Home - March 17 - Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll be lucky to get a result here, but I'm still not sold on the LAFC defensive 6/7. A lot of what they love to do is get Vela or the wings touches 25-30 yards out and give them 1v1 opportunities to make a play, which can be much harder to do on our home field. We'll probably see something like what we did to Rooney with Vela and try to clog Rossi in the middle to minimize playing him through. Could see a bit of a high line here, too.

Again, I have no idea how Dome is going to attack this team. They've got height in the CB pairing, so maybe we can go at their outside backs. Press relatively high and try to get a deep turnover?

I think we'll be lucky to get a result here, but I'm still not sold on the LAFC defensive 6/7. A lot of what they love to do is get Vela or the wings touches 25-30 yards out and give them 1v1 opportunities to make a play, which can be much harder to do on our home field. We'll probably see something like what we did to Rooney with Vela and try to clog Rossi in the middle to minimize playing him through. Could see a bit of a high line here, too.

Again, I have no idea how Dome is going to attack this team. They've got height in the CB pairing, so maybe we can go at their outside backs. Press relatively high and try to get a deep turnover?
Good analysis. In the DC match, Sweat and Tinny were deployed high and wide. I wouldn't mind seeing some inside fullback play to try and win the ball in midfield and cut off the supply to Rossi and Vela.

Reactions: Kjbert

I think we’re gonna get rolled by a team that enjoys scoring.

Join us on March 17th vs. LAFC:

• 12:30pm – 2:30pm: Join us at Billy’s Sports Bar for the Heineken Pre-match Party
  • 1:30pm– All stadium gates open to the public
  • 2:15pm – Warmups begin
  • 2:50pm– Be in your seats for pre-match ceremonies!
  • 2:55pm – Starting XI’s announced
  • 2:57pm – New York’s Bravest and Finest lead New York City’s team onto the pitch
  • 3:00pm – Join in with Irish tenor, David O’Leary as he performs the National Anthem.
  • 3:03pm– The smokestacks are set-off to kickoff the match
  • 3:05pm– Kickoff

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
Friendly Travel Reminder

Sunday is St. Patrick's Day. The East Side of Manhattan will be very crowded. Public Transit will also be very crowded, and Metro North is not allowing alcohol on its trains for the duration of the weekend.

going to the bronx should be fine if early enough though, at least thats what im hoping.

The parade is tomorrow, so the traffic on the subway won’t be too bad on Sunday. Though the half marathon is on Sunday.
Totally right. I had thought the parade was Sunday - i.e. game day.

Restrictions on alcohol still apply on Metro North all weekend, and the half marathon will be a challenge.

Going to miss this one next weekend. I am happy to be able to get $180 in credits.

I don’t see how we keep them off the board.
I can get $12 to trade in mine right now.

That’s just shit. Can’t even buy a beer. And that’s fair. A ticket to watch this team isn’t nearly as good as beer.

Dare I say this is a make or break match for our squad? 2 points out of 9 to start the year is miserable. 3 isn’t great.

5 out of 9 with so many moving parts, with two of your toughest home matches out of the way? Could be a rallying cry.
We have no chance to win this. Not even a prayer.

Reactions: Kjbert and canchon
Status
Not open for further replies.