Home - Orlando 03/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predictions on lineup and personnel?

I think we can agree that Brillant, Matarrita, Pirlo, Mix and Villa are starters unless injured, based on salary and form. What is your guess for formation and who will start the other positions?

I think we stick with the 343 at home, but mendoza starts over khiry and Mena starts over hernandez.

I think we stick with the 343 at home, but mendoza starts over khiry and Mena starts over hernandez.

I'd love to see that, but so far I don't think we've seen any indication that PV feels the same way we do about Mena (granted he was injured). He seems to have a lot of confidence in Hernandez (based on games played preseason-now, even wore the captains armband for a game in pre). I really hope he does recognize how much of a liability Hernandez is and gives Mena a shot. He's got the raw defending 1v1 skill we need against someone like Larin, and will also need time to settle in to avoid falling into the same situation we were in last year. The more we let the less-skilled Hernandez settle in, the less chance Mena has of recognizing his full potential here, especially if we're playing a 3 man backline.

Bronx Terminal Market is definitely a good one. If you want I could send you an email with a 10$ coupon for if you prepay through a site called ParkWhiz. I used it for the opener and it was great.
Yeah that would be great thanks.

I'd love to see that, but so far I don't think we've seen any indication that PV feels the same way we do about Mena (granted he was injured). He seems to have a lot of confidence in Hernandez (based on games played preseason-now, even wore the captains armband for a game in pre). I really hope he does recognize how much of a liability Hernandez is and gives Mena a shot. He's got the raw defending 1v1 skill we need against someone like Larin, and will also need time to settle in to avoid falling into the same situation we were in last year. The more we let the less-skilled Hernandez settle in, the less chance Mena has of recognizing his full potential here, especially if we're playing a 3 man backline.
Mena's ass single handedly kept one of Larin's goals out in that last OCSC game if I recall correctly

Considering the fact that we probably won't see Lampard tomorrow, it's sad to think that Drogba who joined the league a year later than Lampard "joined" the league has already played more games/minutes than Frank.
No ways about it. The Lampard signing has been a total failure. There is still some time for him to play and contribute in a big way but I am not holding my breath.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Considering the fact that we probably won't see Lampard tomorrow, it's sad to think that Drogba who joined the league a year later than Lampard "joined" the league has already played more games/minutes than Frank.
would rather play tmac and mix than frank anyway so im not too bothered, dont really see how he will suit PV's style of play and it will but alot more pressure on the other midfielders if frank is playing aswell as pirlo.
im just hoping we get rid of frank or make him a non DP in the summer and get someone younger in who isnt a CM.

Predictions on lineup and personnel?

I think we can agree that Brillant, Matarrita, Pirlo, Mix and Villa are starters unless injured, based on salary and form. What is your guess for formation and who will start the other positions?

With Kaka out, Larin is far and away the biggest worry for our defense this game. I wonder if we go back to a 4-man backline for this one in order to effectively double team Larin in the middle. (Bravo worked better against Gio because he drops back into the midfield more often. Larin is more likely to hold the line and stay near the CB's.)

FW: Taylor - Villa - Mendoza
MF: McNamara - Pirlo - Mix
DF: Mataritta - Hernandez - Brillant - White
GK: Saunders

Chance of Iraola in for White, and Mena in for Hernandez. Upfront I'm expecting a rotation at winger among our three, could be any two of them to start with the third subbing in late.

So I'll be driving and thus sober for the first game ever so... Any suggestions on a good parking lot?

This really depends on where you are coming from.

I drive down from Westchester on the 87. I have a great system that minimizes time getting on and off the highway. The quickest garage to get to off the 87 is the Ruppert Plaza Garage. The quickest leaving after the game is 161st Street. The key is that those two are connected at the bottom level, so you enter one and leave the other.

My system begins by taking the exit off the 87 at McCombs Dam Bridge and turning left toward the stadium. Just over the bridge, you turn right into the Ruppert Plaza Garage. When you get to the bottom of the ramp, ask the attendant to let you turn right and park on the bottom level. This turn is blocked off by cones, but I've never had a problem having him move them. Then, park in the back corner of the garage in the row farthest from the stadium, and closest to where the two garages meet. Then, you simply pull out and join the line to exit at 161st.

Oh, and validate your parking ticket when you arrive, not after the game - the lines are impossible after the game.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Mena and Iraola are both available for this game. I can definitely see Mena starting pending he's had enough training with the backline. That being said, if we're in a formation with a three man backline Iraola would end up on the bench. Mataritta is much more effective.

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.