Home game vs Houston being moved to Hartford, CT

I'm up here just north of Hartford and I have been seeing ads on Facebook all day for this game. Maybe they are starting a last minute push for ticket sales.

Good, but hopefully this has been going on since the day they announced...

Reactions: Kjbert
Would have been far better for optics than their pseudo-cheerful "Experience the game as you never have before" stunt though :)

EXACTLY like when I talked to my rep about the ticket selection process and she goes "and it's a great way to try out a new seat..." WE PLAY IN A BASEBALL STADIUM! EVERY SEAT WILL BE A NEW SEAT THAT DOESN'T TRANSLATE!

Watch party at Pratt & Whitney Stadium, will start around 3pm. 5k of your closest friends!
"Experience the game as you never have before"
It's probably going to be super weird to be sitting with 5,000 of my closest friends on one side of the stadium and staring into the totally empty other side of the stadium. Never experienced that before, that's for sure.

They could have done better marketing this from the beginning. An apology, followed by setting up and selling a fun tailgate atmosphere and emphasizing the ability to get great seats at a great price in a soccer friendly stadium

All of those things are good reasons to take a flyer and travel to the game. Now, however, the momentum is firmly against going. I have thought about trying to make it since I think the tailgating will be fun, but the atmosphere in the stadium will probably be depressing, and I have no idea what the tailgate plans are. If I thought there would be 12,000 plus at the game, I would probably go, and I bet there are at least 12,000 other people who think the same thing.

They could have done better marketing this from the beginning. An apology, followed by setting up and selling a fun tailgate atmosphere and emphasizing the ability to get great seats at a great price in a soccer friendly stadium

All of those things are good reasons to take a flyer and travel to the game. Now, however, the momentum is firmly against going. I have thought about trying to make it since I think the tailgating will be fun, but the atmosphere in the stadium will probably be depressing, and I have no idea what the tailgate plans are. If I thought there would be 12,000 plus at the game, I would probably go, and I bet there are at least 12,000 other people who think the same thing.
TR has tailgate plans: https://www.facebook.com/events/494541724244538

I think the atmosphere is always going to be a function of one's own disposition and effort, in addition to external factors. There's just gonna be more of an emphasis on that with less people around. I'm hoping to contribute.

TR has tailgate plans: https://www.facebook.com/events/494541724244538

I think the atmosphere is always going to be a function of one's own disposition and effort, in addition to external factors. There's just gonna be more of an emphasis on that with less people around. I'm hoping to contribute.

And I am giving major props and respect to everyone that goes. I am hoping for the best in that regard. For me to commit 7+ hours of a weekend day to get up there and back for a game is going to require domestic capital (i.e. begging Dr. Mrs. G) that I am not going to expend to sit in a mostly empty stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert and CatNYC
And I am giving major props and respect to everyone that goes. I am hoping for the best in that regard. For me to commit 7+ hours of a weekend day to get up there and back for a game is going to require domestic capital (i.e. begging Dr. Mrs. G) that I am not going to expend to sit in a mostly empty stadium.
Wow, just got a robocall from the club reminding me that the match is moved to Hartford, my season tickets were refunded, I can buy tickets to the relocated match, etc. Thursday at 4:30, in plenty of time for me to decide to go (was already going though).

Wow, just got a robocall from the club reminding me that the match is moved to Hartford, my season tickets were refunded, I can buy tickets to the relocated match, etc. Thursday at 4:30, in plenty of time for me to decide to go (was already going though).
That's what that was, I got a call but the call ended after two rings and there was no message.

That's what that was, I got a call but the call ended after two rings and there was no message.

strange, they left me a voicemail:

"Reminder: New York City FC's home game against the Houston Dynamo this Saturday, September 23rd has been relocated from Yankee Stadium to Pratt at Whitney Stadium in East Hartford, Connecticut. Kickoff will remain at 3PM and gates open at 2PM. Your tickets for the game originally scheduled at Yankee Stadium are no longer valid and have been refunded or exchanged. If you would like to purchase tickets for the game at Hartford please visit nycfc.com/hartford or call 855-77NYCFC. City members are still eligible to get tickets at their specially discounted member price. We apologize for any inconvenience this change in venue may have caused and appreciate your continued support."

Last edited:

No call, no voicemail. I guess they spread around the call times.