all about super stars. Pele, Jordan, Manning, etc.

You put stars on the field, people show up.
Broncos sold more tickets the year before Manning joined, but I get what you mean. I just think it will take more than that to be honest. Over time yeah, probably, but it won't happen over night.

So this is odd. The guy who controls bWin (Real Madrid sponsor) has been toying with investing in a MLS club in Vegas. Turns out he is a New Yorker and a Red Bulls fan.

Friday he apparently gave money to RB supporters who are going to put up a Pro-Petke billboard. Then when NYRB supporters tweeted him about buying RB, he informed them (and the world) that he had already bid on it (remember Wahl said someone offered to buy them last year?) and that he is still interested in buying NYRB (and apparently the Cosmos).

Odd right?

Apparently PSG(!) came sniffing around but RB said they weren't interested.

I'm conflicted about how I feel about that...

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm not. If they sell it should be to someone like Ader. We don't need two foreign team controlled teams here.
Man, if that guy gets involved and pulls off a merger (or not, frankly), NYCFC better have an SSS set to break ground or CFG NYC might be DOA. It would be really hard for a lot of folks not to get behind a truly home-based effort like that.

Man, if that guy gets involved and pulls off a merger (or not, frankly), NYCFC better have an SSS set to break ground or CFG NYC might be DOA. It would be really hard for a lot of folks not to get behind a truly home-based effort like that.
Then again if the make believe Cosmos end up in Jersey (how great would that be?) NYCFC can always take over that epic 400 bazillion dollar project :rolleyes: out there in Elmont which all at the same time is and isn't part of NYC........and yes, that is indeed what we call sarcasm for those of you West of the Hudson River.

Red Bull GmbH saying they're not selling doesn't mean anything. If they really were then they wouldn't want it to be public knowledge, the fans would stop supporting and that would depreciate the club's value.

For those hoping not to have PSG buy, I think it would be good because they would rename the club and probably pump more money into it.

Bad for us, but good for MLS overall. Obviously not as good as Ader but still an upgrade.

If someone buys them and returns them to MetroStars then I wonder if we see an exodus of supporters who came over to NYCFC due to Red Bull ownership. It seems to be a key complaint of a lot of former Red Bull supporters that they are angry due to the rebranding.

friend of mine dropped the red bulls entirely after they fired petke. he claims that he will now support NYCFC.. we shall see.

I hope Psg does buy them. Foreign investment in the league is good.

But ader would be better.

Same conflict as we have. Why would CFG buy a guy like Wes Sneijder for us when the "parent club" could use him

I'm interested to see how this whole saga unfolds.

I would hope that the team would get some owners who are committed to putting quality winning football on the pitch. However, as far as I know RBNY might not even be for sale.

They really should sell and give the team and potential new owners an opportunity to rebrand. Their already weak attendance is only going to get worse with people switching to NYCFC and this whole Petke nonsense is not making things any better. Too many negative connotations surround the Red Bull name at this point.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10