Home game vs Houston being moved to Hartford, CT

I was going to miss this anyway, as we'll be on a family road trip taking our daughter on a college visit. I almost put in a ticket transfer to get 2 extra tix for Houston this morning. But I think even if it affected me I'd not be too upset. We share with the Yankees -- which as I've repeatedly noted -- is the worst thing about playing at YS, and our needs always come second. I kind of figured this would happen eventually.

I was just informed this morning by the FO that due to unforeseen circumstances, the home game that was scheduled for 9/23 has been moved away from Yankee Stadium to Pratt & Whitney/Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT. Season ticket holders should receive an e-mail with additional information. Here are some key things specific to those of us in the supporters section:

- Game time will be 3 or 4 pm, depending on TV schedules.

- Seating will be in sections 110-113.

- Your season ticket cards WILL NOT be used for this game. You have the option to either get a refund on this single game or select another future date. Ticketmaster also will not work. You will need to purchase tickets from the Pratt & Whitney stadium ticket office.

- All tickets will be priced at reduced rates. You can anticipate approximately $15 supporter section tickets.

- The team is working on buses to the stadium for ALL fans. There will be a $10 reservation hold. Pickup locations will be at up to 9 different pub partners throughout the boroughs based on demand. TR will primarily be riding from St. Pat's at 22 W 46th St. You are welcome to ride from any location that is convenient for you however. Locations will be selected and communicated by the club.

- YES, we're working on smoke grenades.

- YES, we're looking to tailgate.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask. This isn't ideal but I choose to look at the positive. We have an opportunity to potentially get a "full experience" while we're out there. Details have to be ironed out but I'm working with the club to make it so that we can enjoy being there.

do you mind if i share this info on the other facebook supporters page... (you know where)

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I hope everybody requests a refund and not a transfer of tickets to a new game.

I would not be surprised if they didn't rent out RBA out of pride and spite. This is just spitting in the faces of their supporters.

Lampardgate was the low point for the club, but giving up a home game is the new low. This is a vomitously cruel nut kick.

Reactions: Questionable8
do you mind if i share this info on the other facebook supporters page... (you know where)

That's fine. If anyone has questions they are welcome to reach out. I'm fielding a bunch of questions and blowback but I will get to everyone. As I said before, this is NOT ideal but we can do something cool with a bad situation. Character is developed when shit isn't easy.

I hope everybody requests a refund and not a transfer of tickets to a new game.

I would not be surprised if they didn't rent out RBA out of pride and spite. This is just spitting in the faces of their supporters.

Lampardgate was the low point for the club, but giving up a home game is the new low. This is a vomitously cruel nut kick.

looks like if you don't trade in your tickets they'll be giving refunds automatically

https://www.nycfc.com/pratt-whitney-stadium-ticket-info/#citymembers

CITY MEMBERS will have the option to:
  1. Trade their tickets out from the September 23 match into another regular season match at Yankee Stadium. Trade-in requests must be completed by 11:59 pm on August 24 via https://www.nycfc.com/city-ticket-trade-in (trade-in will not count towards the four match limit.)
  2. Receive a refund. Any account not opting to trade their tickets to another match will be automatically refunded on August 25.
All City Members will also have the opportunity to attend the match at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at a special member price. Members will receive an email on August 25 with their unique code to secure tickets to the match at Pratt & Whitney Stadium.

Your Seasoncard will not be needed for this match. Discounts on concessions and merchandise have been applied for all fans in attendance.

All City Members will receive City Points for the September 23 match.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
That's it this is the FINAL STRAW. Yankee ownership needs to go. They're making Willets point 10x harder and now this bullshit. Rox I'm begging you, let the FO know that the supporters of this club will not tolerate this. Have everyone boycott every last game. I am fucking done with this.

Is it just me, or is this an overreaction to one regular season game? They are giving us the option to trade or refund, and I'm guessing their contract with the Yankees probably states that the Yankees take precedence during any situation like this. Calm down everyone.

As a season ticket holder since the first year i find this disgraceful no regard for the fans. I understand the issue with the yankees and they own the stadium so they do whatever they want but this is a disaster for NYCFC and future ticket renewals. I might not renew my 4 tickets next year and just buy the games I want even if it cost s little more. Very bad look for NYCFC.

All fans should get a refund let them play before an empty stadium.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD
Is it just me, or is this an overreaction to one regular season game? They are giving us the option to trade or refund, and I'm guessing their contract with the Yankees probably states that the Yankees take precedence during any situation like this. Calm down everyone.

yes and no... its not simply about one game being relocated, its about the situation as a whole with the yankees and yankee stadium, and that we still have no stadium news of our own.

Reactions: Ulrich
I find it hard to believe we couldn't get RB Arena some other day or even that day. They may be our arch enemy, but it's a path train away as opposed to charter buses.

I find it hard to believe we couldn't get RB Arena some other day or even that day. They may be our arch enemy, but it's a path train away as opposed to charter buses.

Could have totally spun this even better by moving it to Metlife, and even if it meant they were giving away tickets, get 60K people in there at any means necessary.

They could have at least picked a stadium on the metro north. I honestly can't believe that this was the best option available to them.

That's my problem with the situation, I assumed at some point we'd have a scheduling conflict like this but was the closest viable option really somewhere 100 miles away? Extremely inconvenient

Reactions: Kjbert