Greetings From Iowa!

cardinal511

Registered
Jul 7, 2014
Iowa City, Iowa
Hey everyone, as the title suggests, I'm from Iowa (live in Burlington, attend college in Cedar Rapids), and unlike most here, I have no real connection to New York. I began following soccer casually during the 2010 World Cup, and, sadly enough, Fifa video games helped my interest grow. After completing a career mode with Southampton, I began following them in the Premier League, and also began following other European leagues and watching the MLS occasionally.

Soon, watching MLS with no team to support grew slightly boring, though, and I wanted to support a team. The closest clubs to me were Chicago and Kansas City, but Chicago doesn't have any players that interest me, and Kansas City is already on top, and I don't want to be a bandwagon fan, so I was still searching. About the same time, NYCFC came out with their logo, and I decided that following a club from the very beginning would be great, since that's something that rarely happens, and I get to see the club built from the ground up.

So now, I hope to become active on these forums to 1. help expand my knowledge and interest in the club and the sport in general, and 2. grow my passion for the club.

Hey everyone, as the title suggests, I'm from Iowa (live in Burlington, attend college in Cedar Rapids), and unlike most here, I have no real connection to New York. I began following soccer casually during the 2010 World Cup, and, sadly enough, Fifa video games helped my interest grow. After completing a career mode with Southampton, I began following them in the Premier League, and also began following other European leagues and watching the MLS occasionally.

Soon, watching MLS with no team to support grew slightly boring, though, and I wanted to support a team. The closest clubs to me were Chicago and Kansas City, but Chicago doesn't have any players that interest me, and Kansas City is already on top, and I don't want to be a bandwagon fan, so I was still searching. About the same time, NYCFC came out with their logo, and I decided that following a club from the very beginning would be great, since that's something that rarely happens, and I get to see the club built from the ground up.

So now, I hope to become active on these forums to 1. help expand my knowledge and interest in the club and the sport in general, and 2. grow my passion for the club.

You picked a good team. Glad to have you here.

What is it like in Iowa?