Home - Orlando 03/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly what it is. I know we aren't doing one this week...but anybody could if they felt like it.
Live from the staidum would be feasible, the problem is ambient noise.
The other problem is the policy forbidding it:
"Guests are not permitted to transmit and/ or stream or aid in transmitting and/or streaming any account, description, picture, video, audio, reproduction or other information about any games or events, with the exception of NYCFC and/or NYCFC partner sponsored social media activations."
http://www.nycfc.com/matchday/a-zguide/

"Guests are not permitted to transmit and/ or stream or aid in transmitting and/or streaming any account, description, picture, video, audio, reproduction or other information about any games or events, with the exception of NYCFC and/or NYCFC partner sponsored social media activations."

Fuckin Aye.

details.... details..... whomever does this, just use the name Midas Mulligan during the broadcast & let the listeners know that you're watching live from the Batter's Eye Seats, and see if the club pursues it.

-edit- and talk with a southern drawl....

Reactions: BxLio91
I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team selected by PV for the Orlando game. Overall I thought it was a very good performance and the team looked very compact.

I thought Brilliant and Hernandez where much improved against Toronto. It helped having Bravo in front of them and Mattarita being less offensive.

The forward line looks good and behind them Mix and TMAC are playing very well. I just feel PV will want to have some continuity in the team and that is why I feel he will play an unchanged team.

Reactions: Gene
I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team selected by PV for the Orlando game. Overall I thought it was a very good performance and the team looked very compact.

I thought Brilliant and Hernandez where much improved against Toronto. It helped having Bravo in front of them and Mattarita being less offensive.

The forward line looks good and behind them Mix and TMAC are playing very well. I just feel PV will want to have some continuity in the team and that is why I feel he will play an unchanged team.

I'll strongly disagree with that because the players he'd be putting in (aside from Stiven - which isn't happening yet) were the ones training and playing with the 1st team all pre-season till they got injured. They lost familiarity when the subs had to step up. He needs to put the most talented players who have the chemistry with the 1st team back in and then allow that group to gel more. It doesn't make sense to leave in less talented players like Hernandez just because he was in the 1st 2 matches (and looked terrible as well).

I'll strongly disagree with that because the players he'd be putting in (aside from Stiven - which isn't happening yet) were the ones training and playing with the 1st team all pre-season till they got injured. They lost familiarity when the subs had to step up. He needs to put the most talented players who have the chemistry with the 1st team back in and then allow that group to gel more. It doesn't make sense to leave in less talented players like Hernandez just because he was in the 1st 2 matches (and looked terrible as well).

He may not want to take too much of a risk with player/players coming back from injury.

Also if he goes 3 at the back again, I can see him playing the same three for continuity. Also the players in midfield and up front did very well. So if there are changes it will be one at best in my opinion. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept the same team.

For those using the ParkWhiz coupon that I posted last page, print out the coupon and bring it to the parking lot and you can exchange that with an attendant who is there (he was on the second floor by the entrance/exit last game) for an exit ticket. Took 5 seconds.

What is everyone's opinion on Larin? He's obviously very good, but a different type of opponent than giovinco. Needs service, as opposed to creating on his own?
I think Larin is the Lukaku of this league; a strong #9 who has a huge presence in the box. I think the experience and physicality of Brilliant can stop him. If that is how we play.

Do we see Orlando really even threaten us here? Their defense has been flaky and offense has really just gotten lucky a bit.
Just from flaky stats.....

NYCFC has the second best attack with 6 goal & 35 shots - 17 on target (we create chances)
Orlando has 3 goal & 27 shots - 12 on target (not as good of a conversion rate)

NYCFC faced the top 2 teams that get caught offsides (Chi 7 & Tor 11)
Orlando has only been caught offsides 4 times so either they time their run perfectly or they aren't playing a lot of through-balls testing the back line.

NYCFC has committed 24 fouls and suffered 22 fouls - fairly standard in the league
Orlando has committed a league leading 34 fouls and suffered only 18. And yet somehow 2 of the 18 were red cards. THis still tells me that Orlando is either too physical or too reckless in their tackles while their opponent hasn't needed to foul in order to contain them (while also being down a player each game).

upload_2016-3-17_16-47-24.png

He may not want to take too much of a risk with player/players coming back from injury.

Also if he goes 3 at the back again, I can see him playing the same three for continuity. Also the players in midfield and up front did very well. So if there are changes it will be one at best in my opinion. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept the same team.

The only thing that makes me think you may be correct is how Lampard is still wrapped in bubble wrap. But I hope we start letting our players play instead of coddling them out of fear of re-injury.

The only thing that makes me think you may be correct is how Lampard is still wrapped in bubble wrap. But I hope we start letting our players play instead of coddling them out of fear of re-injury.

It's a long season Adam and the most important thing is we get a few early wins to give us confidence. We won't achieve that by changing players every week. Especially at the start when your trying to find continuity in the team. PV may make a change or two. However, I would certainly go with the same team that started last week.

I think we all need to relax on making such rash judgments on a game by game basis. How are we ever supposed to have continuity if we want to replace players after a bad game, or bad half, or bad 10 minutes. You need to stick with players as a coach to give them confidence, letting them know that making mistakes is part of the game. The worst is when players play scared.
We have to remember Mena is coming back
It's a long season Adam and the most important thing is we get a few early wins to give us confidence. We won't achieve that by changing players every week. Especially at the start when your trying to find continuity in the team. PV may make a change or two. However, I would certainly go with the same team that started last week.
Agreed. One of the main reasons we had the winless streak was players never knew if they were going to play the next week. There was absolutely no consistency in the lineup and players were played either of out position or in a completely different role.

Well yeah...that too

Reactions: mgarbowski
Ideal lineup for tomorrow if Vieira keeps the WM 3-2-2-3...

-------Taylor--Vila--Mendoza------
----------Poku-------Mix------------
-----------Bravo----Pirlo------------
---Matarrita---Brillant---Mena----
MOTHERFUCKING JOHANSEN

Agreed we want continuity. But then go with PVs preferred 433 that we did use game 1. The only change I'm proposing from that lineup is Iraola back where he belongs at RB instead of White who played only CB in preseason (talk about inconsistent) and replacing Hernandez with Mena, so we have more talent and maybe not get burned on the high line. Moreover, Orlando is dangerous on their wide play and we could get killed with only 3 in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.