Home - August 24 - New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wanna convince the FO to wait for kickoff until 8:30 so all the Jewish fans can tune in? :p

Honestly I hate how our home saturday kickoffs are always right before sundown so the games end just when the sabbath ends.
Ok, explain this to me, since I don’t observe, but if those that do observe have a workaround to use the oven by leaving it running for hours and hours beforehand, why can’t you turn on your TV tonight and leave it on until the game? A loophole for one seems like a loophole for the other.

Ok, explain this to me, since I don’t observe, but if those that do observe have a workaround to use the oven by leaving it running for hours and hours beforehand, why can’t you turn on your TV tonight and leave it on until the game? A loophole for one seems like a loophole for the other.

Different Jews observe their religion differently. My grandparents used to put tape over the light fixtures so they could leave them on during the High Holidays, but other people wouldn't even think of turning or keeping a light on. It's all about how you observe.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I'm feeling more and more confident about this game under the condition that Parks is starting. He should be well-rested, at the least. I think of it this way: we've seen how well he can be in protecting the ball and turning to find a wingback or Maxi, and his availability as a big outlet for the "back three". NJ will press and Keaton should see a ton of the ball when we're playing out of the back or hitting them on the counter. His ball protection and ability to get the ball wide, carry into space or or play a safe ball have improved greatly over the course of the season. I think he isn't just a key, but THE key to winning.

I'm feeling more and more confident about this game under the condition that Parks is starting. He should be well-rested, at the least. I think of it this way: we've seen how well he can be in protecting the ball and turning to find a wingback or Maxi, and his availability as a big outlet for the "back three". NJ will press and Keaton should see a ton of the ball when we're playing out of the back or hitting them on the counter. His ball protection and ability to get the ball wide, carry into space or or play a safe ball have improved greatly over the course of the season. I think he isn't just a key, but THE key to winning.

I agree. I just hope Sean and our backs don't wuss out and start launching long balls. I think both Parks and Maxi will both show for the ball often. Our backs need to be confident enough to play them even if they aren't WIDE open. The confidence that they will keep the ball and move it onto the next best place needs to be there. if we start launching long balls, we're done for.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

I think we still go as Maxi does but Parks keeps Maxi further upfield where we need him. Over the last couple of years is there a bigger indicator that we're in trouble than when Maxi starts dropping super deep to pick up the ball because it's been stuck in the back due to Ring's limited distribution skills?

Reactions: The Toe
I did that for champion's league final bc i was in san francisco and had a tv.
...we don't have a tv so i can't do that :)
That's the only reason.
I stream games online and you can't stream that far in advance

Different Jews observe their religion differently. My grandparents used to put tape over the light fixtures so they could leave them on during the High Holidays, but other people wouldn't even think of turning or keeping a light on. It's all about how you observe.
true, but I'm not that lol

Reactions: SoupInNYC

It’s maarit eyin, which means it gives the wrong impression of committing a sin when you’re actually not. Technically, any electronic device left on before Shabbos should remain on, as it’s a sin to turn it off. Since it’s not common practice to leave the TV on, a passerby may assume you’ve committed a sin if you they see you watching. Moreover, you may forget it’s Shabbos and change the channel or volume. If you want a fuller explanation, I suggest contacting your local orthodox rabbi. ;)

Injury Report | Three Out; Two Questionable for Red Bulls

Joe Scally (hip) - OUT
James Sands (collarbone) - OUT
Ismael Tajouri-Shradi (ankle) - OUT
Ebenezer Ofori (knee) - QUESTIONABLE
Valentin Castellanos (cold) - QUESTIONABLE

Joe Scally (hip) - OUT

Taty questionable because of a cold. That’s some Bill Belichick type shit right there.

We'll have to see how his cold progresses today and overnight. players play with colds and/or worse all the time. i would imagine if it's just a cold, he's on the field and will just need an early sub. load the man up with vitamin C and fluids!

no cold is gonna keep EL ANIMALITO DOWN!

Honestly, it's a very odd time of year to have a cold, but I have coworkers coughing up a storm and even I felt like I had a little runny nose (haven't had a cold in a few years), so something is up.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

Joe Scally (hip) - OUT

A cold? stop blasting those AC's at max power at the training center.

EDIT: just give him some Orange Juice and a extra vitamin C boost he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.